[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The last few days, my husband kept "accusing" me of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4331.jpg (865KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4331.jpg
865KB, 2448x2448px
The last few days, my husband kept "accusing" me of being really easily upset, which is true to some extend, but i feel like he also said some rather unnecessary and mean stuff. (Like that i'm not allowed to make pasta again in the next 4 years because i gave him some leftovers to eat at work 2 days after we had it at home and he can't eat that again, soon... come on...)

Today he asked me what's the matter with me and why i'm in such a bad mood.
I told him that it takes me a lot of effort and nerves to be disciplined with the medical advice i need to follow (i'm in the last phase of pregnancy and got diagnosed with gestational diabetes, which means i have to be on insulin. Basically, i have to prick my fingers 6x a day, have a very strict meal plan that i have to follow religiously and i have to inject insulin daily).
His comment was "so, do you plan on being that grumpy for the next 8 weeks?".
To which i responded that i didn't plan any of this and that i just want it to be over. I also won't be able to give birth at home, like it was planned, i actually have to go the total opposite route and that honestly is quiet upsetting.
To which he said that "we can't always have things the way we want it". Which i KNOW, but it's still not funny and it ruins my mood.

So, i need advice on how to handle this. On one side, i understand that it's not exactly easy to be my husband atm, but somehow i feel like he could also be a bit less demanding. We're also in the midst of moving and have a child already, i guess it's just a bit much atm.

Am i asking too much? Am i being bitchy and moody? Do i need to pull myself together?

I really can't tell anymore...
>>
little of column a, little of column b maybe? can you talk to him calmly without getting overwhelmed and getting upset?
>>
Sounds like he's a real quality jackass.
>>
>>18731879
I tried today. He asked me what's the matter, so i told him, but after his answers (see above) i just didn't have the patience to keep this conversation up, so i told him to let it be since we can't change the situation anyways and probably have to just sit it out. Actually, it hurt when he said "do you plan on being so moody for the next few weeks". It's not like i decided to be moody for no reason. I'm just overwhelmed and i don't think that's unreasonable. I guess we just aren't on the same page about this.
Ofc i will try my best to not let it interfer with how i am with others and to cheer up again, but i won't be able to pull this off perfectly and sometimes i just don't want to be on guard and be sad and annoyed about the situation.

He already went to bed and i have to stay up despite being exhausted because i have to eat a late night snack at a specific time and inject the insulin in a specific time frame.
Maybe he will wake up when i get into bed and we get a moment to talk, what would you suggest i'd tell him?
>>
From the way you're portraying him op he sounds quite self centred in general. Being a dick like that to your heavily pregnant recently diagnosed with diabetes wife, he's not coming across well at all but you must have married him for a reason... When you talk to him just explain your perspective and ask him to be a bit more understanding. If he's a prick in response then you might have just married a prick
>>
>>18731927
I really don't think he's a prick at all. I think the issue is more that he feels helpless, since he can't do anything to make things easier. He asked me what he could do to help me, but i couldn't give him an answer despite "be patient with me".
I mean, what COULD he do to feel like he's helping?
>>
>>18731898
nothing beyond a light kiss an "i love you" and a "goodnight". fresh out of a dead sleep is one of the worst times to strike up a serious conversation and try to iron shit out lol. stick to warm fuzzies tonight and leave the conflict resolution for tomorrow.

you're both under stress, you're moving, you've a child to care for, and you specifically are heavily pregnant and recently diagnosed with a giant pain in the ass little bonus complication. i don't know what being pregnant is like (and serious props to you because i never plan on finding out) and monthly hormones don't fuck with me to a point it's difficult to control so i'm not even going to try to figure out if you're overreacting, i'm just gonna tell you it's maybe not the thing to be too focused on. given all the circumstances listed i can't even imagine anyone who'd say it's not understandable if you're a bit oversensitive at the moment, much less fault you for it. so if you're faulting yourself for it, stop. if you're trying to tell yourself you're not oversensitive when you are because you don't like being that way, cut yourself some slack and stop. that way you can let yourself say "yeah i'm oversensitive right now, can you cut me some slack too please and help me get through this?" instead of feeling wounded by the words when your husband says it. and when he says stuff that's hard to hear or unfair of him to say, whichever the case may be, ask him gently to hold his tongue and just stick to whatever the issue at hand is. you guys gotta work with each other. letting pride or frustration or whatever else get in the way of that is going to be counterproductive. "catch more bees with honey than with vinegar" and all that, yeah? and whether it's with him or with others, if you get overwhelmed, excuse yourself and take a minute to gather your composure if you need to. no shame in that.
>>
>>18731984
Problem is that he works shift and we don't really have a different moment to talk undisturbed than this one... i would never try to have a serious conversation with him right after he woke up otherwise. I know it's unfortunate, but sadly my only option.
He specifically asked me to wake him up when i get into bed, but i'm not sure yet if i'll do it since i don't like disturbing someone who's peacefully at sleep.

Yeah, you're right. I guess we all just have to take it a bit slower atm and not expect things to run perfectly smooth. Thanks a lot for letting me rant and giving me some perspective. I already feel better.
I'm going to bed now.
Take care, kind anon
>>
>>18732010
>i don't like disturbing someone who's peacefully at sleep.
hah! kindred spirits we are then, i'm the same way. if he asked you to though then of course do so. if you guys get to talking, specifics would help i think.
>he could be less demanding somehow
about what? in what ways? that's what i mean by specifics. give him something to work with.

goodnight hun, congrats and best wishes to you both!
>>
Sounds like youre on that emotional hormone roller coaster that comes with being preggers. While your husband may actually be unreasonable try to realize that your usual woman crazyness is currently being amped up to 11 and likely to overeact to anything and everything.
The way you phrased him asking about your mood looks like your framing him as a dickhead, but he is legit just trying to understand why you arent your usual level of crazy hes used to dealing with.
Baby on board = mood swings and shit to the extreme. He might be a little dumb for not knowing this already though.
>>
>>18731847
OH MY GOD ARE YOU ME
Right down to the term, cliché sayings by my husband, moving, third tri complications, second child, home birth option gone. Wow.

Personally if something doesn't sit right with me I pursue it until it's made right. I would rather sit up all day and night talking shit out then let it eat away at me. I'd want to get to the bottom of whether it was just something said in anger because it's been rough for him too but he is genuinely sorry for hurting your feelings, or if he was just trying to be a dick and is making it a chore for you to get what you need emotionally and especially more for you now since you're his pregnant wife. If he can't show contrition and was just giving a hard time when you're both going through so much, I would throw him out without hesitation.

BUT that's just me. The pasta thing doesn't sound that mean. It definitely sounds like you guys need to sit down and communicate though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.