[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me, /adv/, I've realized I don't belong anywhere.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: AngryBird.jpg (27KB, 415x423px) Image search: [Google]
AngryBird.jpg
27KB, 415x423px
Help me, /adv/, I've realized I don't belong anywhere.

I'm 24, Canadian and very traditional in my beliefs. I get called old fashioned and outdated a lot, and I'm starting to believe it.

I'm a deeply romantic person, and I want to fall in love. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I want to be the love of a woman's life some day, but I can't see that happening. All the girls I know are in their "party phase", having lots of sex and all that, and I obviously don't see the appeal. What is a man to do? Hope that one day he'll meet a lady with the same values? Live a life of loneliness? Kill himself?

I just don't know anymore.
>>
>>18730418
Same thing here. I'm pretty young (19), and I've had this same problem.
I would like nothing more than to go into a steady, relatively routine-based relationship.
I also have a problem with inexplicably developing crushes on too many people.
>>
>>18730418
It isn't outdated or old fashioned to want genuine love. You are holding out for something you genuinely desire, and not compromising is something truly worthy of admiration.

If no one you know is like the girl you are holding out for, then meet new people. If you were to settle, you would be just as unhappy after a short period, or even worse off, then if you were to just wait. Never give up, because your search will only truly be hopeless when you are also hopeless.

So in conclusion, stay strong, don't crack under the pressure, and keep looking.
>>
>>18730418
bumpe
>>
>>18730418
Hold on my Canadian brother. I can tell you that girls like that do exist out there but they are rare and worth looking for. Don't make the same mistakes I did by getting caught up with girls who aren't what you want. You'll just put yourself through uneeded misery. You'll probably find a girl like that at a church youth group to be honest.
>>
>>18730523
I dunno, I'm already 24, I'd feel weird dating someone from a youth group.
>>
You're still stuck in the 15-year old mentality when it comes to idealizing dating and love. Others around you have grown up and moved on. You should do the same. You're setting yourself up for a life of loneliness and misery in your youth, followed by a desperate relationship where you will take in any girl out of need. Let me guess, you have never asked a girl out or set up a dating site account, and are hoping you will just bump into the girl of your dreams automatically?
>>
>>18730600
>Let me guess, you have never asked a girl out
I've done that several times.
>set up a dating site account
And done this. POF, OkCupid, Match...All the free ones.

>You're still stuck in the 15-year old mentality when it comes to idealizing dating and love
How do you infer this by me not wanting to date skanks?
>Others around you have grown up and moved on
I wouldn't say that, either.

Let me be clear: I want to fall in love with a woman and start a family. Sleeping around and dating sluts does not aid me in this.
>>
>>18730418
Canada is a pretty decadent land nowadays, I guess. But there are certainly some girls within religious communities who would fit your requirements. You could find them online through christian dating sites too. It's really up to you to make it happen.
>>
File: ANGRYMOOSE.jpg (236KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
ANGRYMOOSE.jpg
236KB, 800x533px
Bump.
>>
>>18730418
get into a relationship with an older chick? Girls go through phases, 18-26 it's the 'fuck, i like fucking' phase. After 26 they start wanting something more, around 30 they can hear their biological clock ticking like captain hook and that crocodile.
>>
>>18730418
Same here anon women just aren't like they used to be. All we can do is dream about it. Long ago men used to think as we did. We're all that's left of traditionalsm.
>>
>>18731358
Why would I want a "used up" woman whose best memories are behind her?

Not to mention fertility starts declining at 25, and I want lots of kids.
>>
File: calmthefdown.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
calmthefdown.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>18731369
What? Fucking what? Like literally, what? You listen to too much fox news. This '25 fertility' thing is bullshit. As a child of a 29 year old i am the smartest person i know. Physically i am a motherfucking specimen. Ubermensch should have a photo of me. Not being egotistical, well ok yeah i am but if you cut out the extreme ego driven response i am still above average physically, mentally and even emotionally. Way above average.
>best memories are behind
Same could be said for you if you think that way. Which you shouldn't because we don't live in the fucking middle ages you've got another 60 years for fuck's sake. You're 24, you're still a kid, literally. You're not an adult, you may be able to vote, drink and buy shit but don't think you're mature in any way shape or form. I can see that from your post and response. You're like that kindergartner that thinks 20 is ancient. Get over it. You have a rigid idea on what people, life should be like. That idea is not based in reality whatsoever. You need to adapt to reality because reality can't adapt to you.
>>
>>18731405
First of all.
>This '25 fertility' thing is bullshit
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-112136/The-female-fertility-clock-starts-ticking-27.html
Any man who can't even google that is far from an ubermensch, my friend.
>Same could be said for you if you think that way.
I've not spent my years partying and having sex with hot guys, though. Why would anyone be happy with the knowledge that you get the tablescraps after the meal has been eaten?

>Which you shouldn't because we don't live in the fucking middle ages you've got another 60 years for fuck's sake
That doesn't change a thing about basic biological facts like declining fertility and the potency of bonding chemicals released mid-coitus being inverse to the amount of sexual partners one has.

