[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everyone so upset about Harambe the Gorilla being shot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 18

File: Harambe.jpg (78KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Harambe.jpg
78KB, 960x540px
Why is everyone so upset about Harambe the Gorilla being shot?

I mean it's distracted from some very important issues going on in the world, and the gorilla was shot to save a human's life.

Are we to the point where an animal or an insect's life is equivalent to a human being?

When I first read the article, I shrugged and move on to the next page where I was more concerned about an article about ISIS.

We have extremists out there bent on making a global caliphate and people are crying and even making death threats over a gorilla? Seriously?

The fuck has happened to humanity? It goes against nature to value the life of another species above your own, and it also goes against natural selection, yet we got people screaming about the dead gorilla.

The only thing I think that should have been done differently is that they should have removed the gorilla's testes immediately after its death and extracted sperm from it and used it to artificially impregnate the female gorillas at the zoo, problem solved.

What's the big deal people, other than Harambe's testes not being immediately removed and taken while on the slab?
>>
You don't know anything.
>>
>>2135455
They even have fucking facebook groups called /Justice4Harambe/

What the fuck is the matter with people? what happened to priorities?

We got people saying

>huur let's end zoo's

Great idea dipshit, let's release an endangered animal into the wild where it stands less of a chance.

We really need to revisit the issue of eugenics and sterilization for the betterment of humanity, especially when it comes to these PETA nuts.
>>
>>2135458
>You don't know anything.

Great rebuttal anon. Tell us were you on your high school debate team?
>>
>>2135455
>Important member of a critically endangered species is unfortunately culled due to a mother's negligence
>Why is everybody upset?

Seriously? Is it so hard for so many people to comprehend that some people are worried about the extinction of a highly intelligent animal that is our own fault?
>>
>>2135455
Are they that upset? Or is it just that there's discussion on an event that rarely happens and is easy to chime in on? With maybe some idiots doing something stupid like threats, but that's what those people do. I haven't followed this as I'm the same as you, I try to put my time into something else (today I've been reading about the UNGASS 2016 global drug policy session).
>>
What's to value about something there are 6 billion of already, and those 6 billion are not only fucking over the entire planet, but have far too many of its kind that are too dumb to hold onto their own child when standing over a 20 foot drop to a wild animal. Idiots are far from sacred.
>>
File: 1396830439907.gif (45KB, 165x180px) Image search: [Google]
1396830439907.gif
45KB, 165x180px
>>2135474

I try not to be an edgelord but this
>>
>>2135474
You are what is wrong with the human race, valuing other species above your own and concerning yourself more with the lives with other species than the lives of your own. You go against natural selection, if we were a tribe you would be out on your own with the beasts.
>>
>>2135474
>>2135476
Same here. I love humanity and all, but dang if there are too many of us to care. My ape brain can only manage to give a fuck about those nearest to me and anything scarce.

The ape is something scarce, the kid is neither scarce nor near to me.

Ape > random idiot human
>>
File: SJWanimal.png (235KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
SJWanimal.png
235KB, 640x361px
>>2135474
>>2135476
You hipsters disgust me. You sit there on your computers with your self righteous indignation bullshit, when you are just as much a factor in your supposed "problem" as everyone else.

Please tell us what all you are doing to save the world other than post on forums you SJW bums.
>>
>>2135485

I know, but it doesn't change how I feel. There's too many fucking people, myself included
>>
File: the life of d&d.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
the life of d&d.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
>>2135488
>>2135484
>Ape > random idiot human
You can always tell who the goth/ emo/ no friend basement dwellers are by their attitude that

>huur humans suck

>animals are better

Go play your dungeons and dragons and wallow in your own self pity some more.
>>
File: Snakek.png (202KB, 322x277px) Image search: [Google]
Snakek.png
202KB, 322x277px
>>2135485
>Please tell us what all you are doing to save the world
I've abstained of sex for 28 years so as to not contribute to the overpopulation problem!
>>
>>2135493
>Implying D&D isn't the bee's knees.
>>
>>2135493

I have lots of friends I swear. I never said one was better, but there are enough people that I can objectively say that maybe it's time for the earth's population to drop a little. it doesn't have to be a genocide, just a little less reproducing, yeah?
>>
>>2135495
The current economic paradigm however state that we must reproduce to create new tax payers and keep the wheels turning. You're causing problems!
>>
>>2135502
How will they pay taxes while unemployed?
>>
>>2135508
If repeat the mantra "create jobs" many times we will achieve 100% employment rate!

I'm not American so maybe this works differently there.
>>
>>2135474

Cool, how about you volunteer to kill yourself so that we're at 6 billion -1?

No? Then how about you shut the fuck up with your edgelord opinion the value of human life?
>>
>>2135510
Encourage him more, maybe he'll engage on a killing spree.
>>
>>2135461
GorillaLivesMatter, huhuhu
>>
You're pretty dumb aswell, you totally ignore the fact that how the F*ck did the boy fell in to the cage in the first place? It's the parents fault... Thats what dissapoints me the most... As a parent if that would happen to me, I feel responsible for it and would go after it to save my kid... I think the parents should be hold responsible for their incomprehensible parenting... Besides if you look l closely the gorilla is protecting the child from all the over stressed people yelling and pointing at him... The gorilla never hurt the kid, and the fact that the zookeepers who are ellagely the professionals when it come to dealing with this animal can't remove the kid without shooting it is also a big flaw... They don't even recognize the behavior of the gorilla... Now stop your humanaster race discussion because we simply ain't.. Your argument about the isis problem... It's true but the same people here probably also have time for that... Just because we ginds this horrible doesn't mean we don't care about that problem aswell you narrow-minded dumbass. Gtfo with your dumb ass thread.
>>
>>2135467

>implying a child should be able to get into an enclosure in the first place

the area wasn't secure if a 4 year old breached it, kids run off and do sneaky things parents are human, mistakes happen and children can do things they shouldn't in a matter of seconds

the zoo is at fault for not having a secure enclosure this would have been avoided if the gorilla was penned up properly or had age restrictions on exhibits
>>
>>2135598

>go after to save my kid

so the zoo would have to worry about an idiot and a child in the enclosure, that's such a well thought out plan

shit happens, as a parent you're going to make mistakes and be imperfect maybe this will never happen, but you will and that won't make you a horrible parent or person it will make you human
>>
>>2135598

>protecting

you consider dragging a child through water by their leg protection? would you do protect your child by unnecessarily roughly dragging them through water? if someone else did that to your kid would it be protection? if a gorilla that can crush a coconut with one hand did that to your kid would you consider it protection? even if it was protection that gorilla could have severely injured the child, children are fragile
>>
>>2135455
How new are you OP? About once a month we get a human/animal thread and all the idiots on /an/ chime in or criticize people who believe human life is more important than some animal.
If this is the first time you've been disgusted by your fellow man, or noticed /an/'s lack of morals, values, and common sense then you truly need to lurk moar.
>>
>>2135455
kid was stupid and dumb
gorilla acted on instinct
parent should've done better
enclosure wasn't secure if a fucking four year old kid can just enter
>>
>>2135455
This uproar happened because some of us never figured out that mighty joe young is a work of fiction and that gorillas are just animals.

A brief wikipedia read reveals that gorillas are being killed off mostly by HIV and Ebola and shit. Why is everyone weeping with guilt when we're, seemingly, not the chief cause of harm like with many other creatures we poach?
>>
If I see a gorilla start to drag one of you guys around like a ragdoll, I'm shooting it.

You're welcome BTW

>>2135630
Because if we turn our heads and give 0 fucks then most animals will die, which screws up the ecosystem and that's going to bite us in the ass sooner or later.
>>
>>2135624

kid was actually 3, there's no way a 3 year old just knows better or can even conceive of how badly that would've turned out

calling a 3 year old dumb for not having the foresight to know how badly that would go is actually dumb, so you're the idiot here not the toddler
>>
>>2135632
>If I see a gorilla start to drag one of you guys around like a ragdoll, I'm shooting it.

On this board, you would be in the minority. It wasn't very long ago we had a thread with the subject of "Your pet and a complete stranger are trapped in a burning building, who do you save?"
Motherfuckers needed an explanation as to why human life is more valuable than a cat.
>>
>>2135615
They do it among themselves, they also can not use all their force when they want.
>>
>>2135455
The other Great Apes have always been controversial.

>Are we to the point where an "animal" or an insect's life is equivalent to a human being?

Gorillas are not just animals. They're incredible intelligent creatures that are capable of rational thought, communication, relationships, and everything with humans.

To simply call a Gorilla "animal" is an insult to humans. You wouldn't simply call us "animals" and yet we are animals. Gorillas are in a similar category. I don't know what this "testicle" meme is either.
>>
>>2135485
>Please tell us what all you are doing to save the world other than post on forums you SJW bums.

if I fall in a Gorilla pit, let me die.
>>
>>2135649

>They do it among themselves

that doesn't make it less dangerous when it's done to a human child
>>
>>2135654
>that doesn't make it less dangerous when it's done to a human child
That doesn't change the fact that he was protecting the child.
Also children are not as frail as you think; the fucking kid was just fine and he had fallen into the cage.
>>
>>2135658

it isn't protection when it can easily become dangerous, humans are not gorillas why do you think you know more about gorillas than people who have worked with them for decades that you think you're somehow more qualified to know how to handle the situation than them? i doubt they wanted to kill him, if there were other safer options they would have been employed, and 3 year old humans are definitely too fragile to be left alone with a gorilla for extended periods of time
>>
>>2135646
I suppose you could just throw the cat out the window and minimize the risk of being overcome by smoke yourself.

