[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>they told you ACDs are not for first time owners >they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20160408_155250.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160408_155250.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>they told you ACDs are not for first time owners
>they told you they where hard to train
>they told you they get separation anxiety
>they told you you need lots of land
>tfw you ignore the internet and get one anyway and she is the greatest dog ever and listens to you and is nice
>>
> LOL guys I stuck my hand into a box of dirty heroine needles and didn't get AIDS.
>>
File: 1458950928512.jpg (120KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458950928512.jpg
120KB, 640x480px
>>2109049
Um...that's not an australian cattle dog in the pic...sooo.....
>>
>>2109058
exactly what I thought
maybe OP isn't talking about this one?
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 125x124px
>tfw a first time owner who got lucky thinks he knows more than people who work with dogs for a living
oh lordy

and I hope you aren't trying to pass that dog off as an ACD
>>
>>2109071
It's definitely part ACD. Definitely isn't pure. It's not boxy enough to be pure and even though it doesn't have all the right markings, it's definitely got the same red&white speckle look that red heelers have.

Could be a big part of the reason she's more mellow too. If you got a mix OP, that would definitely explain when she hasn't ate your furniture yet.
>>
>>2109049
>posts a strange mutt that doesn't resemeble an ACD
>goes on to say that it doesn't have the traits of an ACD

wew lad
>>
I have an acd x Collie. She's about a year old, perfectly fine. Mind you I take her for a run pretty much every day (she doesn't last long, maybe a k before she just wants to walk and sniff). I leave her shit in the back yard to do like swim, wobbler, toys.

Acd is fine as long as you set a precedent and give it a decent walk every day.

And that dog looks like it has about as much cattle dog in it as I do.
>>
kek thats cos your dogs not an acd
>>
>>2109049
wow, that's really not a ACD. What the hell is wrong with you? Of course a mutt is not going to have all the traits you imbecile.
>>
File: IMG_20160414_213623.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160414_213623.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Then I luv this mutt. Best dog. Heres a pic of her at the peak of obedience
>>
>>2110485
>that small

yeah, definitely not an ACD. you got ripped off by whoever you bought her from m8
>>
>>2109054
>>2109071
Stumbled upon a forum about heelers and all the problems people have with theirs and it sounded terrible and made me so grateful for my puppers I had to gloat
>>
>>2110487
She's 5 months old
>>
>>2109101
>>2109120
Her mom was a medium size plain brown dog. Not sure what that could be? I've been wondering if she was mixed with something because she's so skinny compared to pics I've seen on the internet (thought maybe she would bulk up when she got older lol) but I guess now I know she's a mutt thanks to 4chan haha
>>
>>2110495
>they told you ACDs are not for first time owners
>they told you they where hard to train
>they told you they get separation anxiety
>they told you you need lots of land

>5 months old

Mate it hasn't even begun yet. At least you don't have a real cattle dog.
>>
>>2110600
>Mate it hasn't even begun yet. At least you don't have a real cattle dog.

This is mostly true. The first 9 months, dogs tend to blend together as far as behavior and habits go. Around 6 months, you start to see their breed characteristics come out. Herd guard dogs will start staying close to you or other animals, and keeping a keen eye on the surroundings outside. Labradors get even more fucking clingy omg. Hound dogs begin sniffing out stuff like gophers under ground. Stuff like that.

After about 9 months, most of their personality is intact and no longer a temporary mold of puppyhood. That is going to be the core dog you will have for the next 10 years.
>>
>>2109049
First off, they are intelligent and not too hard to train. And no dog needs tracks of land as long as it is properly exercised and some need a fenced in area.

Second, that's not an ACD anyways

>inb4 'hurrrrr but it's part ACD!!'

Without a DNA test or pedigree from one parent, you wouldn't know that. And let's say it was part ACD, the other breed genetics can overshadow ACD traits. So good job on proving mutts can be the perfect dogs.
>>
File: IMG_20160222_082416.jpg (4MB, 4000x2992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160222_082416.jpg
4MB, 4000x2992px
Could she really not be an ACD at all?
>>
>>2111014
Okay now I see it

Dat tail spiral thing looks cool
>>
>>2111014
If it's a mutt, there is a chance it could have little to no ACD. You should get a wisdom panel DNA test
>>
>>2111014
She looks part acd, but like this anon said:
>>2110687
The other breed genetics can overshadow ACD traits. You'll just have to wait till the 7-9 month mark to see her real behaviour, and even if she doesn't act like an acd, puppies still go through a hyper phase.
>>
Ok. Looking at the rest of the pics you posted, your dog could either be 1/2 ACD or it could be full ACD from a working line instead of a show line. Working lines don't conform to show standards (since they're kept as working animals and are bred to work, not look a special way). If your dog is under a year, then it's still got a lot of filling out to do, which would be why your dog doesn't have the typical ACD boxy look yet. Looking at the first pic you posted, your dog looks like a very lanky 1 year old to me.
>>
File: IMG_20160318_150839.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160318_150839.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>2111655
She is from a working line. Got her from a breeder for 200$. I'm not sure whether I should worry if she's too skinny or assume she's mixed with something.
>>
>>2111655
no, she doesn't even look like a working line ACD

>>2111851
you got ripped off. surprised you bought a "purebred" dog from a breeder when even a Google search shows the obvious discrepancies
>>
>>2111851
Nope. She'll fill out. Between 1 and 2 years is when they lose that lanky look and start to really fill in and get the boxy look. She actually looks very similar to one of my old ACD who was also from a working line. He looked utterly ridiculous until he was about 2. And then he really started to look right.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.