[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this is really related to this board but today on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Not sure if this is really related to this board but today on a walk I found two dead squirrels. No signs of trauma, no blood, just them laying splayed out on the sidewalk within some feet of one another. I've never seen a dead mammal that hadn't obviously been hit by a car or sometime, or was an aged pet, let alone two of them, so I'm wondering if I should be worrying about plague or something.
>>
>>2090143
Electric shock. Power line or transformer?
>>
>>2090153
None near where their corpses were.
>>
>>2090143
murder-suicide
>>
>>2090172
Cute but doubtfull.

Since I'm a poor judge of distance and bad at using terms of distance let me revise and say there's about a minute walking between the two corpses.
>>
Could be just a coincidence that they're so close together. Wild animals have strokes, aneurysms, hearts attacks etc just like domestic animals and humans do, albeit not as often because the majority of the time all of those are related to age and wild animals tend not to reach the very end of their species' possible life expectancy. But it does happen; even young, healthy and fit humans can die from these for no other reason than genetics being a fucking bitch.

Alternatively there's disease or poison. Unless you find a few more carcasses like this I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
well shit i found 5 more similar corpse. is shit happening or someone just killing them?
>>
>>2090189
call your local wildlife authority, whatever that is. They can come check.
>>
>>2090189

In that case it sounds like poison or disease. Do what >>2090191 says.
>>
>>2090191
>>2090192

Could easily just be a cat/dog though.

My dog kills mice and they show no external injuries.
>>
It sounds like they've been poisoned somehow, most likely. Either someone left poison out specifically for the squirrels, or they intended to poison rats or mice and the squirrels got into it too.

It could also be some kind of disease. Do this: >>2090191

It's highly unlikely it's anything that could harm you or other humans, though.
>>
>>2090195
seven at once is extremely unlikely.

it's probably poison or someone shooting them with a low-power pellet gun or something.

disease is also possible but pretty unlikely.
>>
>>2090185
Maybe, but I just can't imagine the odds of coming across two naturally dead squirrels in one day, that close, when in 24 years here I've never seen one that wasn't in the middle of the street with red showing.

>>2090198
I'll do it tomorrow if the bodies are still there, otherwise I'll assume someone else did; it's a fairly well-traveled path and considering they're both on the pavement no one is going to miss it.

>>2090199
I should add that guy isn't me; I'm OP and I've only seen two, so unless that guy happens to live in the same area as me this is two separate things.
>>
>>2090201
>unless that guy happens to live in the same area as me this is two separate things.
somebody pretending to be you for some lulz then.

I don't think I'd worry about 2 dead skrayls in spring. This is when the babbies try to figure out how to live, a lot of them don't make it.

also 2 is a reasonable number for a coincidence or a pet killing some.
>>
Could be lots of things. if it was disease, you won't have to worry about it unless you picked the squirrel up and ate it or something
>>
>>2090143
If this was in a park they probably just ran astray of some newly sprayed pest/herbicide.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.