[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never neutered any of my pets and I probably never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 11

File: why_the_fuck_would_you_do_this.jpg (17KB, 460x279px) Image search: [Google]
why_the_fuck_would_you_do_this.jpg
17KB, 460x279px
I've never neutered any of my pets and I probably never will. I've owned dozens of different cats and dogs and I've never had any issues with them. The idea of removing a guy's junk, whether it's a dog or a human, makes my skin crawl. It's just not right.

What, your dog a little too aggressive? You afraid of him getting the other dogs pregnant? It's probably a stretch to compare them to humans, but if your kid is acting a little too hyper in the classroom you don't lobotomize him.

Can someone explain to me how neutering a pet ISN'T a form of animal cruelty?
>>
I love this, its spot on:

>if your kid is acting a little too hyper in the classroom you don't lobotomize him.

Here here anon. Neutering only serves to make animal companionship accessible to the irresponsible and the lazy.

Its barbaric.
>>
It is but it's the most affective way to reduce the population of strays. Maybe one day when it's no longer a problem pets will have vasectomies and tubes tied
>>
>>1995672

You can already have these procedures done to leave your pet hormonally intact.
>>
I was planning on neutering my pup at two, maybe sooner if he was unmanageable. Now his second birthday has come and gone and I'm kinda tired of people insisting I get him "fixed" right away.
I mean, i just don't see the point. I have a fenced yard he doesn't try to escape. He doesn't roam off when we go on hikes. He doesn't hump or fellate himself. When the bitch down the street goes into heat, he behaves the same as always and doesn't treat her any different aside from some extra curious butt sniffing until she tells him to fuck off.
The only real downside I've had is that if we visit someone who has had their dog piss inside at some point, mine will mark the spot when no one is looking.
>>
File: catsurprise.gif (2MB, 230x357px) Image search: [Google]
catsurprise.gif
2MB, 230x357px
>>1995671
>>1995668
Wow samefagging so hard.

Neutering is really helpful. Having your animal act hormonal can be a huge problem. Just with aggression alone it can be obnoxious. I'm not talking just violent aggression but other types. Like if you don't get your male cat neutered he might keep trying to mount your arm or leg. Which can be really obnoxious because that means he bites down on your arm and then goes to down. You being cuddly with your cat can cause them to start feeling hormonal and he will act out.

I don't know the details with dogs and how bad they get when they're not fixed, but it's straight up obnoxious with cats.
>>
File: nice_try_bro.png (3MB, 1241x808px) Image search: [Google]
nice_try_bro.png
3MB, 1241x808px
>>1995681
>Wow samefagging so hard.
not that I care, it's just fun to prove people wrong.

>You being cuddly with your cat can cause them to start feeling hormonal and he will act out.
I've had plenty of cats, many different breeds, never encountered this issue. I had one cat that liked to hump stuffed animals, but that's about it.
>>
I've only ever owned dogs, but same as OP I've never castrated them, it does seem rather barbaric. However I've also predominantly owned a high standard of pedigree dog so it seems a shame to take away the option of letting their line continue. I see the point of neutering strays and cats tho.
I don't understand why there's so much pressure however to neuter your own pet, other than the slightly increased risks of cancer in the organs that would otherwise be removed, it's up to me to leave my dog intact,she's never far from me, and I won't let any disgusting pleb tier dog anywhere near her in heat.
>>
>>1995681
My neutered cat would come do the hump and bite on me while I was sleeping. He was neutered at like 2-3 months too, so it's not something he learned to do first.
>>
>>1995674
I'm pretty sure we can do the same with you. Are you game? Oh but that would violate your rights wouldn't it

>>1995672
>implying that the animals are to blame, not human behaviours and society's failures to accommodate them.

"the flu virus doesn't attack you, you create an environment within yourself where it can flourish" - Donella Meadows
>>
Intact tomcats have a strong smell and they're very prone to spraying and have a strong drive to wander and fight. It may be normal behaviour for them, but in the interest of finding homes for the male kittens that are already existent and preventing them from making thousands more unwanted kittens, I think it's in their interest overall to neuter them. There aren't enough homes for cats full stop, let alone homes that can deal with the smell and the spraying and have enough space to keep a confined tomcat even semi-satisfied with his life.
>>
>>1995706
That's not what I'm implying and it's not the animals fault. It's far easier to solve this problem by putting the "blame" on the animals rather than the incompetent owners.
>>
>>1995706

Animals don't have rights and it doesn't alter their quality of life one bit to make them sterile while leaving their sexual organs intact. There is no reason for almost all animals to breed or for most people to breed their animals. It's just creating a vast overpopulation of poorly bred and uncared for animals.

