[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I put in this crystal bowl /an/? I've been thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What should I put in this crystal bowl /an/? I've been thinking about a cray fish or something But I'm not sure. I think it's a gallon and a half or maybe 2
>>
File: chirocephalus-diaphanus.jpg (68KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
chirocephalus-diaphanus.jpg
68KB, 1000x750px
>>2011135
artemia or fairy shrimp are pretty much the only thing that can comfortably live in a bowl
>>
>>2011135
Crawfish need a lot of territory. 10 gallon minimum for one.
>>
>>2011135
Goldfish or a beta
>>
>>2011178
>goldfish
Incredibly dirty fish that do not do well in bowels.

>betta
They need a heater

No fish does well in a gallon bowel.
>>
>>2011182

Not including there is literally not mention of any filter whatsoever.
>>
>>2011184
>>2011178
Ya, maybe 2 neon tetras might make it maybe but no. There will be no filters,lights,heaters, anything. Just a bowl. It's crystal which is nice but it's all cut and has shapes on it, don't even think it would look good for a fishbowl but was wondering if there was anything you guys had in mind? Maybe a apple snail? I've always wanted a big huge baseball sized applesnail.
>>
>>2011138
This.
Or some plants and a couple tiny (not apple snails/mystery snails) would be fine too.

Anyone suggesting fish is retarded.

Just get a ten gallon OP, they're like ten bucks. Why would you even want something in that bowl? You cant even really see in.
>>
>>2011199
Read the post above yours, also my dads gf gave it to me and basically said "want it? I'm throwing it away if you don't"
>>
Nothing you put in that glass bowl will survive for long. You could make it into a small terrarium with just plants, but you can't see into it easily so what is the point.
>>
>>2011196
>Maybe a apple snail?
no.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Also, thoughts on these? Been going good for 5 months now. Cool to see the little isotopes even though it's a closed system.
>>
>>2011211
>isotopes
isopods?
>>
>>2011217
Yes
>>
>>2011203
Walstd method tank would suit your needs perfectly. Look it up, there are a lot of guides and all you really need is potting soil, lots of plants, and a fish bowl/tank which you already have. It's really easy to maintain too, just top it off with some de-chlorinated water every once in while.
For livestock, I'd recommend a handful of ghostshrimp or (not both because ghostshrimp will eat your rcs) red cherry shrimp in there. I'd recommend RCS because they're easier to see and it's fun to watch their population grow. You could maybe even add some pest snails like malaysian trumpet snails, ramshorns, or pond snails too, they are so hard to kill but they breed like crazy so beware.

I would not recommend any other fish. No tetras, no goldfish, no betta.
Nothing can live in a freshwater tank that small other than invertebrates.
>>
>>2011273
The real MVP. That was the answer I was looking for. Thanks dude.
>>
>>2011135
Jelly beans
>>
>>2011196
don't neon tetras prefer to be in large groups?

I think OP's best bet would be a vernal pool critters like artemia as >>2011138 suggests, and if those don't tickle his fancy triops, clam shrimp and daphnia would do okay as well.
>>
>>2011273
>>2011135
I strongly recommend the Walstad method as well. However, I understand if it's too complicated/expensive in the initial set up. (although for something that small it probably won't cost as much as you'd think)

A great alternative is some good gravel, the round kind that won't slice anything to bits with sharp edges. Just enough to cover the bottom. Then throw in some marimo moss balls, (google them, they are awesome!) and a couple of lucky bamboo with the roots buried under the gravel. Just make sure the lucky bamboo is tall enough that the leaves are outside of the water. And remember, lucky bamboo aren't actually bamboo, so no direct full sunlight, or it will kill them. Then all you have to do is gently pick up the moss balls once a week and rotate them so the part that touches the ground doesn't turn brown and icky.

Google how to properly cycle an aquarium, cycling is basically allowing the inside surfaces of the aquarium to become home to colonies of very beneficial bacteria that absorbs things like ammonia and such from fish waste. Shrimp have such a low bioload that they should be fine cycled or not. But I am not sure about any snails you may choose to keep. So better safe than sorry.

Once everything is properly cycled, never EVER wash out the inside of the bowl or the surfaces of the plants/moss. All you should do is gently take a large cup, pour half of the bowl water into it, use it to water any houseplants or toss it down the sink, then replace the bowl water with tap water that has been treated for chlorine so it won't kill your shrimp/plants.

And that's it. Once everything is set up, all you have to do is replace old water with fresh water once a week and rotate the moss balls.The only thing I can think of is don't get scammed into buying java moss that is tied into a ball, instead of legit marimo moss balls.
>>
File: image.jpg (573KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
573KB, 3264x2448px
>>2011491
Haha, I've actually done the Walgast method tank and have had 2 tanks and one shrimp bowl this year so I know a little bit about cycling, although I usually just cheat and buy that safe start stuff then I just wait 1 week instead of a month. I have tried lucky Bamboo with my shrimp bowl but I fucking hated it because it was way to short so the leaves almost always were in the water. Actually bought a "betta torture bowl" to put them in so they could grow right. That was 4 months ago and they haven't grown an inch.... Maybe I should just make it a moss ball tank? Put in 2 ghost shrimp to keep it clean, see how big it can grow. That would be fun.
>>
>>2011135
Get a proper tank if you decide to get crayfish. That isn't enough for one.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.