[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I talk to my mom? I still live with her because I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1471817927104.jpg (162KB, 898x709px) Image search: [Google]
1471817927104.jpg
162KB, 898x709px
How do I talk to my mom?
I still live with her because I'm not american and it's normal to live with your parents here until you get married.
She cooks for me and sometimes I cook for her but during our meals we only trade 1 sentence before either of us stop talking.
The worst feeling is when we go out to eat and everyone else is talking like functioning human beings but she's on her phone all the time and I don't know how to talk because I'm a self diagnosed autist and I use my phone to browse 4chan through Clover to break the awkwardness.
HOW do you talk to your parents?

I have no hobbies or anything interesting going on in my live apart from 4chan or stuff she doesn't care or is interested in or just plain boring.
>>
I grew distant with my parents too and now I'm trying to reconnect. It might help to ask how her day has been at work and let her blow off some steam. Also, it's good if you show you're interested in her hobbies or whatever, even if she doesn't reciprocate.

It won't come as close as having a normal conversation with someone you have actual chemistry with, but it might be a good start to warm up to each other again.
>>
>>18731463
You will never get married so just get an apartment and move out.

I would then go further than that. I would move to a completely different region in the world and live and work there for a few years.

You will never truly grow up until you've lived and worked outside your own conuntry, far away from you parents and your comfort zones.
>>
It's ok not to talk during meals.

Not being able to talk about important stuff is where it gets unhealthy.

But as someone else said, try asking about her instead.
>>
>>18732552
How arbitrary. You don't sound very grown up.
>>
>>18732552
The reason i say this is because i've lived in the same neighborhood as my mom for years, abd you have no idea how destructive that shit can be. Youre a 25 year old man, maybe even 30 and your mom still knocks on your door to check that you have taken the vitamins she bought for you.

It is unhealthy for grown up men to live like that. Break lose as soon as you can.
>>
>>18732571
Thats sad because im supposed to be. I mean, legally and physically.
>>
If you want to talk to your mom, ask her about her interests, ask how her day was, and maybe even tell her about your day, even if it was boring. I'm sure she'd appreciate it. Or maybe even find a mobile game or app you both like seeing as she's on her phone a lot.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.