If it was paramount that I not breed I'd absolutely get the surgery, it would be very convenient. As it is I use contraception. This is just pet contraception.
>>
Cats tend to pee on furniture when they're not fixed, even if the litter box situation is perfectly fine.

For dogs, most dog owners are stupid and at some point either want their pretty perfect dog to have puppies, or are too dumb to keep them from escaping outside to breed with another dog . otherwise, I also don't see a huge deal about fixing dogs. Except the constant humping and potential hormonal aggression suck.

Most animals seem to benefit from getting fixed anyway, longer lifespans, dunno if dogs and cats might benefit that way or not.
>>
>>1995668
>Reading this entire post
>Now awaiting for the /an/ nazi's to come in and give OP a whirlwind of shit about population control, backyard breeders, shelters and why he is a bad person
>>
Pets =/= people. They don't know what their junk is. They don't care that their junk is missing. Every time an unplanned litter comes into the world, an equal number of pets in shelters are euthanized. So thanks for that.
>>
you've clearly never had to euthanize a litter of "oops" puppies or kittens that the world doesn't have enough room for

keep being part of the problem, faggot. your apathy to anyone aside from yourself isn't cool or edgy or special
>>
if pet overpopulation wasn't such a huge issue (over 2 million euthanized a year) then no one would care about your animal's junk. but until then, don't be "that" guy.
>>
>>1995742
>wahh don't make me think of anyone becides myself
>>
>>1995740
states with higher spay/neuter rates also have longer average per lifespans, so there's that. and they have lower euthanasia rates in shelters
>>
>>1995748
I'm not even OP you fuckwit. Just saying, this board is full of pretentious cunts.
>>
>>1995750
still applies, and the fact that you think caring about those issues makes you pretentious says a whole lot more about you than anyone else m8
>>
Hello >>1995750 .

Please print out this post >>1995751 and tape it to your monitor and/or phone case. Read it every time you consider posting something.
>>
>>1995751
I've seen you fags give people shit for rescuing pups a little too young, dogs a little too aggressive, or people that didn't want some twat inspecting their house. Caring about an issue is one thing however you gay cunts take it to a whole other level.
>>
>>1995668

I swear to god there is one faggot that just won't shut up about this.

ANIMALS DO NOT GIVE A FUCK IF THEY LOSE THEIR JUNK. They can not objectively reason what happened to them.

Fucking faggot.
>>
>>1995753
Found one.
>>
All human cultures made eunuchs out of pre and post pubescent men for thousands of years with no ill effects. Some of the best fighters and singer in the world were eunuchs, in fact we lost a whole classification of supposed the most beautiful singers because we stopped cutting off little boys balls. Doing the same to your pet isn't going to hurt them, it'll just make them a better pet.
>>
>>1995754
>comparing wildly different things to try and make a point
you need to lie down and count to 10
>>
>>1995761
>Missing the point
I think you need to learn how to count to 10, being that stupid and all.
>>
>>1995762
>This guy
>Calling someone stupid
>Still missing the point
>>
>>1995762
except you weren't making one point, it was several different tangents just to bitch about a board you're still posting on you moron
>>
>>1995767
>>1995768
Where was i wrong though? You self righteous faggots will find any reason to downplay some as a horrible owner.
>>
>>1995668
Be honest with us, OP: you don't actually give a shit about how your dog feels, but rather, how you feel about your dog. Regardless of how the dog actually feels(although most certainly, he won't notice it, while he'll probably notice that those urges that he hasn't been allowed to satiate goes away, causing him less stress), the main problem here is that you project your own sense of masculinity, as conditioned by society as it might be. If your dog considers himself a "guy", it's just his hormones thinking, and those will be neutralised by the neutering process

>but if your kid is acting a little too hyper in the classroom you don't lobotomize him
It's called ADHD, and many parents choose to medicate their children for it. It isn't that much different from choosing to neuter your dog for behavioral reasons.
>>
i mean youre right about SOME things
>>
Eh, I haven't owned any dogs personally, but with an indoor cat, neutering seems necessary to prevent spraying, and with an outdoor roaming cat, it's necessary to reduce the population of strays, which are a serious problem. If you can have an intact, indoor only cat that doesn't spray all over your house and saturate it with the smell of piss, then good for you, that's your business.