>Running into a burning house

ayy. Have you seen how fast that shit ignites?
>>
>>2135661
You dense motherfucker.
The gorilla had no intention to hurt the kid, it wasn't a lion trying to kill some suicidal idiot.
They never tried to handle the situation, they tried to kill the gorilla.
>>
>>2135665
>The gorilla had no intention to hurt the kid
How the fuck do you know? You're not Dian Fossey.
Any animal subjected to confinement is not going to react to that situation in a typical fashion, especially a testosterone filled male gorilla. Being stuck in captivity fucks with an animal or humans head, and makes them unpredictable.
Unpredictable, the main fucking reason that gorilla was shot.
>>
File: VHEMT.jpg (17KB, 323x300px) Image search: [Google]
VHEMT.jpg
17KB, 323x300px
Just gonna leave this here.
>>
>>2135669
Yeah, they became 100% unpredictable, the way they are acting means nothing at all, no one can ever assert anything from the behaviour of an animal in a zoo, ever.
He was shot because it was the sue free thing to do.
>>
>>2135465
That what our presidents keep sayng
>>
>>2135665

have you spent any amount of time with male silverbacks? how about that gorilla? did you spend a day interacting with him? a few weeks? years? would you leave your kid with him and feel safe about it? you don't know what that particular gorilla was like, you don't know the way the situation would've gone down, and you can't predict a wild animal's behavior he could have easily hurt and killed the kid and did several things that were not protective or ok

tranquilizers were not an option, someone else going in the enclosure could have made the situation worse, leaving the kid with a male silverback for an indeterminate amount of time to see what happens is unacceptable, and waiting until things get or become dangerous is acting too late as a gorilla could easily kill a child

the zoo should have had a more secure enclosure or age restrictions since they don't so children are not around potentially dangerous animals, this isn't the first and probably won't be the last child who has gotten into a zoo enclosure so it's logical to assume the real problem is that enough preventative measures aren't taken when it comes to safety of the animals and children, but once something goes wrong people need to act quickly to prevent the worst case scenario if there was another failproof method no doubt it would have been chosen over killing the gorilla
>>
>>2135675
>have you spent any amount of time with male silverbacks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekoDt_uxb_E
>tranquilizers were not an option
Why? He would be less distressed by a tranquilizer than a bullet
>the ... gorilla
Adding more security will limit the visibility and zoos don't like that. The security was just fine, you have to WANT to get in to get in, it was the mother's fault not the zoo's.
In fact the kid would probably be a much better human being if he stayed with the gorilla than he will with his mother.
>>
>>2135672
>he was shot because it was the sue free thing to do.
Yes, it was the best way to handle the situation without a 3 year old being torn limb from limb.
If there was another way for the experts who deal with this gorilla everyday, and know his behavior better than anyone else, to handle the situation without killing the endangered animal that they care for, they would have taken it.
If the gorilla was really just trying to protect the child, and it wasn't a dangerous situation like you want to believe, the handlers would have entered the enclosure.
They didn't.
Because it was a dangerous situation, weather you want to admit, or believe it.
They made a tough decision and are now dealing with the repurcussions. Apparently they can deal with the reality of the issue, why can't you?
>>
>>2135679
Zoos don't give a fuck about their animals.
They killed the gorilla because it was the easiest thing to do that would prevent a law suit.
>>
>>2135680
Easiest or not it doesn't matter. It was still validated.
>>
>>2135681
They killed the gorilla because it was the thing to do that would prevent a law suit.
Better now?
>>
People really need to get off their fucking high horse with this gorilla shit.
Ignoring the fact that it's the parents fault that the niglet fell where he fell.

What if it was your child? The floor collapsed and your child fell trough the ground into the cage, a portal opened beneath your little girl's feet and she was teleported down there, anything.

Would you:
>a) Have them try to tranquilize the gorilla and risk it throwing your child like a ragdoll across the habitat
>b) Have them bring his handler and hope this dumb ape doesn't decide killing him is appropriate
>c) Have an expert come and shoot the gorilla with 100% chance of your child not dying

People really can't put things into perspective.
>>
>one retarded hillbilly child's life is worth more than any animal's
>>
>>2135678

unless that's a video of you with a gorilla i'm uninterested, tranquilizers can distress wild large animals and cause them to act out before the drugs kick in people were shouting, he was too close to the kid, introducing pain and drugs isn't the best idea it would have only added to the danger of the situation and if there are any doubts as to what will happen you go with the definite solution to the problem even if it's more extreme and not ideal when a child's life is at stake

you're an idiot if you think a child is better left with a gorilla, and you're acting as if children don't ever just sneak off or do stupid things it takes seconds and plenty of parents have had their kids do something stupid at one point or another it's impossible to watch a kid 100% of the time and sometimes accidents and mistakes happen

this woman isn't negligent, she's human, she had other kids with her and she was also paying attention to them, but kids can and do run off i know i did and my mother was a helicopter parent and i still managed it

if they don't want to obscure visibility then it should be an older child and adult exhibit and small children shouldn't be allowed since security isn't important, and sure you have to actively want to get in there but this kid was 3 and did actively want to get inside and did
>>
>>2135687
> Age restricted exhibits

Do these actually exist?
>>
>>2135687
>It's impossible to prevent your kids from climbing into zoo enclosures!

Kill yourself.
>>
>>2135690

they should if a child is capable of getting past security and better security isn't an option for whatever reason, small kids are happier going to petting zoos and farms anyway and that's where they should be taken until they're old enough to listen and behave better than toddler level or the security needs to be better this isn't something that's never happened before, but at least with older children and adults doing something idiotic you can really blame the individual, since a toddler just doesn't know enough to understand the full consequences of their actions and curious enough to disobey and run off at any opportunity, in a place with security that can be easily breached and wild animals it's just a bad combination
>>
>>2135691

> i lack reading comprehension and don't understand that accidents happen and people aren't infallible

you're the one who has a hard time understanding human language, human behavior, and reality sounds like you might not be the better candidate for existence here
>>
>>2135682
They killed it because it prevented a death of a human being. Now I'm better.
>>
>>2135687
>unless that's a video of you with a gorilla i'm uninterested
Way to go, champ!
>it takes seconds
Then kid is fucking spider-man, if knew that before... he was fine all he had to do was get out with his web, he is even stronger than the gorilla!!
>>
>>2135698

it takes seconds for the child to disappear through the first barrier, after that you're assuming the mother knows exactly where her child went and didn't look around elsewhere while he climbed into the enclosure, it's easy to know where a child will be after the fact when you've watched it on tv not nearly as easy when you're a parent in that situation and probably immediately panicked and have no idea where your child is

i'm guessing you would fail the theory of mind test
>>
>>2135700
Spidey is 3 years old; his motor skills aren't great, neither is his size. It took a lot of time for him to get there.
Aunt May is at fault.
>>
>>2135702

there were other patrons and zoo workers there, no one noticed the child until he was in the enclosure why do you think the mother needs to be superhuman? kids start climbing before they're two, and are usually better at it than most adults by three
>>
Kids that prove not to be as smart as dogs should just be leashed when outside, too. Problem solved.
>>
>>2135705

>calling a toddler stupid for not understanding how bad of an idea that was

are you ever around children? their brains aren't fully formed, and they're still learning that doesn't make them stupid it makes them unaware
>>
>>2135703
>there were other patrons and zoo workers there
Yes and none of them thought about taking care about a child that is not theirs and was with his mother, jeez i wonder why...
>and are usually better at it than most adults by three
Fuck me for not realizing americans live on the Marvel universe... where the fuck was Thor to save Peter?
>>
I hope the zoo sues the parents so hard they have to live from dumpster food the rest of their lives. Fucking retarded mother, it's all her fault.
>>
>>2135713
How many kids do you have? How many times a day are you responsible for someone other than yourself?
Actually parents are the first to criticize, which is fucked up because we should know better than anybody how fast bad shit can happen.
I agree with you that charges should be brought against the parents because ultimately they were responsible for that kid. However I also understand that accidents and mistakes are going to happen with children. If you divert your attention for just a few seconds something bad, like climbing in a gorilla enclosure, can and will happen.
To sit there and say "well you shouldn't ever take your eyes off your kid, no excuses." Is just unrealistic and the sign of someone unexperienced at parenting.
>>
>Grabs the kind and fixes his clothes, pulls the pants up, etc
>Protects the kid from the screaming mob
>Gets killed
The gorilla did nothing wrong, but the outcome was inevitable, they couldn't sedate the gorilla because after the sting the gorilla could have thought the kid harmed it, or due the sedation the gorilla could have done erratic shit and kill the kid on accident.

Nothing new, bad shit happens and innocents die, but at least the kid is safe, what they should do now is fucking fine the mother or something for being such an awful parent.
>>
>>2135717
I'm 22, and no, I don't have a child, but I had baby sibilings and baby cousins and I watched over them. Went to zoos and shit with them and never happened something like that, why? because I kept an eye on them instead of the phone.

Also each one of us looked for each other, maybe we aren't retards.
>>
It's understandable a parent can't be perfect 24/7.

But how retarded do you have to be to not keep an eye on your kid when you are standing next to a pit full of fucking gorillas, and the kid even says they want to jump in?
>>
>>2135718
>they couldn't sedate the gorilla because after the sting the gorilla could have thought the kid harmed it, or due the sedation the gorilla could have done erratic shit and kill the kid on accident.
That, and the gorilla was standing in water and would have likely drowned, or even passed out on top of the kid and killed both of them.
>>
>>2135709

the motor skills children lack are fine motor skills which are not required for climbing, their climbing skills are fine and since they do it more often than adults they tend to be better at it, children are natural athletes and lose that as they age in most cases if you're unaware of that you aren't around children

you're right they didn't have a child to watch, but my point was that none of them saw the kid so maybe he wasn't highly visible until it was already too late and the zoo workers should be watching to make sure no one is getting into the enclosures, adults included

you saying ludicrous things doesn't prove your point, it only proves that you lack a factual counterpoint to use to discuss this matter, that you know nothing about children, and again that you expected the mother to immediately look in the enclosure when she noticed her child wasn't around as if she has some kind of psychic powers or was she supposed to have spidey senses? most parents would look around the immediate area, and the crowd behind them, assume their child wandered to another exhibit what they would not assume immediately is the worst case scenario where their kid is actually climbing into a gorilla's enclosure

children wander off, that's part of what having a child means sometimes, it happens to plenty of perfectly decent parents at least once, you're acting like this kid is crawling into zoo enclosures and running out into the street on a daily basis for all you know this was just an isolated and unfortunate incident that could happen to plenty of parents, and does happen in a variety of situations to a lot of parents

you're very unrealistic to say the least, maybe you should spend less time reading comic books and online and more time around actual human beings

it's amazing how many people are better parents whether or not they have kids, know all there is to know about children and gorillas whether or not they're ever around them
>>
>>2135725
No, parents are perfect, you can't blame them, they dindu nothing wrong
>>
>>2135707
Why, yes, I had a shitload of baby cousins, and I even was one myself.
Nobody ever had such a problem because, wow, our parents (or older siblings/cousins) watched over us.

