[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've fallen into a vicious cycle. I grow more depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Feel.jpg (83KB, 573x400px) Image search: [Google]
Feel.jpg
83KB, 573x400px
I've fallen into a vicious cycle.

I grow more depressed the longer I isolate myself and the lonelier I get.
So I try to go out and meet people and make friends but I become so anxious I reel myself back into the isolation.
I put myself back into seclusion, lose motivation to try, and the cycle repeats.

I believe "introverts/extroverts" are bullshit but the best way to describe me is an introverted extrovert.

I've become so angry with myself, the world, or whatever higher power there is because I hate that I'm like this and I'm unhappy.
It doesn't seem fair that some people never think about killing themselves while that's a normal thought for me.

Is there a cure for severe depression?
Like a be all, end all cure?
>>
>>18729024
Yeah killing yourself but that's lame. I like living more personally. Feel better Anon
>>
>>18729024
There is no easy cure for severe depression, because it's all in your head and the way you perceive the world. Identify reason for your anxiety with other people, fix that either farmacologically (moclobemide) or otherwise, Next, once you find friends it will be easier. You won't be alone, thou choose your frineds carefully. As someone with limited social contact previously, you might make not real friends. Look for honest people, who are dependable. I'be never thought about suicide, because I'm too much of a coward, and I still see that despite all my severe faults I'm still needed for the others. I'm dead inside, maybe but I can't die not just yet.
>>
>>18729024

the cure is to come to terms with why you are really upset because you realize how important it is to overcome.

the more you practice thoughtfullness and not knee-jerk reactions, self awareness etc, it'll eventually make sense.
>>
M 27.
I've found myself in recurring cycles just like those the past 5 years. Relapsed after making giant leaps in various aspects of my life too.
All i can offer is that a healthier diet, plenty of water, sun and physical activity effects my mind. I need to satisfy those needs before i can think clearly and pull myself out.
Also, find the friends you actually want, don't settle. i found that once i met those people i was much happier and less anxious. Look for friends with similar interests.
>>
Just pop a xan man
>>
>>18729024
>I believe "introverts/extroverts" are bullshit but the best way to describe me is an introverted extrovert.

This is because you don't seem to know what those words mean. Social anxiety has nothing to do with introversion. Everyone needs social time and private time. Extroverts need more social time while introverts need more private time. That is the jist of it. You can be highly introverted but still need some socialization to remain balanced. That often means spending time with one or two close friends if you are introverted. Meanwhile extroverts enjoy being around a lot of people but every now and then they need a few moments alone.

It is also a spectrum and not one or the other. Those that fall somewhere in the middle of the spectrum are know as ambiverts.

To solve your problem is easy. Force yourself to get out there and talk with people. You start getting anxious and want to go back well then you can either give in and continue being miserable or take the bitter pill and power through it. Once you get to know someone you will naturally feel less anxious around them and then you are set but until then you will struggle.

Maybe try looking into if there are any social anxiety support groups in your area. I know the concept seems like an oxymoron but they do exist and it would be a lot easier for you to sit in a room with another person just like you and hardly speak for 15 minutes than someone trying to get to know you personally right away.
>>
>>18729024
You're not introverted - you're suffering from social anxiety. Cognitive behavioral therapy and/or medication can help.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.