[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best dog, period? No shitty answers saying there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 51jvtEYoerL._SX466_.jpg (43KB, 466x310px) Image search: [Google]
51jvtEYoerL._SX466_.jpg
43KB, 466x310px
What's the best dog, period? No shitty answers saying there is no one best dog for every task. I want the best dog.
>>
Poodle. No shedding and smartest
>>
>>2025937
Of course, the golden mean applies, meaning a mutt between as many breeds as possible is desirable.
>>
I'd say a lab/pit mix.

I had one and he was the best dog ever. Maybe his genes just mixed well and I got lucky but really he was a small black lab with a pitt bull jaw.
>>
Golden retriever, duh.
>>
There is no best dog for everything ya idiot, that's why there's so many breeds.

I mean, huskies pull sleds, but they can't go down a hole and get rodents for you like a rat terrier. It would also be pretty in-practical to have a shit ton of terriers pulling a sled.
>>
>>2026007
>There is no best dog for everything ya idiot
Look at this pussy. He just couldn't help himself.
>>
>>2025937
Multiple generation mutt.

Herds better than a pointer, catches vermin better than a border collie, guards better than a pug, more affectionate then a kangal, learns faster than a beagle, etc.
All around DOG.
>>
>>2025999
Yep. Friendly, athletic, intelligent, cute, loyal, eager to please. For a common person who doesn't need a dog for any specific purpose the golden is ideal.
>>
>>2025937
Border Collie hands down. it can learn to do absolutely anything, is a nice medium size and super athletic.
but the fact of the matter is, breeds have been developed for their own purpose, you need a dog to suit your own specific needs, you lose something just getting an all rounder or a mutt, although theyre usually perfectly suitable for the average modern person.
>>
>>2026081
I think border collies have too much energy for the average owner. Most people can barely handle labs
>>
Norwegian elk hound

Prove me wrong.
>>
There's no best dog for every task depends on what you want it for
>>
>>2026092
can those dogs herd cattle?
>>
>>2025937
working line german shepherd?
>>
>>2026097

Well, I have a half heeler half elk hound that herds sheep, so I would imagine so.
>>
>>2026097

Herding is a natural canine instinct, and doesn't involve commands that are terribly difficult to teach. Nearly any physically capable and obedient dog should be able to handle it.

For example, here's a chihuahua herding some sheep. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSHaFcfgsJo
>>
Aussie.
Hands down.
>>
File: rough-collie-dog.jpg (1MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
rough-collie-dog.jpg
1MB, 1920x1440px
Collie

>beautiful
>smart
>useful

what more do you want
>>
>>2026118

Thats not herding, thats chasing.
>>
>>2026139

That's basically what herding is, though. That someone thought to add some commands to refine it doesn't change that.
>>
Standard poodle.
>>
>>2025937
The heroic OP, having declared himself King of /an/, demands his followers to pronounce one dog breed in all the lands to be His Personal Fucktoy. O glorious day, as we are witness to the Mighty OP solve the one problem for which He had no clue, though He hath previously conquered all other problems of logic which had stumped even the greatest minds. See, now, as His Fucking Highness acquires the most profound expression of Man's ultimate destiny, the identity of the Finest Bitch, surely the greatest of all achievements in History
>>
>>2026479
Kek
>>
>>2025942
Few anons beat me to it. Without a doubt Poodles are the best if you only care about the dog ability and potential and not the looks of it alone.

With that said though I hate how they fucking look. Huskies to me is a perfect god though you gotta train and walk it (as you should with every dog though) but for a pure bred one expect to pay out of the ass.
>>
>>2025942
Collie is smarter
>>
>>2026038
Collies herd, they're not bred to catch vermin. Beagles are stupid.
>>
>>2025937
Border collies. What can't those fuckers do?
Runner ups definitely lab, goldie, poodle and German shep.
>>
>>2026092
>shitty exercise requirements
>shit spitz temperament, needs a fucking hardened war general to train it
>jumpy as fuck
>>
Just get a girlfriend. Can do everything a dog can and then some. Not that much more expensive either, if you've gone to a quality breeder.
>>
>>2025942
This. Poodles don't deserve the "froofy girly dog" stereotype they have.

>>2026634
I'm biased because I own one, but I agree. They're very intelligent, but that also means they require much more attention than other breeds. Border collies aren't for most people.
>>
>>2025937
A wolf.
>>
I'd say Jack Russel Terrier but that's just cause they're perfect for me, but not necessarily for everyone else.
>>
>>2025942
2nd smartest
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.