[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art icle-3439042/Birds-prey-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1455098270941.jpg (222KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1455098270941.jpg
222KB, 1024x768px
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3439042/Birds-prey-starting-fires-DELIBERATELY-Brown-falcon-dropped-smouldering-twigs-Australian-bush-smoke-mice-insects-say-researchers.html

First the Emu war.
And now this...

Australian bird thread?
>>
I live about an hour and a half south of the current wa bushfires, shit is scary af
>>
So it wasn't abbos who destroyed the Forrest it was birds
>>
File: uiWPgS0.png (920KB, 996x742px) Image search: [Google]
uiWPgS0.png
920KB, 996x742px
Everything in Australia is trying to kill you.
Everything.
>>
>swoop
>>
File: Magpie.jpg (40KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Magpie.jpg
40KB, 700x394px
>>2059219
>>
I'm skeptical. I thought it was believed birds of prey were not particularly smart
>>
>>2059723

Owls are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Don't know about eagles, hawks and others.
>>
>>2059723
They aren't, but that's just compared to a lot of other birds. They're still very smart on general animal terms.
>>
>>2059723
They're not that smart but they aren't dumb either. A lot of the animals in the ecosystem depend on the fires, the plants too.
>>
>>2059182
>bushmen
>aboriginals
There's...a difference?
>>
>>2059754
Bushmen are from southern Africa, and are know for their tongue clicking languages. Aboriginals are from Australia and are best known for their two inventions - a curved throwing stick & a hollow music stick.
>>
>>2059182
Is this the beginning of Birdmen? They discovered fire and are using it as a tool...

I say we evacuate Australia of all it's "people" and see what happens when the birds are left alone to evolve into intelligent beings.
>>
>>2059726
They're not terribly smart either. No bird of prey is. Corvids and Parrots got all the brains in the birds.
>>
>>2062141
>corvids
>not predators

Just because they don't take down full grown deer doesn't mean they don't actively hunt for prey small enough that they can catch.

Hell, some corvids even go fishing. Who's got that .gif of a corvid using it's own feather to lure fish up to the surface?
>>
>>2059182
Well at least the fires are good for the environment though.
>>
>>2060078
Screw that. Nuke it from orbit before its too late. We can only hope that doesn't mutate something into a massive preposterous looking kailju.
>>
>>2060078
you mean like new zealand used to be?
>>
>>2062239
egrets do the same bait fishing strategy
>>
>>2060072
actually in Australia, Bushmen are white guys that live out in the bush. The real life Crocodile Dundee types.
>>
File: 1403508915739.jpg-300x0.jpg (49KB, 300x458px) Image search: [Google]
1403508915739.jpg-300x0.jpg
49KB, 300x458px
>>2059182
>Australian bird thread?
Compulsory reading for Australian bird thread
>>
>>2062239
corvids aren't birds of prey ya dingus, and nobody is saying they aren't occasionally predators. Remember bird of prey is the same as raptor
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.