So yes, if you can't take your eyes off your phone, put your kid on a leash. Safer for all.
>>
Wait a minute...you have to keep an eye on your kid around dangerous shit like dangerous animals? holy shit, I didn't know that
>>
>>2135722

the mother was paying attention to her other kids at the time it happened, not her phone, you aren't responsible for your siblings and cousins every day watching them once in a while or even often isn't the same

i was the kind of kid who would say dumb things to my mother to watch her panic over them, usually with no intention of follow through i also enjoyed wandering off it's very easy for me to see why if i did something like that at the zoo my mother wouldn't take it entirely seriously and wouldn't look there for me first
>>
>>2135735
>you aren't responsible for your siblings every day
I was, my parents worked 10-12 hours each when I was 14 yo and my siblings 6 or less. You're right with my cousins though.
>>
>>2135730

the entire point is that parents are imperfect and things happen

>>2135732

you're extremely self righteous, and where does it say anywhere that this woman was on the phone instead of watching her child? are you just saying that because you think it sounds good?

my mother was an overprotective helicopter, i still got away sometimes, never in the zoo but plenty of other places accidents happen, mistakes happen

and dealing with kids day and night is very different than watching them on one trip
>>
>>2135736

well i guess you're the epitome of perfection and know all there is to know about every situation and child
>>
Who cares? there're like hundreds of those in Congo, just go there a catch another.
>>
>1 day left till retirement
>>
>>2135455
>I mean it's distracted from some very important issues going on in the world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg
>>
>>2135739
>hundreds
That number is not as big as you think.
>>
>>2135722
Any accidents happen to you or your siblings growing up? I understand you didn't fall in to a gorilla enclosure, but we're there any other bad things that happened that someone on the internet can look at and say"well, the parents should have been paying better attention".
The parents are responsible, they did fuck up, I'm just saying I understand why because I can put myself in the position of someone responsible for a child, and know how accidents happen.
>>
>>2135618
>people who believe human life is more important than some animal
People who use their heart more than their brain.
>>
>>2135500
I agree with you anon
>>
>>2135728
>the ... children
You say i'm unrealistic but think that a half-meter shit machine will climb better than meter and a half naked monkey. Unless the adult is obese a 3 year old will never climb better due to reach alone, not to metion strength and better analysis of the environment.
>you're ... included
Yeah but nobody thinks this is going to happen nor is necesseraly watching the fence, and zoos don't have personel on every cage at every moment.
>you ... enclosure
Spider-boy said he wanted to swin with the gorillas. Kids are stupid little shits with little experience and they actually stand for what they want, in this case standing means jumping a fence.
The mother should pay more attencion to him specially at that moment.
>children wander off
Yes and you become more lenient to that as they grow older and less dumb; 3 years old is still a not lenient phase.
>you're very unrealistic to say the least, maybe you should spend less time reading comic books and online and more time around actual human beings
I like hyperboles; i don't read comic books; i have spent plenty of time with human beings, specialy in childhood when me and my 12 cousins would play all day and along many things go to the zoo where we were put in check when necessary by an aunt or whoever was taking care of us at the moment.
>it's amazing how many people are better parents whether or not they have kids, know all there is to know about children and gorillas whether or not they're ever around them
says the guy assuming things about others he never met.
>>
>>2135745
>Any accidents happen to you or your siblings growing up?
So far none
>>
>>2135749
>this just in, hindsight is 20/20
>>
>>2135749

most adults don't even climb anything ever, obese or not being unaccustomed to something means you probably aren't good at it in comparison to a child, and you made it sound like a child is incapable

also was there even a fence that was climbed? the only thing i saw of the enclosure was an area the kid was able to slip through and nothing else, are we assuming there was also a chain link fence or is that the actual set up of the zoo?

zoos should have personnel on every location at any given moment, not doing so is a failure of the zoo especially when people do go into animal enclosures every year that's just something that happens, better security and safety around enclosures is clearly a necessity and the zoo is partially to blame here

not all kids say things that they intend on doing, as i've said i said things like that all of the time to just see my mother's reaction and plenty of kids do, assuming the child is serious isn't necessarily the most sensible thing to do

a three year old doesn't need a lenient parent in order to wander off, some kids are fully capable of noticing and taking advantage of opportunity

just because something never happened in a zoo to you or your cousins doesn't mean nothing ever happened, and unless you were all highly unusual i'm willing to bet you all found ways to sneak and do stupid things here and there

sometimes things just happen

hyperbole doesn't prove points, it just makes you out to be an asshole, i did make assumptions about you this is 4chan and you sound like a comic obsessed autist going on and on about spiderman instead of actually bringing up any intelligent points or adding to the discussion in a way that's even somewhat sensible
>>
>>2135753
No broken bones, no tense moments when one of you couldn't be found, no bike wrecks or anything anon?
>>
>>2135761
Never happened to me, and my mom used to take me out a lot.
Maybe you just had bad parents, it happens.
>>
>>2135753

so you, your siblings, and your cousins have never gotten hurt? never did anything you weren't supposed to do that could have gone wrong? never snuck off? you were all just absolutely perfect and everything has always gone perfectly? that's hard to believe, and even if it's true it's highly abnormal
>>
>>2135762

a kid slipping on their bike doesn't mean their parent is bad, a kid getting hurt doesn't mean their parent is bad, maybe you were just an abnormal kid who didn't do much of anything
>>
>>2135762
>being this unrealistic
Well, maybe you are letting your pride get in the way if you refuse to admit that nothing bad ever happened to you or your siblings as a kid. It happens.
I'm sure your parents might have a different story if you asked them if you ever had any accidents growing up.
>>
>>2135769
I don't even know how it feels to have a broken bone, I never got lost and never cared about bike.
If a kid wanders around it's 100% the parents fault.
>>
>>2135761
>>2135764
Sure, a couple of bruises on knees and elbows, but no broken bones, sprains or anything remotely dangerous, not even a bleeding nose or a bonk.

The stuff that I'm more proud is that with time they started to take care of each other, though I still kept an eye over them, I didn't trust the little bastards.
>>
>Comparing a small bike accident with losing your kid in the damn zoo after he repeatedly told you he wanted to be with the damn gorilla
No, it's entirely the mother's fault, this is not a bruised knee, this is the mother literally ignoring her kid in a dangerous as fuck place. You can't leave your kid along in the middle of the highway and expect nobody blame you because you only took your eyes off him for a second.
>>
>>2135754
>Peter tells aunt may he wants to jump the bridge
>Aunt May doesn't give a fuck and look after her 6 Shih Tzus
>Peter jumps the bridge
>Aunt May conscience is clean because she didn't have the hindsight
>>2135760
If you said 10 year old i can agree but not fucking 3. His head probably weights more than his whole body combined, he has little strength and balance which are necessary for climbing.

That's is actually a good point. The video doesn't show how the cage was protected.

No they shoudn't, that's just unrealistic. No zoo would be able to afford this many people.

When a kid says he wants to do something that will harm him you keep an on him, just because he might not do it doesn't mean he won't. You don't need to freak out if he says he wants to jump a bridge but you need to make sure he doesn't attempt to.

I said that the older the kids get the more lenient the parents can be towards them. You don't let a 1 year old go around but you let a 10 year old do whatever.

Yes, shit happens; when you let a kid run you know he might fall but you let them and watch them. Parents have to analyze the situation.

Hyperboles are fun.
>>
>>2135777
>If you said 10 year old i can agree
I can't.
>>
>>2135770
>if a kid wanders around it's 100% the parents fault.
Of course it is. If a kid does ANYTHING it is 100% the parents responsibility.
In the real world however accidents can and do happen. It doesn't change anything about the parents being responsible or at fault, it does however explain why these things happen. It's not always negligence anon, and not all accidents can be prevented. Failure to accept and understand this would imply you live in a fantasy world. Refusing to believe that no accidents or slip ups happened to you as a child would also imply this.
>>
>>2135779
>It's not always negligence anon, and not all accidents can be prevented
This accident could be prevented by holding the kid's hand.
Having your child falling in a cage is only one of the many "incidents" you should be aware of at the zoo, or in any crowded place.
>>
>>2135775
Nobody is comparing those two things anon, they are questioning an anon who apparently grew up in a bubble.
>>
>>2135781
I agree, this accident could have been prevented. I wasn't using this unfortunate situation as an example. My post was directed to another anon.
>>
>>2135782
>He didn't kill himself or his brothers, he must have grow up in a bubble
You know people can do a lot of shit, go outside, play sports and still never had a head trauma, broken bones, internal bleeding etc, right?

Every once in a while I went to my grandparents house, which is in a fucking forest and I spent there weeks (sometimes even months in summer) and never happened me shit more serious than some bruisings because my grandpa always had an eye on me, and for fuck sakes, he had a fucking wolf and an eagle as pets.
>>
>>2135782
I think there're two anons, anon.
>>
>>2135792
You really don't believe your situation is unusual? Kids get broken bones growing up, kids get lost or separated from parents sometimes. This is not unusual, and to say that if any of this happened then you must have shit parents is ridiculous.
>>
>black lives matter blame whites for the gorilla's death
Ok, what?
>>
>>2135805
Are you sure it's not /pol/ trying to start shit?
>>
>>2135807
Maybe
http://buzzpo.com/black-lives-matter-blames-white-privilege-shooting-death-gorilla/
>>
Well first of all natural selection and instincts and shit mean fuck all for humans these days. We have surpassed that state. We will be the dominate species for as long as the earth remains, unless we get wiped out by some planet destroying meteor.
>>
>>2135832
I dunno, I think is more probable an all out war or some biological agent either manmade or natural.
>>
>>2135598
I believe in having free range kids.

http://www.freerangekids.com/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/free-range-parents-cleared-in-second-neglect-case-after-children-walked-alone/2015/06/22/82283c24-188c-11e5-bd7f-4611a60dd8e5_story.html

Parents don't need to be as protective as people are claiming in this thread.

