[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cat ran away and she's in heat and has never been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

My cat ran away and she's in heat and has never been outside.

WHAT DO?
>>
CAT ABORTION
>>
>>2073487

This is b8 m8?
>>
>>2073487

Don't worry. The other cats will take real good care of her.
>>
>>2073504
Not b8
>>
Is that your cat OP? She's pretty.

Either prepare for the expenses of kittens or take to the vet to be spayed. As long as it's within the next few weeks they can spay her and abort the kittens at no extra cost. And unless you have the money to spare for food, litter, vaccinations and microchipping of 2-10 kittens, spaying will be the cheaper option.
>>
>>2074629
>>2073487
actually, dont take her within the next 2-3 weeks.
take her after this time. desexing female animals on heat or in the week afterwards is a risky surgery. the uterus is friable, blood flow is much greater, and tying off the ovarian pedicle can be a bit trickier.
so wait until after 2 weeks then take her.
>>
>>2074629
Yes, she hasn't come back yet. I'm asking what I should do and even if she'll even come back or not. I'm prepared to take her in the second she gets back. I'm just worried because no surgery and no rabies shot because she's a purebred that historically has problems with rabies shots..
>>
>>2074633
I'm sure she'll be back. If she hasn't been outside before I doubt she'll have the courage to go far. She's likely hiding out in a drain or a neighbors shed. Leave some food outside and walk around the neighborhood calling her.

If you live somewhere with high danger of rabies you'll have to get her a shot asap. Since she's in heat she'll be attracting every male cat within a mile. Many of which are probably strays without shots.
>>
>>2074644
I searched everywhere and she's been gone for 5 days I'm so stressed I haven't been able to focus in class. This is the worst feel.
>>
I'm putting up fliers tomorrow and leaving food out. I've registered her as missing at every shelter, is there anything else I can do other than pray and wait?

>>2074648
>>
>>2074633
> no rabies shot because she's a purebred that historically has problems with rabies shots..
Would you rather have her dying of fucking rabies? Don't be stupid OP.
>>
>>2074650
Maybe door knock if you haven't already. Someone might have taken her in thinking she is stray.
One of my cats went missing for nearly six months before turning up at my back door covered in mud. No idea where he was hiding all that time but it proves that there is hope. Until you know for sure something happened to her, don't give up searching.
>>
>>2074633
If she's a purebred you're going to have to think about the possibility of someone seeing her and stealing her. Is she microchipped? If so make sure your info on it is up to date right now. Some vets check new clients for microchip but also, if someone found her and wanted to return her home you'll need that
>>
>>2074633
>purebred
>not required to fix her
>No rabies
Wat

I'm not going to judge you. At least for fixed cats, they tend to stay close to home. Start leaving out canned food in front of your door and leaving the door ajar. Search very thoroughly in the areas surrounding your home.
>>
>>2074653
I'm saying we never got her one because of that.
>>
>>2074644
>>2074650

Don't leave food outside. That'll only attract animals that can scare her off. Leave an article of clothing of yours out for her.
>>
That's cat isn't a purebred anything.
>>
>>2074702
It's a purebred Maine coon
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 236x354px
>>2074706
No it's not.

Pic related is an actual MC.
>>
>>2074719
Lad are you autistic? It's a Maine coon I've had like 3 of them.
>>
>>2074722
Ya got papers brah?
>>
>>2074722
Have you ever been to a cat show?
Do you have any friends that breed and show?
No?
I didn't think so.

If you had actually gotten your cat from a reputable breeder she wouldn't have ended up in your home intact.

Your cat is a domestic longhair.
>>
>>2074730
I did get my cat from a reputable breeder?
>>
>>2074725
>>2074730
http://www.luckypawsmc.com/
according to her papers she is a purebred who's relatives came from here.
>>
>>2074683
Holy shit the rabies vaccine is always a killed virus. That means the virus is never alive, and can't give your animal rabies because nothing is alive to give your animal rabies. It's illegal to hand out any live rabies vaccine to pets in the US
>>
>>2074743
The breeder told me that there were issues with the way they injected it that made Maine coons have issues. Since she is an indoor cat and it's been 8 years and she hasn't gone out, we didn't get it.
>>
>>2074746
Do you live in the US?
>>
Lol pure breed cats. Do u think old Sewer whiskers will care while he breeds your beautiful Maine coon speciment? Most likely it's getting banged by a pack of cats and she's loving it. But seriously try walking around u r block and knock on doors a cute cat like that might have been snatched up. It happened to me, my cat jumped 3 fences and ended up in this lady's back yard and she kept her in her garage for 2 days before I recognized her meowing while looking for her (I train my cats to run to me at the sound of a flicked tab on a food can). Super nice lady tho gave her dog food and water but otherwise good outcome. Good luck man and I wouldn't worry about it getting hurt cats a survivalists straight out of the womb.
>>
>>2074748
Yes. The issue wasn't the rabies itself but some issue caused by the means of injection. This happened 8 years ago I don't exactly remember.
>>
>>2074736
Your cat is a low content mix at best.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 800x600px
>>
>>2074946
what
>>
>>2074648
>This is the worst feel.

why didn't you spay your cat so it wouldn't run off?
>>
File: 1445495845827.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
1445495845827.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE SIX BILLION BIRDS
>>
>>2074648

>5 days

Sorry man, she's gone. If a cat's gone for longer than 3 days chances are it's dead.
>>
Update: I saw her under my neighbors truck but a passing car spooked her.
>>
>>2075109
That's good. At least you know she isn't far.
>>
File: 2013012402.jpg (373KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
2013012402.jpg
373KB, 800x533px
mewe!
>>
>>2074750
The risk is a mass that could form if the injection is done wrong, and the mass may have to be surgically removed. If you neglect it for years in end, it may result in the leg being amputated. Now, even if the injection is done wrong, the chance of even a mass forming in the the thousandths (0.00X) of a percent. As far as I know, this doesn't change with any genetics. But if it did, there is no conceivable way that the chance of a mass forming would be higher than 1% or 2%, and that is a fucking huge increase from 0.007%.

I'm going to assume you never got your cat it's distemper shot either, as there is the same risk. I'll go a bit further and say you never brought it to a vet after 12 weeks because then it would be required, by law, to get at least the initial rabies shot.

You're risking countless number of other people's pets, hell even the health of other people, over a few thousandths of a percent.
>>
>>2074632
Waiting that long could leave complications if the cat is pregnant. I'd say it's better to do it ASAP as a little more blood is manageable but the issues with well developed kittens in a gravid spay is just a bullet the cat will have to take. Late gravid spay is pretty hard on cats
>>
>>2073487
>>2074648

No furry but that is an attractive cat. No wonder she ran away when no one gave her a proper dicking.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.