[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Your coming to us is as the footsteps of doom." --

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 829825.jpg (57KB, 540x680px) Image search: [Google]
829825.jpg
57KB, 540x680px
"Your coming to us is as the footsteps of doom."

-- Every single creature on planet Earth that isn't a human commensal
>>
pretty sure pigeons and crows are pretty happy with us.
>>
>>2077303
And rats and roaches.
>>
File: 1386431797550.gif (2MB, 238x195px) Image search: [Google]
1386431797550.gif
2MB, 238x195px
>>2077306
toxoplasmosis.
>>
File: 1417288673492.gif (856KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
1417288673492.gif
856KB, 300x240px
Generalist species dystopia when?
>>
Yep, Deer won't overrun America if people stop hunting because buffalo and wolves were ran out.
>>
>>2077325
They're not going to go extinct because of hunting either
>>
>>2077296
look how the die off begins BEFORE humans arrive.

Humans show up because the large mammals were dying off, not the other way around.
>>
>>2077330
Are you incapable of following the line implied by arrows?
>>
>>2077310
Rats not cats
>>
>>2077303
>>2077306
>>2077310
>human commensals

>>2077311
Soon unfortunately.

>>2077330
>>2077342
Lol this.
>>
>Australia doesn't start going up again due to the introduction of feral camels
>>
>>2077296
Where did you get that graph and how is % survival 100%?
>>
>>2077384
Not native, stupid.
>>
>>2077385
You mean, non-native
>>
>>2077388

The idea there is that the introduction of non-native macrofauna would help stabilize Australia's dysfunctional ecosystem by filling now-empty niches, leading to an uptick in native mammals.
>>
Why should I stop hunting? Regardless of our clear herbivorous origins, we've been hunting to suppliment our diets for hundreds of thousands of years. The thrill of the hunt is ingrained into our minds, and I refuse to settle for less. I see no problem with a mainly vegetarian diet with regular fish/shellfish and occasional red meat. It's just a happier existence than anything else I've tried and its contribution to factory farming is minimal.

Another huge killer is slash & burn farming. We need to stop using fucking rainforests as farmland - the soil is horrible.
>>
>>2077384
What large animals are they talking about in Aussieland? I'd assume it's capable of taking sustained minigun fire, able to kill with a glance, and capable of drinking a tavern dry based on previous contact with Aussie life.
>>
>>2077388
the word "native" appears nowhere on that graph, go fuck yourself
>>
File: unaffected.jpg (30KB, 465x310px) Image search: [Google]
unaffected.jpg
30KB, 465x310px
>>2077359
>human commensals
>just look at how unaffected we are.
>>
>>2077556
You literally have autism.
>>
>>2077506
It's implied, retard. The reference is historic megafaunal populations. Not feral fucking camels.
>>
>>2077658
how about I imply my dick into your mum's asshole? She's a large native mammal
>>
>>2077296
How come Europe is missing on that picture?
>>
>>2077697
Just what the maker wanted I guess. Europe got hit pretty hard too though.
>>
>>2077556
Kek
>>
That really only applies to deer so they dont wind up in our lawns starving to death looking for grass since wolves are practically non existent in alot of the US
>>
>>2077741
This, lived in a suburb in NorCal growing up. Deer were like raccoons or possums, always wandering about at night and sometimes in the day.
>>
>>2077741
>>2078105
Actually I can't tell what you're responding too, but I thought you were being sarcastic.
>>
>>2077741
>>2078105
Yeah, the only argument for "deer overpopulation" is that they annoy humans. Humans, on the other hand, exterminate everything they touch. The scales are a bit tipped here.
>>
>>2078109
>Yeah, the only argument for "deer overpopulation" is that they annoy humans.

No it's not you stupid fucking retard. Get off the dumbass hippie sites and do some actual research before you spout stupid shit.
>>
>>2077741
Apparently they're doing it to wolves in the upper U.S. too...saying they aren't endangered and overpopulated, apparently they are going to kill all of their cattle and children.
>>
>>2078109
>Yeah, the only argument for "deer overpopulation" is that they annoy humans.
you're legit retarded.
>>
>>2078125
>>2078163
Calling him retarded doesn't change the fact that he's right.
You could argue that reducing their population reduces suffering for the millions of deer that would starve to death, but then you have to wonder why we don't just feed them instead.

or why we don't worry about the suffering of any of the other trillions of animals going about their business in nature.
>>
>>2078168
>or why we don't worry about the suffering of any of the other trillions of animals going about their business in nature.
There is literally only one reason: deer are the most commonly hunted animal in America and hunters have to maintain a mythology to justify the sociopathic act of killing for pleasure to twist a heinous act into a righteous one for public consumption.
>>
>>2078401
>killing for pleasure
most of us kill for food. It's fun the first few times you do it, but after a while it's just like you going to the grocery store in your climate-destroying SUV. It gets boring, but you gotta eat.
>>
>>2078421
>most of us kill for food.
More huntercunt lies. Literally all hunters do is fucking lie all the time. You kill for fun. Food is a bonus. If you killed for food you wouldn't be killing at all because you don't NEED to kill wild animals for food. And now you'll say "but muh factory farms", yes and you don't need to kill animals period. And now you'll bitch "you're not masculine / it's my right to eat meat / I do what I want fuck you", which again, invalidates your entire lie that you have to hunt for food, because everyone knows you can eat unfertilized chicken eggs or dairy from a farm that doesn't produce veal, etc for animal foods, but you don't. The truth is, you do it because it's recreational and nobody is stopping you. Everything else is a lie. You're just as bad as potheads. If you fucking sociopaths would just be honest I'd have a lot more respect for you, but you're slimy worms who try to turn your filthy degenerate fetishes into a holy crusade, which they never were and will never be.