The zoo was at fault, they could have used their brains and tranquilized the child instead of the gorilla, so the kid stopped moving and possibly agitating the gorilla. Also they could have thrown a smoke grenade into the enclosure so the gorilla would be disoriented and couldn't see to harm the kid.

Also why don't they place the gorilla's in plastic enclosures with hole in them for people to see, they don't have shark tanks where kids are able to jump in freely and swim with the sharks.

Also zoos should start putting implants in all their animals's brains that carry two substance, one a neuro toxin that kills the animal should it get loose and two a sleep toxin that immeditaely puts the animal to sleep. Then they should have remote controls with two buttons one that releases the neurotoxin and one that releases the sleep toxin.

They could have easily pressed the sleep toxin button and all would be rightr.
>>
>>2135455
kid should have died... why are we stopping Darwinism its just weakening our gene pool
>>
>>2135646
Why would I save the life of someone I don't know over an animal that I have an extremely close bond and have lived with for over a decade? I care more about people/things close to me and preserving my happiness than the happiness of some random people I've never met
>>
A mod has been through here erasing posts. Really, guys? This topic too hot for you to handle? This is fucking 4chan. C'mon.
>>
>>2135968
Then the only person you care about is yourself.
>>
>>2135455
It's hardly a new thing an animal's life is valued over a human's. A king's deer was worth more than a pheasant's life. So did his horse's life.
>>
The whole thing is pretty sad, if only the gorilla was enraged or something, but no, it actually protected and cared for the kid, for god's sake it even pulled up the kid pants when he fell.
>>
>>2135481
Do you realise members of the same species ofen destroy the youngs of each other? If anything, it is strange to care for people unrelated to us, those who compete with us for males, females, resources.
>>
File: zoo stew.jpg (92KB, 700x428px) Image search: [Google]
zoo stew.jpg
92KB, 700x428px
What I'm most upset about is that good gorilla meat went to waste. They buried the body. This would have been a sin to our natives.

They should have filleted the gorilla and served it up in the zoo cafeteria and call it "mystery meat zoo stew". Never let good meat go to waste especially when they're starving people.

Or they could have taken the ape corpse and dumped it off on a soup kitchen to serve to the poor. Why let good meat go to waste?
>>
>>2136037
>starving people
>In America

Lmao
>>
>>2136037
Biggest, most retarded moralist itt.
>>
I think what it shows is how important it is to get ahead of spin in every situation.

I would hope that zoos have a plan to deal with direct animal/human interaction and the fact they had bullets and not just tranqs means there is a protocol and they didn't choose on a whim to drop the ape.
>>
>>2135455
>Are we to the point where an animal or an insect's life is equivalent to a human being?

You could ask why is a human's life more important than a gorilla's. Is it just because you are a human too? That's a rather selfish way to think of value. A life is a life, one shouldn't be "more life" than another.
>>
>>2136057
>That Gorilla could have killed the boy at any second!

>Literally no Gorilla has EVER killed a child in a Zoo
>Literally no Gorilla has EVER killed anyone, ever.

>No Gorilla has even ripped faces off like chimps

>Even horribly piss angry terrifying Gorillas are gentle enough that after they show off, they still don't touch you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umokxn3Vc38
>>
>>2136039

>being this naïve
>>
>>2135996

pheasants aren't human
>>
>>2136095
A shitty, mindless comment deserves an equally shitty response.
>>
>>2135455

>humans are all special snowflakes.

Seriously?

I'm pretty sure our entire human history we have had slaves. We still have slaves people living in shit so the rich can live good lives.

I fucking hate this hypocrisy where people pretend to like each other and respect human life. All of your fucking clothes are made in a sweatshop in china? Do you respect their lives?
Starving children?

Humans are no more special than any other animal, we're just some water and carbon. Gorillas are rare, they have an inherent value.
>>
>>2136099
>I fucking hate this hypocrisy where people pretend to like each other and respect human life. All of your fucking clothes are made in a sweatshop in china?
Out of curiosity, what would happen to the people in sweatshops if suddenly everyone stopped buying from them?
>>
>gorilla trapped in cage for 25 years while another species shouts and points at it

>one day gets shot in the face for trying to protect another species' baby from the people shouting and pointing

That is so fucked up. And let's be honest. Have you seen this kid and his parents? The father's criminal record, the mother cursing at the kid when he told her he was going over? This kid was not going to be missed at all. I'm not trying to edgy. It's just the truth. And everyone knows it. That gorilla had the adoration of more people than that kid ever would have.
>>
>>2136068
Read any philosopher besides that dope who all wants us to be vegans and live off of wheat, forget his name, think it starts with an S.

Also we have higher intellect and superior sentience and have achieved more therefore we are of more value, also read your Bible, we have a soul which makes us unique, Gorillas don't have souls.

God>Humans> other species
>>
>>2135455
My question is why don't they just make it so all visitors to the zoo have to wear gas masks, and have the place outfitted with vents that on moment's notice can release nerve gas in the air to stop any sort of animal rebellion, escapee or violent ape.
>>
>>2136113

>more value

To whom?

How can you give a value number when..and I really hate to say this, life has no value or purpose?

If we exclude religion and souls. We are exactly the same as every other animal, just a bunch of water and carbon. When we die, its over, nothing mattered.

Sure, if souls were real, we would have an immediate value, but they're not. There are 6 billion humans and we're overpopulated. If an alien species was taking care of the planet, they would have to cull humans to save the planet.
>>
File: 1455217090624.jpg (148KB, 987x700px) Image search: [Google]
1455217090624.jpg
148KB, 987x700px
>>2136113
>Gorillas don't have souls
>>
>>2136113
>we are of more value

Value declines when a resource becomes more abundant. When the resource becomes TOO abundant, the value goes negative and others are paid to remove it.

Humans passed that point around the 500 million mark. There is more of us than there will even need to be. And 95% of them are complete wastes of air. A natural disaster killing 4 or 5 billion people but leaving the infrastructure intact would be fantastic for both our civilization and the planet.
>>
>>2136117
>We are exactly the same as every other animal
Now we're not, we're smarter, capable of more and have achieved more, if are the mere universe observing itself then surely we are doing the best job at observing itself. A human life is worth millions more than animal as the potential it has in learning and discovering. Nature agrees with this assertion as she put us in supremacy over all animals.
>>
>>2136124
>we're smarter

That's debatable
>>
>>2136119
You never know which human will turn out to be the next Einstein, that little bot who fell into the ape cage could be the next Oppenheimer for all we know, human potential still beats out the animal.
>>
>>2136118
Tell me where in the bible it says God breathed life into Apes and made them in his image?

>>2136125
Source?

>>2135455
I say they just dig Harambe up, and either gut him and fill him with anamontronic parts or skin him and hire some guy to wear his king and walk around the age when the zoo is open and just lie to the public and say Harambe actually never died, so we can placate these animal PETA nuts and shut them up.
>>
>>2136117
>To whom?
To God and the universe. God/ the Universe gave us dominion over the animals. Nature itself prefers us even if we beat her like an abused spouse.
>>
>>2136117
Which was the last ape you knew of that could compose songs like Mozart? What was the last dolphin you knew who could write like F. Scott Fitzgerald? Who was the last rooster you knew who could theorize and do mathematics like Einstein?
>>
>>2136148
So writing a song is value? I'm pretty sure there are good odds that kid will not be the next Mozart.
>>
>>2135481
Have a reply
>>
>>2135455
Survival of the fittest
>>
>>2135455
>>
>>2136126
Actually, there is no chance a poor black boy will be the next Einstein. He could be smarter than Einstein and still have no chance.
>>
>>2135673
Usually they will provide some evidence
>>
>>2135455
I'm more upset that I can't pronounce hamaarabe
>>
File: 1464490309231.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1464490309231.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>a tranquilliser could've taken 3 minutes!
>zoo waits 10 minutes before shooting

Things that make you go hmmmmm
>>
>>2136362
The reason for the zookeepers abstaining from using a tranquilizer was because shooting the ape would likely cause him to panic and that would result in putting the child in further danger. Not to mention a tranq gun is not as accurate as a normal rifle (or whatever they used to shoot the gorilla).
>>
>>2136369
Sounds like a flimsy excuse too. He could have just as likely not panicked and hurt the kid.
>>
>>2136369
Do you have a valid source for any of those claims anon? :^)
>>
>>2136371
>>2136371
/k/ommando here. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that a metal projectile moving at a high velocity that's stabilized coming out of a rifled barrel is going to be more accurate than a dart moving significantly slower out of a smooth bore dart gun. Especially at distance.

If you're actually interested you can google smooth bore barrels vs rifled barrels and see why rifling helps.
>>
>>2136370
One would hope, but animals are unpredictable in a panic, born wild or raised in captivity.

>>2136371
The reason why tranq guns are said to have faulty accuracy is because the effect of the sedatives depend entirely if the subject was hit in the correct spot and the darts have low range.
>>
Anyone implying the zoo itself unnecessarily killed the gorilla is wrong.
Zookeepers are pretty much always deeply care about their animals. Tranquilizing a 400 pound animal right next to a child, where the best case scenario is it passing out and drowning isn't really a viable plan.
>>
>>2135612
check the parent's background, they're blacks and the father has a long history of being a criminal. I highly doubt that they are "good parents who just made a mistake"

Witnesses have said the little nigglet expressed his desire to join the gorilla in the enclosure, why didn't anyone seem to react to that until the nigglet got into the enclosure?
>>
>>2136382
>>2136389
>no source
>some rant about how maybe a tranquilliser isn't accurate at some distance
>doesn't refute that it took the zoo 10 minutes to shoot an endangered animal

Your mother's butthole could be rifled and it would be making a better argument than you are anon.