Also, can someone explain to me why neutering specifically is cruel, but spaying is not? I feel like the people against neutering are generally projecting on and anthropomorphizing their animals, so from that perspective the idea it's okay to spay and not neuter feels almost sexist.
>>
>>1995776
>people against neutering are generally projecting on and anthropomorphizing their animals
you're pretty spot on. the shelter I'm at is in the same building as a low cost spay/neuter clinic, and the number of dudes I hear whining about "muh dog won't b a real man!! muh bro!!" is ridiculous. but the second spaying is brought up they couldn't care less. it's pretty sad.
>>
>>1995781
Like, as a female I would hate having my ovaries removed or however the procedure works and killing my sex drive. But I just can't project that feeling on my cat because they have different bodies and have sex so differently, so I really can't relate to how they feel about sex, though it's just a cat so I can't help but assume they don't have much opinion at all. So with that feeling and the overall advantages to spaying I think it's the right choice.

And then I take that feeling about it over to neutering and I just cannot get why guys are so attached to their animals' balls.
>>
Quite frankly, I wouldn't neuter my dog if my city didn't require it.

If I didn't want to neuter my dog, I'd be fined $300 a year.

The "aggression" isn't an issue for me as I am not a lazy owner. The getting another dog pregnant wouldn't be a problem for me either. What it came down to is money. Him being at less of a risk for testicular cancer is a bonus.

That being said, removing an animal's reproductive organs isn't animal abuse unless it causes unnecessary pain. The procedure is quick, simple, and the pain is effectively managed with either anaesthetic or post-surgery painkillers. The animals don't care that their testes/ovaries are gone. They don't know they're missing anything and it doesn't impact their quality of life. An animal doesn't need to have babies to have a good life.
>>
>>1995668
Get accustomed to your pillows, cushions, and guests getting humped.
>>
There are far to many strays out there and millions of animals in shelters almost half of these animals have to be put down. So get your pet fixed so your not a contributer.
>>
Posting in a troll thread
>>
>Can someone explain to me how neutering a pet ISN'T a form of animal cruelty?

Looks like you wouldn't care either way.
>>
I've never gotten any of my dogs neutered, because I to dont like the idea of it. I dont let my dogs run around wildly though and anytime it socializes with other dogs(or anything else for that matter) I supervise them. The only issue I ever had was with my femals bleeding a bit which washed out. I dont care if other people get their own animals fixed though, it does make complications extremely less likely incase your animal ever managed slip away or youre one of those assholes who lets their dog/cat free roam outside
>>
>>1995668
not cats and dogs, but can't female ferrets die if they go into heat and aren't pregnant?
>>
>>1995755
Just because they don't know that it's immoral doesn't mean that it's moral
>>
>>1995838
I don't understand how irresponsible petowners stray their pets and why the fuk did they get a pet in the first place. Every now and then even a group of stray dogs roam my neighborhood and call animal control to catch them.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 311x162px
Is getting your animals castrated an American thing? Is it pushed as hard in other countries? I live in the U.S. and every time I go to the vet they are pushing me to get my puppy fixed when he gets of age. it's almost to the point where it comes off as a vet needing to make a car payment.
>>
>>1995927
Third world countries just let stray dogs roam free.
>>
>>1995668

Can't speak for the male of the species but females need fixing early on to avoid mammary cancer later in life. You really don't want that shit on your conscience.
>>
>>1995933
There's a serious misconception about what is usually done to stray dogs in third world countries implied in that statement, but I'm not going to address it.

Now, about domesticated dogs and cats, I ain't gonna make sweeping statements about all third world countries, but I do know that in both Chile and Brazil they push it very hard. All shelters must have their animals neutered, for example, but I think that's pretty normal, right?
>>
>>1995880
They'll die if they go into heat and can't mate. So if you have an unspayed female, you need an intact male--or at least one that's gotten a vasectomy.
>>
>>1995939
I've worked in two shelters and interacted with many others. haven't come across a single one that adopts out unfixed animals. it really wouldn't make sense for them to anyway
>>
>>1995672
effective* not affective
Not trying to nazi you, just saying you look like a moron when you don't know the difference. I got cho back, nigga.
>>
Trash thread. Nobody fucking cares.
>>
>>1995668
The funny thing is, most irresponsible owners have intact animals. Hence why dog mauling often occur with intact animals.