>climate-destroying SUV
I actually drive a hybrid. Get fucked.

>It gets boring, but you gotta eat.
How come I can eat without hunting and you can't? The fact is you don't have a justified argument. Just propaganda for idiots to consume.
>>
>>2078168
>You could argue that reducing their population reduces suffering for the millions of deer that would starve to death
Could I argue that the overgrazing they do is an ecological disaster, or are you so fucking simple minded that it's a waste of time to consider more than humans + one species? Retard.
>>
>>2078454
>Could I argue that the overgrazing they do is an ecological disaster
No. You can't because it's more made up bullshit. The only effects deer have on floral communities is to SLIGHTLY delay reforestation by literally decades - nothing in real terms - and to slightly alter herbaceous communities locally. That's literally it. They're not fucking locusts and this hunter-fostered myth that deer are living lawnmowers who will kill all plant life if you don't hunt them is pure propaganda bullshit not backed by reality.

>or are you so fucking simple minded that it's a waste of time to consider more than humans + one species?
I don't even know what the hell you're trying to say here.
>>
>>2078168
>but then you have to wonder why we don't just feed them instead.
I can't believe there are people this stupid.
>>
>>2077296
And what are you trying to achieve by posting this preachy bullshit on a very slow board on an anime image board?
>>
>>2078489
You mean as you? Neither can I.

>>2078496
Just countering constant lies and propaganda with reality. Hopefully one day these bullshit lies won't dominate environmental policy, because they're actively destructive to the biosphere.
>>
File: 1411959647017.png (286KB, 500x716px) Image search: [Google]
1411959647017.png
286KB, 500x716px
>>2078448
What's wrong with hunting? Where's all this hate coming from? Holy shit dude, I'm against potheads as well, but I think you might be able to learn a thing or two from them.

Reply (1/2)

I am licensed to hunt, I have my tools, but I rarely do so. The only times I hunt are when the populations are too high, as announced by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.

>Literally all hunters do is fucking lie all the time.
You know, if you didn't include the word literally, that would have been acceptable as a generalization, but you just had to make a blanket statement. Blanket statements sometimes are retarded.

>If you killed for food you wouldn't be killing at all because you don't NEED to kill wild animals for food.
If one eats meat, they either need to kill to obtain meat, or they are paying someone to directly or indirectly to kill for meat. If you're so against killing wild animals because it's "sociopathic" to do so, wouldn't raising animals for the sole purpose of killing them be worse? Don't even try to say anything along the lines of, "that's why humans shouldn't eat meat", because using that as a reason to abstain from eating meat is retarded.

>you don't need to kill animals period
Prove it.

>Everything else is a lie.
Prove it.
>>
File: 1407395543147.jpg (85KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1407395543147.jpg
85KB, 300x300px
>>2078448
>>2080377
(Reply 2/2)

>How come I can eat without hunting and you can't? The fact is you don't have a justified argument. Just propaganda for idiots to consume.
What's a justified argument to you? I have a feeling you live in America, and you're well off in a somewhat urban area where grocery stores are plentiful and it's easy for you to access all the nutrients you need without having to consume meat. If that's the case, great, good for you, if I were in that situation I wouldn't eat meat, nor would I hunt. I'm pretty sure the majority of hunters in the world can survive WITHOUT hunting, but there definitely are some who will die if they don't hunt. Come to the rural bits of Canada, or even in the not-so-rural places up here in the territories, and let's see you try screaming your head off about how hunting is so bad, how hunting is a "filthy degenerate fetish", and how hunters are slimy worms. Let's see you so adamantly claim that "you don't need to kill animals period".

>How come I can eat without hunting and you can't?
You can because you're privileged, and I'm not even using the word the same way SJWs are (you sound like one). You can eat without hunting because you have commodities brought right to your neighbourhood on a daily basis, live comfortably without having to worry too much about protecting you and your family from the elements, nor do you have to make your own food. By make your own food I mean growing your own food, harvesting and preserving it. You probably don't have a family to feed, and before you say anything close to "well you could have just gotten her to swallow", I didn't have a choice: I have to hunt, or my family starves.

Get fucked.
>>
>>2077303

Are you saying that pigeons can be happy?
>>
>>2080378
>using privileged in an apology for killing animals on a Northern Mongolian Middle school sports chatroom

Here's your (You) eh?
>>
>>2080408
no I use it figuratively.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.