:^)
>>
>>2136407
Stupendous shitposting, anon.

Most of what I explained was paraphrased from an interview with one of the gorilla's keepers - 'Amanda O'Donoghue.'
>>
>>2136417
Ech, let me correct myself, the person in question had not been involved with working on this particular gorilla, but has years of experience in working with gorillas in the past.
>>
>>2136417
>asking for credible sources when faced with ridiculous claims is considered shitposting on /an/

:^)
>>
>>2136407
What exactly do you think would have happened if you knocked out a gorilla who was standing in water?
Even if the dart had 100% accuracy and worked instantly like in cartoons, it likely wouldn't have worked.
>>
>>2136431
>if a dart worked then it wouldn't have worked

Who is the real shitposter here?
>>
>>2136436
I'm going to take a wild guess and say he meant the gorilla drowning negates the use of the dart.
>>
>>2136439
>there's a chance the gorilla might die so it must be killed

No you're not shitposting at all.
>>
>>2136441
No, the kid might die when the 400lb animal falls on him.
>>
>>2136448
Who is the animal in this instance?
>>
>>2136441
Evacuating the child safely was the top priority of the zookeepers. Having the gorilla drown was merely hypothetical but would have been a possibility if things went sour.
>>
>>2135455
Why don't they just clone the damn gorilla so everyone will shutup already.
>>
>>2135455
This is why open carry should be allowed everywhere. The gorilla could have been taken down faster without having the child possibly being psychologically traumatized by having the beast pick it up.
>>
I'm fine with them shooting the gorilla, I'm just not sure if they responded fast enough or if the fences ought not have been higher. I'm fine with their response, I just think they should have more efficient responses. The gorilla shouldn't have even been allowed to get near the child.
>>
>>2136499
>if the fences ought not have been higher
seems like an electric fence inside the first fence would've stopped the brat cold.
>>
>>2136499
More like the child shouldn't have been allowed to get near the gorilla.
>>
>>2136496
>a bunch of rednecks shooting at the gorilla hoping they miss the child completely

Seems like you have the world all figured out anon.
>>
Fair weather Animal rights activists and peta retards who flock to this board when something like this happens.
Endangered animals are killed everyday for stupider reasons but that does not get them enough likes on facebook.
>>
>>2135665
So what? Obviously the gorilla was not out to hurt the child, it was just inspecting him and got confused/excited when people began shouting. But what it was doing could easily have fatally injured him if his head had hit a stone or bump under the water while being dragged at that speed.

You can't take chances with tranquilizers, the gorilla could smash the kid against the stone wall in a moment of anger or anxiety. Though the zoo needs a serious security update, or to be shut down. How was that child able to get in the enclosure?!
>>
>>2135474
>>2135485
>>2135510
There's nothing 'edgy' about not holding every life as sacred. There's almost, or already 7 billion people in this world and a very large percent are living in filth in terrible living conditions. If you hold human life so sacred that you tell someone to kill themselves when they don't feel the same, then how about you do something to help every single precious life that needs help instead of debating about a gorilla.

Despite what you want to believe, we are animals too. We have the intelligence to create tools that put us on the top on the world, but that didn't change us from mere animals. If a plague wiped out half of the world, we would still carry on and multiply back to where we were in a few generations. There's nothing overly special about us aside that we became very good at surviving. So good in fact that we can lounge around all day debating about the morality of other species worth of life.
>>
If anyone's interested, I looked into this a lot, and here's what I came up with on this situation based on witnesses and gorilla experts:

1) Harambe was not protecting the child. He was behaving dominantly, and erratically due to the excitement.
2) Gorilla handlers do not interact with the gorillas directly, only through a fence. That's why none of them could go in and calm him down.
3) They tried calling Harambe out of the exhibit first. All of the gorillas except Harambe came in.
4) The mother had many children with her, not all of them hers, and was soothing another child that had began to cry when Isaiah slipped his hand out of her pocket and ran away from her.
5) Aside from dragging the child, the gorilla also at one point tossed the child violently, according to a witness.
6) Harambe's handler that knew him from birth believes that the child was in danger, and the zoo did the right thing in shooting him.
7) The zoo meets regulation, however, the regulations are in regards to the animal's comfort and safety, not visitors.
8) Some experts are now criticizing the enclosure itself, saying that the construction amplifies sound and might've added to the gorilla's stress when visitors began screaming.
9) Witnesses were cleared away before Harambe was shot, so the entire thing is not on the video.

If anyone has anything to add or correct, go on ahead. This is just the situation as I understand it based on witness accounts and expert opinions.
>>
Humanity in general hasn't had to face natural selection in a LONG time. This was a problem entirely caused by inattentive parenting, and it should have been the parents, not the gorilla, to suffer for it. I've been saying it for years: parenting is a dead art form. If you can't pay enough attention to your offspring to realize they're climbing through the fence of a wild animal enclosure, you don't deserve to have kids.
>>
>>2136682
>How was that child able to get in the enclosure?!
Because they are designed to keep the animals in (Which is why so many are designed as pits). As humans are expected to be smart enough not to climb into the exhibit. It's like how a lot of displays in museums are protected by pretty cushioned fabric rope It's expected that people won't go over it and knock down the statue or whatever. If someone is retarded enough to do so, they will be expected to pay for damages and processed within the law.
>>
>>2136704
>4) The mother had many children with her, not all of them hers, and was soothing another child that had began to cry when Isaiah slipped his hand out of her pocket and ran away from her.
So she took on more responsibility than she could handle and it blew up in her face? Shocking.
>>
>>2136704
I caught an interview with the lady that shot the main video that keeps getting plaid. According to her, she wasn't filming when the gorilla roughly handled the kid. This was outside of the water, probably when they were being evacuated. She made it sound like it was pretty rough to watch.
>>
>>2135495
Overpopulation isn't the fucking problem it's food and wealth gaps. You can take the entire human race and cram them into an area the size of Los Angeles.
>>
The mother is the responsible party. I don't blame the zoo, the gorilla, or even the child. It is entirely the mother's fault. She should be held legally responsible and face the same punishment as if she poached a gorilla in the wild
>>
>>2136766
Yeah, but what makes it a huge problem is that the large quantity of humans are producing an abundance of waste.
>>
>>2136706
The difference between an art piece and wild animal is that the result of the latter in case of human stupidity can be the death of said stupid human. Zoos are advertised towards children, most people's reason for going to the zoo are to take their children, so the enclosures with dangerous animals should be idiot/child proof, or it should at least be impossible for a fucking 4 year old to walk straight into a gorilla pit, whether his parents were paying attention or not.

In the end the mom is at fault though, because she evidently KNEW her son wanted to go in there and didn't do squat.
>>
>>2136126

Everything that Einstein came up with, someone else would have eventually come up with at some point. Everything ever invented in the vast history of our planet, was bound to be invented sooner or later.

The only reason people remember the names of inventors is because they won the race. It's not that they did something no one else could have.
>>
>>2136496
>beast

Wow, discrimination much? It was a living creature and by all accounts was very gentle. Plus the kid is so young he probably won't have any memory of this incident anyway. I can't remember a damn thing from when I was 4.
>>
>>2136828
>gentle

"He threw him ten feet in the air, and I saw him land on his back."
>>
>>2136835
Gentle for an animal that could rip his head off in one pull if it wanted to.
>>
>>2136837
>"He threw him ten feet in the air"

Not really all that gentle. That's like saying a human child is being gentle when he squeezes a hamster to death. It might not be malicious, but it sure as hell isn't gentle.
>>
>>2136839
Agreed. The gorilla's handlers say he wasn't being protective or gentle, but acting excited and dominant. It probably saw the kid as an interesting toy.
>>
>>2136779
The vast majority of majority of wild animals in a zoo can be considered dangerous. Most parrots are capable of biting a finger off if they wanted but they're not going to put them in glass enclosures like they do the venomous snakes just to keep window-lickers from climbing over the gates and hedges to jam their fingers between the bars. Chuck E. Cheese is for children too but that doesn't mean they should be responsible if some kid climbs up on the stage and gets electrocuted or hurt fucking around with the robots. Museums cater to kids too, they shouldn't need to put up a tall glass barrier around all the dinosaur skeletons.

People need to start taking responsibility for their own fucking kids. I'm so sick of people acting like they're entitled to burden everyone else with their fucking spawn.
>>
>>2136835
He was gentle the other 99.9% of this life when he wasn't stressed from having 200 people screaming at him.
>>
>>2136843
>The gorilla's handlers say he wasn't being protective or gentle

Is that like when a cop says a person was acting defiant and hostile? He reached for his wallet in a threatening manner, right?

Think about that for a minute before you use a quote from the team that shot the fucking gorilla. Christ.
>>
>>2136875
It was his handlers saying that, Anon, people who took care of him every day. Not a random person that never saw him. I don't doubt they knew him better than you.
>>
>>2136875
The gorilla's handlers didn't shoot him, just evaluated the situation, based on their vast experience with gorillas and knowledge of their body language. Do you think they wanted the endangered gorilla, that they spent a lot of their time with, dead? Like they just dusted their hands and said, "Whatever, Harambe can suck my dick, he a shit-ass."
>>
I don't like primates and even I don't think he should've been shot. The mother should reimburse the zoo the full amount for whatever a gorilla is worth so they can try to get another in and breed to replace the loss. She should also face criminal charges for negligence and child endangerment.
>>
File: I didn't have no monkey paw.jpg (669KB, 2000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
I didn't have no monkey paw.jpg
669KB, 2000x1400px
>>2135455
What I don't understand is why didn't they skin the gorilla and sell its fur as a rare coat, and cut off it's hands and sell them as "monkey paws" in the gift shop the recuperate the cost of losing the gorilla.