The reason spaying and neutering is so big is because people are trying to get the shitty owners who let their animals randomly breed to fix their pets. I don't think one way or the other is 'right', but there are more people who have intact pets and shouldn't, than the other way around. This is obvious with the amount of homeless animals euthanized in shelters (inb4 'it's not the breeder's fault!', it is because any breeder worth it's salt will take their animal back if the owner can no longer care for it). Hating people for having an intact dog is silly, because most ways of obtaining a dog through responsible and humane methods means the dog may very well be fixed. Many shelters and rescues require their dogs to be fixed before they can go home, and any decent breeder will have their dogs fixed or have adopters sign a legally binding contract to get them fixed at the appropriate age.

>>1995946
The American south has shelters that actually do not fix their dogs when they are adopted out. But the American south also euthanizes dogs by literal barrels and ships very adoptable puppies out all over the country, and still has a huge dog overpopulation issue and even feral dogs. Borderline 3rd world country when it comes to animals. It's not nearly as awful as Gambia, Spain, etc though

What is the anti-spay/neuter's thoughts on chemical castration, where the animal keeps their hormones and their tackle but can no longer breed? That way the anti-fixing crowd can have their balls and hormones, and the anti-fixing crowd can have their inability to potentially breed
>>
>>1996297
true true, I'm on the northwest coast so the culture is very different. and it's no coincidence that the south also has far lower spay and neuter rates
>>
>>1995683
3 things:
1.) Do you not know how to take a screenshot?
2.) Your picture doesn't prove anything since the isn't a (you) by any of those post #s
3.) I'm not the guy who posted #1995681
>>
Random question, at what age do male cats start spraying, and do they ever -not- spray everything? Is it at all possible to train out? Or should I just go ahead and get him fixed? I wanted to wait till he was at least a year ol but I'm worried he'll start spraying before then.
>>
>>1995891
They don't suffer the loss like an human would. They don't feel uncomfortable from it. They literally don't care. Hence,it's not immoral. It's just you projecting on the animal.
>>
>>1995683
Let me guess,do you let your cats outside?
>>
>>1996329
*Sometimes* cats will not spray IF they don't feel the need to mark their territory, but it's a very hit-or-miss thing. They may feel the need to mark their territory if there is another cat outside, if you smell weird, if there is another animal in the house, etc. Cats are territorial by nature, but it's worsened once intact and they have reached puberty. Cats can become fertile as young as 4 months old, and I've seen many 6 month old cats give birth (gestation is roughly 2 months). So before they are 4 months old would be best, but before 6-7 months is a must. Is there a reason you are waiting so long? For dogs there is the issue of the body growing without hormones, but cats do not have the same issues as dogs do; there is no study that shows there is an increase in health issues that sometimes pop up in dogs when neutered too early, even as early as 8 weeks old. There is no medical reason for leaving kittens intact.
You can read more about it here
http://messybeast.com/antineuter.htm

It is not something you can easily train out because it is in their nature, just like it is in their nature to use a litter box. If your cat sprays, that's sort of the end to that.
>>
>>1996347
Thanks for the info, I was a bit worried about health and not growing right, so ya I was thinking of waiting. He's going on...five months now I think so it's been on the back of my mind.
>>
>>1995810
>The getting another dog pregnant wouldn't be a problem for me either
Stopped reading there
>>
>>1995678
>I have a fenced yard he doesn't try to escape. He doesn't roam off when we go on hikes.

if I had a nickel for every time I heard this from an owner whose unfixed dog ended up at our stray-intake shelter after "never doing this before", I'd have enough money to pay for all the god damn unwanted puppies they make
>>
>>1995788
This exactly. Plus I like to think about it this way: I don't want my animal to reproduce, and thus I have to prevent them from ever having sex. Whether this is keeping my cat inside or always having my dog on a leash, in order to be a responsible pet owner, I have to be responsible for my pet's sex life as well. Thinking about it this way, I think it's kinder to spay/neuter; taking away their desire to have sex removes the anguish of never being able to satisfy their sexual urges, or at least the anguish of constantly thinking about reproducing.
>>
>>1996385
It's less "muh precious fluffems has never done done that before" and more "This dog has all the opportunity in the world to attempt to fuck as much as his heart desires and he doesn't take it"
>>
>>1996381
why would it be a problem for me? I keep my dog indoors, he's always on a leash when we go on walks, and we live on the second floor of an apartment. what female dog is he magically going to find that is accessible to him?
>>
File: gofuckyourself.jpg (32KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
gofuckyourself.jpg
32KB, 500x390px
>>1995668
> It's probably a stretch to compare them to humans, but
srsly
>>
File: image.jpg (927KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
927KB, 2592x1936px
The only problem with neutering is that it makes stupid emptional people's feelings gee hurt, like yours op.

