[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET looking to escape this lifestyle and make something of myself.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: electrician.jpg (129KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
electrician.jpg
129KB, 1024x682px
NEET looking to escape this lifestyle and make something of myself. I'm too much of a moron to go to college for academic things, are the skilled trades worth looking into? At this point I know I'm pretty much screwed and stuck as a blue-collar worker for the remainder of my days, but there seems to be a big demand for the trades right now.

Anyone in the trades care to talk me into/out of this? Which trade would you recommend? The money isn't really important, I just want to get out of my dad's basement and stop feeling worthless.
>>
Join the military. That's what I did.
>>
Just started class to be an electrician and it's the best choice I've ever made.
>>
In trade school to be hvac.
Good to have a trade that's in demand.
>>
>>18729963
The world will always need plumbers, electricians,HVAC techs, etc etc etc - honorable and high-paying professions , all of them.
>>
ex neet here

dont bother

life doesnt get better, you only have less free time

>>18730151
yeah unless you're 17 years old it's a little too late for that
>>
Being an electrician is fun, you get to be in cool new buildings and joke around with your other electrician buddies

Working in the trades means unrestricted top tier banter on the job

I went from being a programmer to wiring security systems and couldn't be happier
>>
Electrician apprentice here.

If you want to be an electrician, try finding an apprenticeship through the ICE (independent electrical contractors) or the IBEW union.

Org is easy to get into, union is harder and has a few hoops to jump through, like simple math test and an interview in front of 6 men that are union and NECA representatives.

Union has the best pay and benefits.

It's decent work. Will be hard on your knees and back. Falling from a ladder is more likely to put you in the hospital than electrocution. But you can still get shocked if you are careless, especially if you are doing a remodel project.

Personally, I'm hell bent on going back to school for accounting or finance. I feel like im wasting my potential. Lot of demoralizing talk amongst the journeyman I've work with.

I still recommend it if you have no better option.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.