[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The classic question: What age is too old to be living at home?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 56850514[1].jpg (90KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
56850514[1].jpg
90KB, 400x300px
The classic question: What age is too old to be living at home? And could you date someone that still lived at home?

[Leaving this intentionally vague]
>>
File: 1463840408015.png (248KB, 481x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463840408015.png
248KB, 481x500px
>>18730679
>What age is too old to be living at home?
I've lived independently since I was seventeen (however that's more than twenty years ago so it was much easier than it would be today). I'd say that if you're not under your own roof by about twenty then you seriously need to start applying yourself. It depends on your financial circumstances though - saw an ad for a 2 bed flat to let in my town the other day, £850 a month. For comparison, the mortgage on my 4 bed house costs me around £1,100, so staying at home to save up a deposit and avoid working to pay off someone else's pension is more than acceptable.

>And could you date someone that still lived at home?
My ex wife and on/off gf of the last twenty six years is in her mid forties and lives with her parents (which is largely my fault desu). Makes no odds to me what so ever. As long as one of you have your own space you can both chill at it doesn't make much odds who's name is on the lease.
>>
>>18730679
>>18730751

There is no choice or state in life which is inherently better than another and anyone who tells you that xxx is better than yyy is probably trying to compensate for other deficiencies by pointing out a way in which they are better than you.
>>
>>18730758
>>18730751
>>18730679
I should clarify what I mean when I say "better than you." I don't actually mean better, but people assume because they
1. did something before you
2. did something faster than you
3. did something better than you
4. got more girls than you
5. have more fun than you
6. are stronger than you

makes them better than you.

Ignore all this, and just leave your life in a way that makes you happy because than you will never have to ask yourself terrible questions like this.

have a good night.
>>
>>18730679
I left once at around 20, came back for a few months and left semi-perm at 22 (long story there), left for 3 years till I had to move back at 25 (end of uni/start of grad program), and have happily lived at my own place since (I'm nearly 30 now).

Personally, I believe the age that you start stepping on your brothers/sisters/parents toes is the time you should leave. You need to grow as a person, and living at a home where you have to walk on eggshells isn't a good environment.

What age is that? Whatever age it happens at; it varies.
>>
I'm 24 and I still live at home. I just finished uni at the end of last year, and if I didn't live at home, I wouldn't have been able to finish studying debt-free. I've also been able to tuck some money away in savings and my SO and I are planning on buying a house together sometime in the next year. It's probably not normal for me to still be living at home at this age, but I'm probably better off financially than about 95% of people my age.

As for whether I'd date someone who lives at home, of course. At the very least, I'd be a hypocrite not to.
>>
>>18730679
I don't think it matters for a girl, but for a guy I say 30 is the absolute limit (am 30 myself)
>>
also OP this is only an issue for western cultures. Eastern cultures always live with their family all the time.
>>
For me, the sooner the better. I moved out at 16. But I'm just that kind of a person, need my own life and space. As a rule for everyone tho, I'd say; if it works there need not be a limit.
>>
>>18730751
>Europoor
Housing is expensive in commiefornia
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.