The animal doesn't feel the same way about its parts as a human does.
>>
>>1996476
He is going to be sexually frustrated his entire life. He feels the instinct to breed but he has no woman. Remove the balls and he will less frustrated.
>>
Does neutering make tomcats smell less strong when it's done in adulthood? I live on a military base and we've got a stray cat hanging around taking advantage of the fact we're all sappy fucks. He's getting fed, has been taken to the vets for a mild respiratory infection, and can always shelter in a hanger or other outbuilding at minimum though he usually charms his way onto someone's bed. He doesn't spray inside, but he does smell quite tomcatty and I suspect he'll have a better chance of sticking around if no one can complain about that.
>>
>>1996532
it can help, their urine smells god awful. But it might not make him odorless.
>>
>>1996506
It feels the same way: "i shall not lose any of my parts"

And gonads are some of these parts, also neutering is just the easy way, instead of training and educating the pet.

Neutering is for owners that wish their pets will just lay there without any motivation of doing anything, and be there for them as emotional sponges; basically they want to treat them as objects, not animals.
>>
>>1996562
That's not what a neutered animal is like though. You can train an animal all you like, but you literally can't train a female animal not to go into heat and have all the behavioral changes associated or tell a male to stop wanting to mate.
>>
>>1995668
>have a pet with intact testicles
>it wants to mate
>won't let it mate
>poor pet is constantly frustrated
Can someone explain to me how not neutering a pet when you aren't a breeder ISN'T a form of animal cruelty?
>>
>>1996562

>educating the pet.

Confirmed for balls over the wall retarded
>>
Many western countries who don't practice sterilization still manage to boast much lower per capita stray populations than the US. Widespread sterilization is one proposed solution to the problem of overpopulation, but it turns out that educating owners and holding breeders accountable seems more effective.

100% of show dogs and a good majority of dogs involved in dog sports and working activities are intact. That means some of the most accomplished and best-behaved dogs in the world are still intact. Intact dogs are trained to ignore the mating impulse just as they are trained to ignore other natural impulses. One example, a dog's natural impulse is to run free, yet we train them to walk on leashes.

So while people push the idea that 100% sterilization is the only way, we overlook the bigger issues of ignorance and lack of accountability.
>>
>>1996589
>countries without pet overpopulation don't need pet population control
No shit.
>>
>>1996562
This might be applicable if we were just cutting their nads off when they were conscious, but we don't. They go to sleep and when they wake up, they're aware of pain in their scrotum/abdomen (females). They don't miss what's been taken off; you don't see cats curled up staring forlornly or confusedly at their empty ballsacks. Gonads are simply a thing that is, and then one day they go to the vet and suddenly they're a thing that is not.

Christ, most animals don't even give a shit over their medically amputated limbs.
>>
>>1996362
Honestly, unless it's done REALLY young (like 6-8 weeks) I haven't heard of adverse effects in cats. Half a year will be just fine.
>>
>>1996589
Well, yeah, no one is saying you can't train most of the inconvenient behavior out, but why not just take the easy way?
If the animal isn't going to be bred, what is wrong with neutering? Dogs don't tie their sense of manliness to their balls, cats aren't going to angst over never having kittens, etc.
>>
>>1996589
>100% of show dogs are intact
That's blatantly false though; there are dog shows specifically for neutered/spayed dogs. Giving that you seem to be spouting information out of your ass, I'm going to need sources on your other claims before taking your post seriously.
>>
>>1996594
You can't teach a bitch to not get fucked, I've tried. Dogs just don't have the lips to blow a rape whistle
>>
>>1996476
Aside from the fact accidents happen and many people that swear their animal will never get out do eventually have a slip up, the way that you worded it sounded really shitty.
>getting another dog pregnant wouldn't be a problem for me
Sounds like you implied you wouldn't give a shit if your male dog knocked up someone's bitch, because you wouldn't be the one with a pregnant dog.
>>
Population control is a big issue when our civilizations have made it possible for them to never have to hunt for food beyond digging in a trashcan
You sound like a cat lady/NEET and you clearly wouldn't understand but domesticated animals need a checked population otherwise you have what happened with asia and monkey
>>
>>1996589
>hurr in OTHER COUNTRIES

