[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cat is in so much pain. I can tell he has major dental issues,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

My cat is in so much pain. I can tell he has major dental issues, but when I looked up the prices I almost cried. I can't afford it and the cat is mine now and my parents can't just shell out money for my animal. He is about 8 1/2 years old and still has so much life left.

I can't use care credit, I don't have a credit card yet (I'm a poor 19 year old college student). I don't know what to do.

He pees outside his litterbox if there is so much as a dryer sheet on the floor, he cries constantly, and shakes his mouth over and over and drools. It makes me so sad that I would consider euthanasia over watching him live day to day in pain, but that also costs a lot. I don't know what to do and I feel like shit for it, but I am crying just thinking of getting rid of my buddy.

What is the right thing to do? This guy has been my best friend since I was 11...
>>
>college student
This means you have bleeding heart wealthy classmates. Ask one to help.
>>
You don't have to necessarily use care credit. There are vets that offer a payment plan. How bad is your kitty's mouth? I'd had two of my chihuahuas baby teeth removed when he got fixed and my Dobie had one of hers pulled after she broke it. The dobies was maybe $200 if I remember right. Do you have a job as well, or are you just a student?
>>
>>2028029
I quit my last job due to horrible scheduling and not letting me go on a vacation I had planned for a while. So now I am looking. How long do you think I should wait after I start saving to get him done? Is waiting till the summer too long?
>>
>>2028008
>looked up the prices

Ok go to a vet you idiot. You don't know what the issue is so looking up prices is ridiculous. It could be like $100 and if you can't afford that you shouldn't have a pet. Go to a vet and discuss your situation with them. They won't do it for free, but vets become vets to help animals, so they may have some options you don't know about or they may just help you out of the goodness of their heart. (Of course don't ask for anything free, but just explain your situation)
>>
>>2028075
Like suggested, talk to a vet first. They may be able to do a payment plan and will diagnose your cat so you have a clear idea of what's going on. Second, if they can't work with you, a lot of shelters also offer vet services to help pay for the costs of keeping the shelter open. Often or not, they're actually cheaper than a regular vet practice. Just do a search or ask around in your area. There's a shelter near me where I bring my dogs for vet care, so I'm sure there's one in your state.
>>
>>2028049
If you say he's in that much pain it needs to be done asap. Can the poor thing even eat? Jesus.
>>
Most vets accept Care Credit. Google it up, ask about it.
>>
>>2028123

Thats smart. There may even be a vet school/RVT program near you that will be cheaper because its students who need practice.
>>
>>2028146
I was in a town with a vet school and they were ridiculously expensive for simple procedures.

I remember cherry eye surgery cost $800 more per eye at the vet school verses the vet I worked for.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.