Do you know how much people would pay for authentic "monkey paws" especially given that stupid tale that they grant wishes, and how much some lady would pay for a gorilla fur coat?

Why the fuck did they bury him for the insects to eat? What a waste. People are morons.
>>
>>2136883
It's probably illegal to sell gorilla parts, even for reasons like this.
>>
>>2136883
>People are morons
After reading your post, I couldn't agree more.
>>
>>2136879
>>2136881

You're right. After all, other members of a police department wouldn't possibly defend a policeman who made a bad call, and they certainly wouldn't say anything they could to reflect the public's negative opinion of them. Right?

That is why I said "team."
>>
>>2136882
I don't think getting distracted for a second by another child qualifies as negligence. Any reasonable person could be distracted by that for a short period of time. Negligence would be something along the lines of her dangling the child over the gorilla pit, or letting the child run around the zoo unsupervised.

The mother has been receiving donations from sympathizers, apparently, and has asked instead for all donations to go to the Cincinnati Zoo. So it seems like she is hoping to get them money in some way or another after their loss.

I don't think she's a bad parent, parents get distracted sometimes and kids get away. Shit, I used to run from my parents the second their backs were turned no matter how much I was scolded, they almost bought a leash for me. I just think she took on more than she could handle when she took a gaggle of kids to the zoo. She needed another parent with her to help chaperone the trip.

Or a leash. I wish child leashes weren't so frowned-upon, you get nasty looks and comments if you use them.
>>
>>2136885
What's wrong with making cash off of something that's already dead?
>>
>>2136884
>>2136884
Well I know it's illegal to poach and sell animals or their parts but what about animals that weren't poached and died of natural causes or had to be put down in circumstances like this? I see no moral problem in that.
>>
>>2136887
You're right, the people who benefitted the most from the gorilla being alive just really didn't care whether the ape lived or died, and are just covering their asses after a bad decision. You have it all figured out, man. It's not as if the gorilla is highly valuable to the zoo, and in turn their job security.
>>
>>2136891
The idea is that people will start killing animals and claiming that they were already dead, so it's better to just not allow it at all.
>>
>>2136892
I don't see a moral problem with it either but the law ignores morals. I think the logic is it would open the gates for people want more gorilla skins and they would look to poachers to get them. Better to just not let anyone have them and get a taste for it.
>>
>>2136887
Shooting the gorilla was the right call. He might not have injured the kid and eventually gotten bored, but he might also have smashed the kid's brains all over the enclosure, and he would need no less than a second to do it.
>>
>>2136890
>I don't think getting distracted for a second by another child qualifies as negligence.

People without kids don't get it. It's a challenge just trying to watch a kid and checkout at the grocer at the same time. You can either do 1 with full attention, or half-ass both. If something NEEDS your full attention, like a debate over a coupon, you can write that kid off because they'll be on their own for a bit and you'll find them later 3 aisles down with a hand full of candy bars and wiping their moth on some stranger's leg.

Kids have their own advanced minds and don't just follow you around like a dog. Their curiosity, speed, and impatience is terrifying. Having 4 of them and being fat, slow, careless, and uneducated (like that woman) - those kids don't stand a chance.
>>
I wish they would let the kid stay there so we can exhibit niggers and their lack of intelligence .
>>
>>2136828
>he probably won't have any memory of this incident anyway. I can't remember a damn thing from when I was 4.
It's true you won't be able to remember much from being toddler, but a traumatic experience is one of those things that can stick with you into adulthood.

When I was 4 a big picture frame fell down and slashed my left eye and cheek open. I can clearly remember the interior of the room, the guy who owned the place and my mom screaming while we were driving to the hospital in the taxi.

Didn't traumatize me for life or anything, and neither will this kid for being picked up by a gorilla, but he probably won't forget it.
>>
>>2136904
See:
>>2136705
>parenting is a dead art form
Just because you can't be bothered to discipline your little shits doesn't mean it's impossible. This is another life, this is your offspring. Nothing NEEDS your attention more than they do. If that means it takes you a minute longer to argue with a cashier then so be it. If that means you don't argue and just forget the coupon, so be it. Your children are more important. My sister and I never got away and ran all over the place like you see kids do these days because we had a mother that paid attention. This is entirely the mother's fault, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
>>
>>2136904
>It's a challenge just trying to watch a kid and checkout at the grocer at the same time.

Then if you can't handle it don't have kids, simple solution. Obviously this woman bit off more than she could chew and needs to pay the price for her screw up. If she was not paying attention enough for a kid to bypass all the security measures and break into a gorilla enclosure then she is unfit to be a parent at the very least, or on drugs which I wouldn't doubt either.
>>
>>2136910
Something you're not taking into account is that people retelling things enough time could be enough to re-implant a false memory in your brain, after you yourself forgot.
>>
>>2136904
I was one of those kids that was fast and easily distracted. Parents checking out at a store? I was suddenly two stores over looking at a plush I had seen in the window. Hike through the woods? If I saw a rustle in the bushes, I ran toward it to see what it was. And god help them, I was a nightmare around water. I couldn't swim, but I was drawn to it like a fly to horseshit, and would jump into any body of water I saw without hesitation or floaties.

They watched me, they chased after me, but sometimes I just got away from them. Now that I have a kid of my own, I'm terrified that he's going to be as bad as I was. He already shows no fear of anything. He can't walk, but he can climb. He moves fast. I know that when he learns to walk, I'm going to be chasing him down all over the place. I'm already eyeing child safety leashes, just in case.
>>
>>2136925
Sounds like you had really lax or careless parents. As a kid I knew to keep my eyes on my parents all the time because if I didn't there would be hell to pay. I didn't dare wander off.
>>
>>2136927
They're not lax, I spent probably a third of my childhood in some punishment or another. I was just headstrong and very, very easily distracted. I never intentionally disrespected them, I was just one of those kids that could see a squirrel in the road and forget what I was supposed to be doing. Honestly, if it weren't for them, I'd be dead. They've tugged me out of the way of moving cars and charging horses. But again, sometimes I just managed to get away from them.
>>
>>2136927

You and like 5 other posts from above are all from people that either don't have kids, or have the rare angel-child. Me? My kid is 12 years old with special needs. He is 5' tall, 100lbs, as physically capable as any other 12 year old, with the mental capacity of a 3 year old and blind, and deaf. Go fuck yourself if you think you can tell me about parenting being easy. Not all kids are the same. Most are very, very not easy.

This kid from this case? Do you realize how unpredictable a 4 year old is? They don't have the ability to plan on reason. They don't have a personality to lean on for behavior prediction. Only whims. They do whatever the fuck they want, and they do it with lightning speed.

I await the dozen replies from people without kids or the 13 year olds claiming to have them to try and leverage their skewed views. Again.
>>
>>2136938
Easy there tough guy. No one said it was easy, but if a mother can't focus enough to keep her kid from breaking into a wild animal's enclosure she's a shitty mother.
>>
>>2136883
I would have been nice for his body to be used, but I'm sure some of the stuff you listed is illegal.
>>
>>2137037
I hope they at least saved a blood sample so if cloning is ever a thing in the future they can bring him back.
>>
>>2135455
Because the boy was a nigger, wnich is essentially a gorilla in and of itself. He was also a retard who was trying to get himself killed, so by shooting Harambe they killed the innocent gorilla instead of the retarded one causing the problem to start with.
>>
>>2136927

>hell to pay
>if you weren't abused your parents were lax
>>
>>2135481
>above your own
The kid was a nog
>>
>>2137482
Parents are not tough enough with their kids these days. This is a fact.
>>
>>2136927
>As a kid I knew to keep my eyes on my parents all the time because if I didn't there would be hell to pay. I didn't dare wander off.

As a child, you can't remember any moments where you were out of your parents' eyesight? You stayed in their full view 24/7?
>>
>>2137749

Not him, but I get his point.

No of course we wandered off, but the point is that I wouldn't go and do something fucking stupid because my mum would tell me off later.

Go to a supermarket and watch parents with their kids. There is a huge fucking difference between the behaviours of kids with good parents and those with shit..

Last fucking week, I watched a kid run down all the aisles knocking all the boxes over, whilst the mum just stood there having a conversation with another person. She then saw what her kid was doing and didn't give the slightest fuck, just laughed at it.
>>
>>2137762
Go to a supermarket? Try working in one. I did. My worst customer ever was an asshole with a young boy. The kid had an empty water bottle that he was tossing around and then running after to pick up and throw again. Dad doesn't give a shit about the kid running all over. But then the dad calls the kid over, and the kid just drops the bottle where he's standing and runs over. I pick it up and walk over to the dad, hand it out, and say "Excuse me, but your son dropped this." I wasn't being aggressive or accusatory, but his response was "It isn't mine." I replied with "Well your son was throwing it around." and he ended the conversation with a flat "I don't care." Not only did he not care that his kid was causing trouble for other people, he was so upset by my implied suggestion that he do some actual fucking parenting that he went up front, demanded to speak to a manager, and lied to them I was cussing him out in the aisles. Working there was what solidified my opinion that parenting is a dead art.

I have no doubt that this was just another case of the mother being there in body, but not in mind.
>>
>>2137762
>>2138029
this is going to sound really weird, but not every parent wants their kids to stand still and do nothing all the time out of fear of punishment.