yeah, and the RSPCA also euthanizes half or more of the stray dogs they take in annually. they really aren't better off
>>
>>1996562
You are retarded.
>>
>>1996666
Quads of truth
>>
>>1995933
Is that why it's a huge problem. In the south. American south. Where most of Americans stray dogs come from.
>>
File: 20151101_161611.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151101_161611.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>>1996598
You just haven't gotten the right breeds. Some are very lippy.
>>
>>1995683
have you really taken a picture of your screen?
>>
>>1996788
screenshots can easily be edited with paint if anything this is more reliable.
>>
Here is some information on neutering:

http://associationofanimalbehaviorprofessionals.com/effects_of_neutering.html

http://www.naiaonline.org/pdfs/LongTermHealthEffectsOfSpayNeuterInDogs.pdf

http://www.akcchf.org/news-events/news/health-implications-in-early.html

http://webcanine.com/2007/research-on-neutering-and-spaying/

http://www.appliedanimalbehaviour.com/article/S0168-1591%2801%2900153-8/abstract

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0102241

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22647210

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1790014/

http://www.thedogplace.org/SPAY-NEUTER/considerations-canine-athelete_zink.asp

The science is in.

1. Neutering provides some protections against certain cancers.

2. Neutering INCREASES the risk of a lot of other cancers.

3. Neutering INCREASES the risk of hip dysplacia

4. Contrary to popular belief, neutering INCREASES aggression in dogs, particularly dog-human aggression.

Do not do it.
>>
>>1996507
I already said I neutered him bro. I'm just saying I did it because of the city statute rather than for the worry of any aggression/behavior/contributing to the stray population problems because I keep an eye on my dog.

>>1996609
ah, that I can understand
>>
>>1996827
Aren't you tired of posting the same shitty links over and over? You know you're just posting shit articles, opinion pieces and flawed studies.

Come back when you have info from unbiased, reputable sources.
>>
>>1996827
ah the shitposter is back

don't worry buddy, everything vets, certified trainers, and animal behaviorists learn are wrong, not you!
>tfw he actually believes this
>the type of faggot that believes anything if you call it a study
>>
>>1996841

>>1996843

You think pubmed and PLOS are opinion pieces?

You don't know much about science, or how peer reviewed research works, do you?
>>
>>1996846
your claim that neutering makes dogs more aggressive is absolutely ridiculous with just one or two studies to back you up, even if peer reviewed, based on the fact that quite literally everything in veterinary medicine and animal behavior says otherwise.

but regardless, I'm not going to argue with a faggot that thinks Google makes him an unbiased scientist or some shit. have a good night
>>
>>1996848

Provide some countering evidence.

And veterinary medicine says otherwise: Testosterone is a serotonin uplifter.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14509157

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25497691

Removal of testosterone results in less serotonin, which increases the likelihood of anxiety and fear (hence the reason SSRIs are used to treat anxiety disorders in both humans and dogs).

This is basic science, simply calling some a "faggot" doesn't actually offer a rebuttal. Indeed it appears that you don't have any countering facts to offer at all.
>>
>>1995668
Dude are you kidding? They do the same shit with kids but they use drugs instead. A kid acts a little too much like a kid during class and they pump him full of riddilin and "mood stabilizers "
>>
I heard neutering can really fuck with chemicals in dogs' brains. Are there people out there that'd actually do a dog vasectomy?
>>
>>1996900

Yep. You need to go to a vet who has been trained to perform that surgery though, which can be expensive.

If you have to get your dog neutered, zinc neutering is the next best thing. It will only render the dog infertile but only reduce testosterone output by about 50%
>>
welp, looks like "but MUH STUDIES REJECTED BY ALL BUT A SMALL MINORITY" guy shit up the thread. time to abandon ship
>>
>>1996920
it's only approved for dogs between 6 - 10 months though
>>
>>1996507
Wow, it's like people in this thread don't even jack off their dogs...
>>
I trust Bob Barker over any of you anons
>>
>>1996848
Just because dog attacks on people are much more likely with an unaltered dog doesn't necessarily mean unaltered dogs are more aggressive. But it does mean that people with unaltered dogs are more likely to be shitty owners.
>>
>>1996476

I had a dog get out of the house once. He was an unaltered male. I found him four miles away tied with some random bitch as half a dozen other dogs waited their turn.