>You have a rigid idea on what people, life should be like. That idea is not based in reality whatsoever. You need to adapt to reality because reality can't adapt to you.
Reality was a certain way for a long time. It lead to this, it lead to you. Do you think modernity is an argument in and of itself?

But let's say I do marry a woman whose fucked her way to a biological clock case. After that woman has my children how the fuck can I expect to have a fulfilling marriage? She fucking settled, and she'll know that.
>>
File: brogame.gif (497KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
brogame.gif
497KB, 500x346px
>>18731457
Point 1: What? You're quoting the dailymail as a reliable source? Sorry friend.
Point 2: That's your ego talking, get over it. A person has a right to fuck whoever they want. Granted it's easier for a female but just because they have an 'inney' and you've got an 'outey' doesn't degrade them in any way. You think sperm accumulates? That a vagina can get worn out? Fucking LOL. I can write a response to clarify but i'm going to hit the word limit. If anything experience makes them more mature.
Point 3. Big words, total bullshit. You know a woman can only get pregnant at a certain time right?
>inverse to the amount of sexual partners
Again fucking what? A woman bonds empathically, emotionally. It has nothing to do with their vagina but everything to do with their brain. This bonding chemical bullshit sounds like inexperience and emotional immaturity.
>Reality was a certain way for a long time
Not reality, society. Big, huge, motherfucking monstrous difference. Modernity is a valid argument. Again, word limit. If i ever hit canada i'd like to buy u a beer and talk some more.
>She fucking settled
Your last point is related to point B. A woman bonds via emotions, a man via experience. This is a great divide for you because you expect a woman to have the same mentality as a man which is impractical.
>>
>>18731457
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk
LOL
>>
>>18731509
Holy shit end your life you repulsive fucking beta
>>
>>18731509
I used a source I figured someone like you would find reputable. Here, have another.
https://extendfertility.com/facts-figures/fertility-statistics-by-age
>That's your ego talking, get over it.
My ego talking, is it? Would you be okay with the knowledge that the woman of your life has slept with many men, with the knowledge that you're the silver medal?
>That a vagina can get worn out?
They actually can, but that's not what I meant.
>If anything experience makes them more mature.
So your argument is that a woman who made poor choices and fucked around is more mature than a woman who decided not to?
>Again fucking what? A woman bonds empathically, emotionally. It has nothing to do with their vagina but everything to do with their brain. This bonding chemical bullshit sounds like inexperience and emotional immaturity.
All we are is a result of beautiful chemical reactions within our brains. Here, have a source.
http://people.howstuffworks.com/love7.htm
>Not reality, society. Big, huge, motherfucking monstrous difference. Modernity is a valid argument. Again, word limit. If i ever hit canada i'd like to buy u a beer and talk some more.
Modernity isn't working well, is my point. People are more miserable than ever. Suicide rates have skyrocketed. Whatever modernity entails, it clearly isn't helping many.

>A woman bonds via emotions, a man via experience. This is a great divide for you because you expect a woman to have the same mentality as a man which is impractical.
That undermines my argument how? Are you saying women don't know they settle for a lesser, stable man? Because if so, I have bad news.
>>
File: dailywhatevs.gif (2MB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
dailywhatevs.gif
2MB, 500x334px
>>18731546
Lol. Y are u so butthurt? Only emotional retards think beta/alpha. If you can't stand up for yourself in your own fucking relationship then you've got severe mental issues. I'm not talking alpha, that's a form of extremism. It's a metaphysical ideal not related to actual physical reality. That's why it's so hard to digest for all you immature fucks. Get over these catch phrases it's only fucking with your head. You view woman as objects, i see them as people. I've had so many women that it numbers in the triple digits. Not a boast, it's just life. If a woman saw me like you see females then, well i'd probably get stoned in the streets. I'm not a stag, chad or whatever, I've just lived life. I don't give a shit what happened before me because i know that physically i've got a cock and the moves to get the deal done. Emotionally i can interact, keep things interesting and that's my end of the bargain. Which is by far more important for a woman. Women bond, men conquer. Both is what happens subconsciously in a relationship but it's total bullshit.
>>
>>18731579
>you're the silver medal
Why? You think what, that the woman has been dumped by every man she dated before or vice versa? Well actually yeah but what i'm getting at is that a woman doesn't 'settle' on whatever comes along next. Do you? You have an ideal in your head, my friend, an objectification placed on a pedestal. Reality just doesn't work like that.
>All we are is a result...
This is a physical interpretation. It's like saying we have no free will which i will debate furiously.
>they settle for a lesser, stable man?
People are people. We are not generic, we have different tastes, interests and values. Our discussion is a case in point. A woman- or man for that matter isn't a failure because a relationship ended. It happens. Basic lifestyle is a goal sure, financial stability, kids, etc. But those things change person to person. Not to mention we live day to day, minute to minute. What's good for the goose may not be for the gander.
>>
>>18731608
Women are commodities, nothing more and nothing less
>>
File: b8.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
b8.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>18731759
>>
Sounds like you're letting your social circle define every woman in the world for you right now. Consider traveling, or at least expanding borders somehow.
I've met plenty of "old-fashioned" women who would be enchanted by your views on love and sex. Personally, I think it's bullshit, but hey, who am I to judge?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.