This isn't "good" or "bad" parenting, it's just not what you were raised with.

and considering how you turned out perhaps you were raised all wrong. Many parents would certainly think so.
>>
>>2138031
No one's saying that the kid has to stand still and do nothing all the time. A responsible parent would realize that there's a time and place to let a kid loose. A supermarket or a crowded zoo are not one of those places. Letting your kids run wild in places like that IS bad parenting and leads to, at best, upsetting the other people around you. At worst? Dead gorillas and/or dead kids. Fuck, I saw a kid turn and bolt away from the parents outside of walmart today. I had to slam on the brakes because she ran right in front of me. The parents weren't paying attention and couldn't stop her. If I had been even the slightest bit distracted, the little niglet would have been street pizza.
>>
>>2138044
>A responsible parent would realize that there's a time and place to let a kid loose.
I'm sure they do.

you just don't agree with their judgment of when and where that is.

and that's your right. You're allowed to think those are bad parents and they're allowed to ignore you. But since you don't have kids and presumably never will, what you think doesn't matter and your parents objectively failed in raising you. You're an evolutionary dead end. The "bad" parents are the future since the "good" ones can't get laid.
>>
>>2138046
So you're saying that there's absolutely no problem with parents letting their children loose to irritate other people, hurt themselves, and get majestic animals shot. Got it. With that in mind, I'd say your parents are the ones who failed. You're right on one thing though, I don't have kids. That's a deliberate move on my part, not a lack of opportunity, one that takes into consideration the fact that I don't think I have enough stability and am not ready to dedicate my life to raising them yet. I like how you assume I'm the failure here because I have the sense not to breed just for the sake of being physically able.

But, seeing as how your argument has devolved into "LOL YOU CANT GET LAID NERD", I'm going to go ahead and assume you have no more valid points to make.
>>
>>2138049
>you assume I'm the failure here because I have the sense not to breed just for the sake of being physically able.
I'm saying from an evolutionary perspective your parents failed. Most "good" parents did.

Which is the better reproductive strategy, having 15 kids and not worrying if one of them dies, or having 0 kids and taking really good imaginary care of them?

I'm just saying your ideology is dying out literally because people like you don't reproduce. Your parents failed at raising a kid that will raise kids. It doesn't matter if you're personally successful or happy, your ideas on parenting will die with you.

even if it's just because everyone including you knows you can't meet your own bar as a "good" parent.
>>
>>2137741

abuse causes longterm damage, this is fact
>>
>>2138075
>dicipline
>abuse
I remember when these were two separate things. There is nothing wrong with teaching children structure and boundaries through dicipline. Maybe if more kids were taught about consequences and repurcussions we wouldn't have to explain to people how important it is to keep control of your children in potentially dangerous situations.
>>
Kids will be kids, Black parents will be irresponsible kek and gorillaz willl be shot.
>>
>muh "all human lives matter"
You're an idiot, there's 7 billion people on Earth and the vast majority of them are totally worthless. By contrast, there are many rare animals that ought to be preserved.

Wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice the entirety of Angola to save Siberian tigers from extinction, to be honest.
>>
>>2136126
>little bot who fell into the ape cage could be the next Oppenheimer for all we know
lol, no he couldn't, he was black
>>
>>2138123

implying there's fear involved and hell to play makes it sound like it was more abuse than discipline and you've twisted it in your head into something that's acceptable, kids listening because they're terrified and afraid if they don't isn't the right way to take care of a child

sure you shouldn't let them do anything they want, but fear of you and doing something is detrimental to their well being longterm, and destroys the relationship you can have with them as they get older

try reading about childhood development before you pretend to be an authority
>>
>>2138142
>By contrast, there are many rare animals that ought to be preserved.
In what way is a gorilla useful?
>>
>>2138044
This is exactly why I'm going to buy a dash cam very soon. So when an accident does occur I can point to the video and show there was no time to react or it was the other person's fault. I suggest everyone here do the same. Film your driving all the time for your own safety or you could end up in prison.
>>
>>2138075
>>2138123
I got my ass paddled if I fucked up and went on to be a straight A student, unlike a lot of the losers and dropouts who turned to drugs instead of studying because they probably got no discipline.
>>
>>2138208

plenty of people who aren't hit are well off now, and plenty of people who were aren't you being successful doesn't make hitting a child ok or mean that's the best form of discipline

plenty of drug abusers have come from families where they were punished the same way you were, they're not in a bad position as adults because they weren't hit enough as a child

there is a ton of research that clearly states all the reasons why hitting a child is damaging, for one thing it frequently creates more abusers who think that physical punishment is a substitute for intelligent discussion and learning

fear is not respect
>>
>>2135455
>>2135455
>>2135461
>>2135461
Why the fuck should I care about a child's life more than a gorillas?
People irritate me, most animals do not. We have plenty of fucking useless children around - we have far fewer gorillas.

And don't give me that "It goes against nature / natural selection" bullshit. There is literally no link between morals and natural selection.
>>
>>2138226

why should we care about gorillas? they would die out if left to their own devices so they're not very good at staying alive on their own, so why get butthurt when we need to kill one that's only alive because we protected it until it needed to be shot
>>
>>2138235
Gorillas are majestic creatures whose existence makes the world more interesting. They are also peaceful as long as you leave them alone.

On the other hand, niggers go out of their way to hurt people, so really, shooting the niglet would have been the most utilitarian course of action.
>>
>>2138235

This guy gets it >>2138243
I enjoy a world with one more gorilla in it more than I do with yet another useless brat.

>>2138142
>>2137311
>>2136942
>>2136687
>>2136119
And basically all this.
>>
>>2135455
I would like to take this moment to point out that insects are animals.
>>
>>2138243

gorillas don't make the world more anything, they're useless and incapable of surviving on their own, their existence only matters to autists who are obsessed with them and animal rights activists when the chance to complain about them comes up
>>
ITT: Both parties accuse each other of being SJWs. Team Harambe accuses Team Humans of being SJWs for caring about a racified child, while Team Humans accuses Team Harambe for being SJWs for caring about a non-human animal.

At the same time, both parties accuse each other of being edgy. Team Harambe accuses Team Humans of being edgy because they don't care enough about a popular animal, while team Humans accuses Team Harambe of being edgy because of their misanthropy.

Can't we just agree that all great ape lives are precious, and that the zoo would have a tragedy at their hands no matter what they did?
>>
>>2138235
They would actually be fine if left to their own devices though - they're only endangered because of dumb Africans giving them Ebola, poaching them for bushmeat, and a Chinese stranglehold on Africa's logging industry and their ancient hardwood reserves. Blacks on the other hand would quite literally still be living in leaf huts, eating each other and struggling to invent Stone Age tools if they'd been left alone (see: African pygmies, Sentinelese, Papuans/New Guineans, all are many thousands of years behind the rest of us)
>>
>>2138306

in other words they can't survive because they're incapable of living in the world the way it is, rather than an idealized world where those things aren't reality

so they aren't fine on their own, if people didn't protect them from people they'd be fucked and they have no way of dealing without humans

they also serve no important purpose so who cares? guaranteed most of the people who are going on and on about how sad they are about this one gorilla who isn't even the last of his kind don't actually spend any of their time thinking about gorillas unless they're brought to their attention

something happens and a gorilla is involved then suddenly everyone is a gorilla expert who cares so much, meanwhile the other 99% of the time no one cares or spends any time learning about them

whether or not you care about the kid bullshit that most of you care that much about gorillas
>>
>>2138287
>incapable of surviving on their own
They are fully capable of surviving on their own. They aren't pandas or tortoises who lost the knowledge to fuck each other, without humans fucking them over for no reason they'd be fine
>>
>>2138332
Why don't you just kill yourself, because clearly there's no reason for anything to live or exist
>>
>>2138371

not good enough to avoid becoming endangered
>>
File: 7ef.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7ef.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
There's about 700 of these Gorilla's alive

There's millions of kids.
>>
>>2138375

ok
>>
>>2138219
You don't beat them until they fear you. You hit them on their ass (which doesn't even hurt) so they know they fucked up and won't do it again. No one's saying you should pistol whip your kid.
>>
>>2138446

that doesn't teach kids anything, but it does make them more aggressive, there have been studies that have shown it's damaging even to that extent

and there's no way you're the person who used the phrase "hell to pay"
>>
>>2135455
He dindu nuthin, h was good ape.
>>
>>2138478
It does teach them what they did was wrong and not to do it again. I don't know where you're getting this fear/aggressive thing from. People have spanked their kids for centuries and everyone did fine.
>>
>>2138493

there are other ways to teach a child something is wrong without using physical discipline, physical discipline doesn't work on every child and doesn't stop repeated behavior, people doing something for a long time doesn't make it ok, what's your definition of fine? many people are on antidepressents and have severe issues, also like i've said repeatedly there are studies that clearly show physical punishment doesn't teach kids anything and is just damaging
>>
>>2138509
Your face is damaging.

But seriously, children don't have the mental capacity to logic this shit out, to think and act like rational human beings. They won't have that capacity for over a decade. So how do you get them to stop misbehaving, if not by giving them a reason that even they can understand? I'm not advocating beating your kids. I'm not saying it's the only response. I'm saying that using pain, along with removing toys and privileges, is an effective deterrent depending on the severity of the offense.
>>
File: 1452138564477.jpg (68KB, 711x669px) Image search: [Google]
1452138564477.jpg
68KB, 711x669px
>>2135455
ISIS would have only been a threat to sand niggers if it wasn't our dumb ass fault for meddling. Also, yeah, I could see lengths to shoot the gorilla. It's a small child for fucks sake, what, you gonna wave a stick at the gorialla while you take the kid away or something? Or trty to tranq it when that could take 30 minutes to an hour? Sad that the grilla was killed, it really is, but no your right, the kid was more important. But how the fuck did he get in? Did he jump? Why? It's just another reason for me to hate kids. If I was his dad, i'd fuck with him all the time. "Hey billy, wanna go to the zoo and see the gorill- oh wait, I forgot."
>>
>>2138698

but seriously, spanking doesn't work and if you read on the subject you can see all the reasons why aside from the obvious you're teaching a child that inflicting physical pain when something is bad is the way to handle a situation and it isn't

you're also breaking a level of trust, and it doesn't even stop negative behavior in most cases

you're just wrong about this, and no amount of insisting makes inflicting physical pain on a child because they did something you don't like ok not when there's tons of evidence that says otherwise in the form of people who have done research rather than people who have been hit and therefore see no problem continuing the cycle of hitting children instead of finding an appropriate response to ending negative behavior because it's been ingrained in them that physical pain is how you deal with things you don't like when they were the child getting hit
>>
File: are you serious.jpg (31KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
are you serious.jpg
31KB, 620x620px
>ITT: pretentious pseudo-philosophers with no human friends think they're in a place to decide whether a human being is lower than some animal or not.
>>
>>2138881

ironically spanking can cause antisocial and misanthropic behavior
>>
>>2135493

What the hell? D&D is awesome you asswipe. But yeah I agree with the general sentiment of your stance.
>>
>>2135455
You're equating the shooting of Harambe with the self-defense of a human in the fucking jungle where they might have to defend themselves against aggressive and dangerous animals to survive.

