[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://gamequitters.com Is this believable? >only been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

https://gamequitters.com
Is this believable?

>only been interested in vidya all my life
>sunk cost out the ass, enormous backlog, cant find time to try anything else because then i wouldnt make use of my high end pc
>still often feel the need of a life change, to nearly drop gaming entirely, reduce it to maybe local couch coop only
>want a future where i spend these hours on exercise and music instead, but constantly fear relapsing to return to being a bored lazy zombie in front of my pc
>but when i ask people about it, they go "games aren't the problem, it's you"

I already have a job as an occupation, before you ask. All the money I earn pretty much goes toward food, rent and backlog.
>>
So are you asking if that gamequitters thing works or just in general?
>>
>>18731219
I guess both
>>
>>18731204
The true way to quit is to install Linux on your gaming computer. You'll learn some valuable IT skills and itll be hard to play most games besides source engine and some indie games.

But yeah, you need to quit gaming. I quit after high school, and my friend has been playing since then (PUBG, LoL). In the two years since our paths diverged I got better at hobbies: learned piano, read, went to school, got a gf, etc while all he does is work his pizza job and play vidya. There was a month where his computer was broken and it was great! We played chess and explored the city, made some friends, but he just fell back into old habits. That's just my anecdote to convince you gaming isn't worth the time.

It is true that the games aren't the problem and it is you, since it could be any other addiction. The steps to quitting are the same as any other vice:

1. Stop playing games
2. When anxious about not gaming, find something better to do.
3. Find friends that don't excessively game and do what they're doing as long as it's healthy
>>
I go to the gym 4 days a week, make my money playing guitar, and still play a few hours of games on my nice pc a day OP. If thats all you want it is definitely achievable and all it takes is you sticking to the new things and not giving up for a little while til you get used to it.
>>
>>18731434
Alright, I understand and even agree. But what do I do about my habit of shitposting on /v/ and discussing vidya with the only few friends I have left?
I feel that even if I quit, I'll have nearly constant reminders around every corner that videogames exist, and that could be enough to make me want to go back?
>>
>>18731204
just remember that it's not an all or nothing thing, even for drug addicts it's ok to casually use drugs but once it consumes your life is when it becomes a problem.

You need to work on self control and discipline.
>>
>>18731564
Sadly I've always, ALWAYS been a very "right or wrong", "black or white", "yes or no" kind of person. It's partially what tore my relationship apart, broke up just months back.
I still don't know how to handle that. I fullheartedly agree that "all or nothing" is stupid, but it's still what I decide to do out of habit, something like that? And then when I obviously fail at doing "all", I go back to doing "nothing".
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.