That whole sense of smell thing? It works. A dog can smell a bitch in heat from the other side of the damned planet.

Just get him cut. I think neutering should be held off on until the dog is an adult just to avoid skeletal problems, but other than that it's harmless. They don't miss their balls. They just don't have the urge to run for miles looking for snatch.
>>
File: bluecat.jpg (10KB, 318x294px) Image search: [Google]
bluecat.jpg
10KB, 318x294px
Yes, lets' leave the cats unneutered.

Having a female that cries loudly for hours on end because she's horny, has strongly scented piss no catbox can really ever cover, and leaves blood spots everywhere is not appealing. She was always trying to get out and unhappy that her body was yelling at her "SEX SEX SEX!!" but she could do nothing about it. After we had her fixed she seemed so much more content and spent a lot more time purring and pretty much zero time looking for open doors/windows to escape through.

And male cats? Oh god. Your walls will be covered in cat piss and scratches. Your friends with cats will also be covered in scratches as his territorial instinct kicks in. Kick him outside and you just add to the feral population as he'll find strays, fuck them, and end up with FeLV from the sex and fighting. If he has all his shorts, why the hell havn't you gotten him fixed, too? He'll actually be mellower and more fun to keep around. It's just responsible.

If you're running a registered cattery (GTFO backyard breeders) that's one thing. You also probably have cat diapers your pets wear whenever outside of their kennels. If not, just get them fixed. It's better for both of you.

Pic related: cat diaper.
>>
What is with this thread and all the people thinking neutering = spaying. I thought /an/ was super uptight about getting this shit correct.

If you want a catch all term for both you can just say "fixed."
>>
>>1997289
People = lazy and not picky on semantics.
>>
This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen.

We spay and neuter our pets to prevent homeless animals being euthanized in shelters just because no one would take them.

My dog is spayed, my cat is spayed, and I will continue to be a responsible pet owner by doing that for the rest of my life.
I will not be held accountable for the deaths of many animals that mine gave birth to.
>>
>>1996827
Frankly I don't give a shit even if these studies were 100% objectively true. Pet overpopulation is a much more real problem to me than an increased percentage risk of such and such cancer at some point in their life. All dogs and cats should be spayed/neutered by default because people are fucking stupid/irresponsible and can't be trusted not to let them go about breeding at whim, adding to an already exacerbated problem.
>>
File: 1319208342717.jpg (58KB, 433x422px) Image search: [Google]
1319208342717.jpg
58KB, 433x422px
>>
>>1997295

Erm, if you need to surgically alter your animal to keep it under control you're not a responsible owner. You're just another lazy and dumb owner who can't be bothered to train or house it properly.
>>
>>1997351

Just fucking give it a rest already.
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 500x333px
Is eight months too late for neutering a male cat?

We're concerned that his recent aggressive behaviour isn't gonna die down, at least that's what we've been told
>>
>>1997289

Neutering IS a catch-all term. Castrating/gelding is specific to males, spaying is specific to females, neutering just means to surgically sterilize and can be used for either sex.
>>
>>1997333
This.
All of this.
>>
>>1997388
It's never really too late to fix your animal unless it has developed a health issue of some sort that would make the surgery risky, such as a bad heart murmur. If your vet detects something that may put your animal at risk, the anesthesia is reversed and the animal does not undergo surgery unless you say so (although some vets will still outright refuse to do it.).

I can't guarantee neutering will make your cat less aggressive. 'Aggressive' is a very broad term when talking about animal behavior, and is hard to diagnose by just a description. Your 'aggressive' may be him playing rough, not having a bite inhibition, being scared, being territorial, etc. When I hear a cat actually being aggressive towards people, I assume it's either a medical issue causing pain or it's a feral cat, as cats have been bred for centuries to not be aggressive towards people.

Neutering will keep him less pre-occpied with mating, which may make them less territorial and in turn, possibly less 'aggressive'. He will still probably be territorial to an extent, however, like most cats are. Neutered cats also are no longer spending every minute trying to get laid, so they burn less calories and therefore, may gain weight. This can be fixed by playing with your cat in substitute for your cat getting bitches
>>
File: bob.jpg (22KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
22KB, 300x225px
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.