Harambe is in the zoo to be admired, protected, and cared for. He died because some shit parent let their parent wander off into the exhibit, leaving the zoo staff no choice but to drop Harambe so they could be 100% sure that the kid would be unharmed.
>>
>>2139023
fuck

I mean some parent let their *kid wander off, not their parent
>>
>>2135801
uh, no. I have two older brothers who did contact sports, and we were all pretty active and grew up in the god damn woods pretty much. no broken bones, concussions, or anything more than a couple scratches or bruises really. I only had a serious injury after I grew up and took a highly labor intensive job

maybe you did just have shitty parents
>>
>>2139033
>no broken bones, concussions, or anything more than a couple scratches or bruises really.
Maybe karma is a bitch and you will die a slow, painful death from asshole cancer
>>
>>2139036
or maybe you're just a triggered little bitch who's defending a shit parent because their own parents were shit
>>
I'd agree, but they dropped a gorilla to save a niglet.
Before all the sjw's get on my case, I'm not even white. No one likes niggers, not even niggers
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 600x442px
>>
>>2139076
it's funny because the kid is black.
>>
I'm a fucking vegan and this shit pisses me off.
Killing animals for no reason better than "m-muh bacon" is fucked up, but when it comes down to ape vs. child, save the human, obviously.
>>
>>2135455
I like niggers.
>>
>>2135801
I never had broken bones either, but I wasn't as active to be honest.
>>
>>2139076
Black people really have reduced cerebral capacity, don't they? It's like they don't even comprehend that gorillas are endangered due to humans in Africa. You know, his fellow blacks
>>
>>2136904
Debating a coupon is a form of social cancer. All the information is on the fucking coupon. Only an illiterate fuck or an idiot needs to have the cashier explain it to them. There's no excuse for that shit 99% of the time. The 1% is vauge shit that sometimes gets slapped on them, but again, that's not what gets whined about the overgrown toddlers that bring it up.
I work retail if that wasn't clear
If anyone here, God forbid, has ever tried to bitch to get an expired coupon or an unrelated coupon approved because muh 5 dollars, crack a pool cue over your own head until one of them breaks.
>>
>>2139584
Dumb people come in all colors.
>>
File: ape army.jpg (75KB, 900x400px) Image search: [Google]
ape army.jpg
75KB, 900x400px
the only mistake that was made by anyone here was putting the apes in an exhibit and not a gas chamber
>>
>>2138049
>But, seeing as how your argument has devolved into "LOL YOU CANT GET LAID NERD", I'm going to go ahead and assume you have no more valid points to make.
Bars
>>
>>2138493
>People have spanked their kids for centuries and everyone did fine.
>everyone did fine
Human history disagrees with you vehemently.
>>
>>2139594
Crows come in different colours too, but most of them are black
>>
>>2135455
adjusting for inflation, gorillas of any kind are worth far more than human children.

Fuck, human children are practically a pest species at the rate they're getting churned out.
>>
>>2139675
on a per/dollar basis the gorilla is much cheaper to kill than any human.

but even if it cost more than a single person the zoo would lose all revenue by letting the kid die. People aren't likely to attend a zoo that sometimes feeds its less cautious visitors to the animals.
>>
>>2139678
irrelevant, the gorilla in this instance was killed for free
>>
>>2139679
oh it cost money. The gorilla wasn't acquired and raised for free.

The kid would undoubtedly cost more though. The average lawsuit settlement over an accidental death in the US is currently around 3 million. That's just the average though. That kid would've been a jackpot for his parents if he died.
>>
>>2139682
>The average lawsuit settlement over an accidental death in the US is currently around 3 million
that's ridiculous, no child should be worth that much
we should go by china's standard, there.
>>
>>2139685
kids are worth a lot more than the 3 million average. I wouldn't be surprised to see a settlement well over 10 million in a case like this. It's likely the parents will get at least a million dollars out of it even though the kid lived.
>we should go by china's standard
perhaps, but zoos don't make financial decisions regarding life or death based on what anonymous kids on 4chan think should happen.
>>
>>2139685
>China standard
Are you talking about
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2015/09/why_drivers_in_china_intentionally_kill_the_pedestrians_they_hit_china_s.html
>>
>>2138395
Do you know what poaching and habitat destruction are?
>>
>>2135455
Those saying close all zoos are fools. Those who can't see the tragedy in the situation are fools. Mankind is wildlifes steward and it is a shame a gorilla had to be killed to fix anothers mistake.

Nonserious response.
My guess would be gorillas are pretty close to nignogs and tumblr and the media is already conditioned to protect them every time they get shot for good reasons.
>>
>>2139886

that was part of why i'm saying they wouldn't survive dipshit
>>
If only Hammurabi had a gun, he would have been able to defend himself.
>>
>>2138287
>they're useless
They contribute to human society by being interesting and drawing money in a legitimate manner, things that niglet most likely won't do.
>>
>>2140016

only autists find them all that interesting, most autists don't have money to spend on gorillas they're busy buying anime figures
>>
>>2140142
>this lazy damage control
Sounds like you're jealous of gorillas. What's wrong, upset they're objectively worth more than you? That they make people happy and want to pay to see them or dedicate their lives to studying and caring for them, while people can't stand to be in your presence for more than five seconds unless they're being paid to?
>>
>>2135485
I am living a life of chastity, I will never reproduce. Thus I am not contributing to the greatest threat the Earth is currently facing: overpopulation of the human species.

Therefor...

>>2135495

Damn it anon, you beat me to it!
>>
>>2135615
>implying a gorilla can pick a human child up, stand on two legs, walk on two legs with the child in it's arms, and calmly hand the child back over a 20 foot wall to it's mother.

Considering the circumstances, that gorilla was a more responsible parent to that child in the last moments of his life than the mother was in her entire life.
>>
>>2135735
I am one of 8 children, all raised by a single working class mother who fed and clothed us all while on minimum wage her entire life.

If a single mother can keep an eye on 8 fucking children while at a zoo without any of us almost getting ourselves killed, then you bet your white knight faggot ass that a mom all on her own can keep an eye of 4 kids without any of them almost dying. ESPECIALLY if one of those children flat out tells the mother that he wants to climb into the gorilla enclosure.

My mother would have smacked me upside the head and then kept her hand clamped to the back of the shirt collar for the rest of the trip if I had tried to pull a stunt like that.

And in case you don't believe me over just how much at fault the mother is, then why don't you actually read the fucking news article about it? There are eye witnesses who over heard the child telling his mother exactly what he was going to do. And she still let him wander off and get into the gorilla enclosure.
>>
>>2139584
The best part is that he, a black man, is outright comparing his race to that of the gorillas. He himself is lowering his own ethnicity to the same tier as a species of animals that live in fucking zoos.
>>
>>2138226
If you don't care, that's fine. But expecting humanity in general to care more about an animal's life than a human's is asinine. You wouldn't expect a gorilla to prioritize a human baby over its own young would you? Why the FUCK should we?
>>
>>2140165

stupid statements get lazy responses

i've never met anyone who goes to the zoo to look at gorillas, and most people past elementary school age without children don't go to the zoo because most people don't care that much and even when they do it's not about going to see gorillas

the rest of what you said just isn't true, are you projecting?

>>2140213

considering one incident to judge a person's entire life by is idiotic, extreme, illogical thinking and a terrible argument

>>2140223

>my circumstances are everyone's
> my mother is an example of good parenting even though she would hit me in public

just because your mother kept her litter of children in line at the zoo doesn't mean she was a good parent, she's raised at least one idiot
>>
>>2140236
Well apparently, a gorilla DID prioritize a human child's life over his own children. If he hadn't of, he would have returned inside with the rest of the gorillas when called.

But no, he stayed outside to watch over the kid, even helping him to stand and then later removing him from very deep water that he easily could have drowned in. And for that he payed the ultimate price.
>>
>>2135455
Because humans are autistic and are the only ones who care enough about other animals
>>
File: 1451521846668.jpg (12KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
1451521846668.jpg
12KB, 210x210px
>>2140306
>But no, he stayed outside to watch over the kid, even helping him to stand and then later removing him from very deep water that he easily could have drowned in
I guess the part that wasn't on the video where he violently grabbed the kid and flung him around can be explained by saying he was trying to teach him to fly.
>>
>>2140327

animal rights activists are cutting up the videos and pretending to be gorilla behavior experts
>>
>>2140335
Yeah, that part wasn't even on the video. I guess the gorilla started to get more aggressive so they quickly evacuated the area which is why she stopped filming.
>>
>>2140347

no, that was protective aggression he had to hurt the child before anyone else could to save him
>>
Everyone is at fault here, the zoo should have had a fence and the mother should have watched her kid.

In the end, you gotta save the human; it's not like they gunned down a sanctuary.
>>
>>2138406
How many of these gorillas preserve nature and other animals?
>>
>>2140637
Agreed, but the design seemed to work for the THOUSANDS OF OTHER VISITORS THAT HAD ALREADY BEEN TO THE ZOO. I'd say most of the fault still lies with the mother. See the niglet running into traffic in a parking lot example (way) above. It's the parents' responsibility to keep the kid from running off, not the world's responsibility to make sure he's incapable of hurting himself if he does.
>>
>>2135455
Distractions for the masses most likely
Things like this (which lets be real it's a completely irrelevant issue) are just used to distract people from real news for awhile
>>
>>2140818
If the kid had run into traffic the same thing would have happened. The driver of the car probably would have been shot. It's not nice or fair but sometimes it's what has to be done to protect the child.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.