[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When people in their twenties say they miss their wild teenage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: giphy.gif (498KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
498KB, 500x375px
When people in their twenties say they miss their wild teenage years I get confused. What is it that they could do on nights out/partying that they can't as people in their early twenties?

I guess I never really went out as a teenager so only have the show Skins and anecdotes about high school parties to go on. Are teenage years really that much more fun than the rest of your life?
>>
>>18730379

It's probably got more to do with how people got to do things the first time when they were teenager. It's easier to feel like the first fumble with a girl or the first drink of alcohol was "wild" when it was the first time and everything was exciting and new. By your 20s you're fairly used to it and it all stops seeming so wild and fascinating if you started early. They don't miss being a teenager as much as feel nostalgic about how it made them feel.
>>
I guess there's a sensation of total freedom that only comes from breaking the rules.
That's kind of paradoxical but when you are actually free of doing whatever you want, you don't FEEL as free as you do when you disobey authority.

That plus nostalgia.
>>
>>18730390
Hmm, as someone who only got to do those things in their twenties, they didn't seem all that exhilarating even though they were the first time
>>
>>18730379

There's a lot less time to do things. More time worrying about bills. Real responsibilities. When you're a teenager, for most people, your parents are throwing you money to go do stuff. You spend six hours in school, with weeks to months of breaks, and every possible holiday off.

Most people haven't gotten fat and are in the best shape of their lives. You have a consistent area to meet other people your age and see them regularly to date and figure out who you might be into.

And yeah, the ragers were awesome. I also like adulthood, but it's a completely different game.
>>
Just think about it for a second.

In your teens, you weren't chained by personal inhibitions or quips about personal/financial/societal costs to doing things. In your 20s, you begin to assume adult responsibilities, you begin to understand the unattended consequences to your actions, your brain matures and you're not as likely to say, "yes" to stupid shit, and your body begins to slow down (you can't recover quickly anymore from pounding 12 beers).
>>
>>18730379
I don't get it either. I fucking hated living with my mom, so once I was on my own as an adult everything was better. I think a lot of people see responsibility and paying your own bills as a burden, but I liked keeping my bong on the living room coffee table and walking around naked more than I hated paying bills.
>>
>>18730461
I don't see how paying bills and having minimal responsibilities (unless you had a kid) has much to do with it, surely you can still be just as wild?

Aren't you still in the best shape of your life in your 20s?

>>18730470
What kind of stupid shit?
>>
>>18730516

No, I work 40 hours a week at minimum. My evenings are limited and I have to be sober enough to get through the next day. I have to clean my house. I have to make sure my bank account doesn't drop to zero because otherwise I won't eat or have a place to sleep. As a broke teenager I may be a little bored, but my parents would make sure I was eating and sheltered.

I may still be in good shape, but many people are ruined by spending all week at their desk eating unhealthy food and drinking all day.

The responsibilities you have are nowhere near as minimal as when you're a teen.
>>
>>18730532
Now that you're working you have way more money than a teenager, way more money to spend on nights out

Don't you have to be sober for school?

Don't you have to sit at a desk all day and eat unhealthy school lunches as a teenager? Your body doesn't change that much in your twenties unless you develop an eating problem

And could you explain what was especially awesome about these 'ragers'?
>>
>>18730477
Yes I love the privacy and freedom too, not to mention a lot more money to spend
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.