[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have 130 IQ (professionally tested) >Competent programmer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

>Have 130 IQ (professionally tested)
>Competent programmer and Linux sysadmin, but no degree/certs
>Apply for Dominoes, Walmart, fast-food/retail places
>Don't have any work experience or references (at 22 years old)
>Can't get job; not worthy enough

Society obviously doesn't want me to work, it's telling me I'm not needed.

Then you would complain if I get welfare.

I'm honestly thinking about going to a psychologist and pretending to be mentally ill for disability checks.
>>
Get an internship/go to a job shop/ask the government for work.
>>
>>18728915
>Get an internship

No one wants me even for literal slave labor.

>go to a job shop

I don't have a car or any money to get there.

>ask the government for work

I live in the US, government jobs aren't easy to get at all.
>>
140iq here

Give me 50 pushups
>>
OP, I'm telling you this from experience. In the real world, when looking for jobs, no one gives a flying motherfucking shit about what your IQ is. Literally. No one cares.

Also, no one cares if you can program unless you have at least an Associate's degree. What do you do with your time right now? Do you live with your parents? If you do, I would highly suggest that you commute to a local community college and earn an Associate's, if you actually want to program for a living. Then you have credentials you could look for a job with.

No one wants to hire someone that states on their application they have absolutely no work experience whatsoever, especially at the age of 22. Look for things that could potentially count as work. Did you work for your parents? Have you volunteered? If not, start by looking for volunteer work, so you have something to put down on your application. You can claim this work made $0/hour, if you are asked how much you made.

There are definitely ways for you to find a job. Remember, psychologists have PhDs for fuck's sake. They will smell your bullshit from a mile away, even if you do a lot of research on mental illness. And even if you managed to get a diagnosis, most of the time, requests for disability checks from mental illness are denied, even if the person is schizophrenic. In the event you actually did get a check, you'd be looking at around $200/month, and I'm just saying, there's no plausible way to live off that.

You just sound really immature, and need to try a lot harder than putting in 3 applications, getting denied, and not trying anymore.
>>
>>18728907
If your IQ is so high why did you waste your money on a test? Tell me that one smartie pants
>>
>>18728922
These are some bad excuses. Unless you look like a shady character trying to rip them off no employer would turn down free labor unless they already have too many people.

Take a bus or do an online jobshop

Government jobs are easy as shit to get. You know all those people cutting grass or planting flowers on public property? That is the government work.
>>
File: latest.png (1MB, 1439x1079px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1MB, 1439x1079px
>>18728915
>get an internship

engineering student here

saying that is equivalent to just telling him to get a fucking job. Nowadays it is very difficult to get employed without someone in house recommending you for the position.

>>18728907
I feel it OP. Yoou literally just have to find a way to socialize and get to know people who work in companies. True fucking story:

>live in bay area
>come from socal
>visit friend in socal and hit up a local bar
>on our way out talk to some drunk girls
>one keeps poking me in the abs
>she wants the D
>tell her im an engineering student in norcal
>she works in livermore and hires engineering interns
>tells me she'd hire me in a heartbeat and give me her email
>next day look at my phone and all I have is a blurry ass picture of her email address

I mean, I probably wouldn't have gone through with it anyway because I don't want to feel like I'll be fired if I don't fuck my boss, but it goes to show you that socializing is everything nowadays. Go to a bar and talk to as many people as you can. When you bump into the right person make friends with them and try to get them to recommend you. It's fucked up but that's the current meta of this god awful over saturated job market.
>>
File: 1501176396615.jpg (88KB, 502x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501176396615.jpg
88KB, 502x600px
>>18728907
>130 IQ
>>
>>18728941
>Take a bus or do an online jobshop
I don't have money to take a bus that far, you gonna pay for it?

I have $0 and no car, and no family to drive me anywhere or give me cash.

I applied to every job within walking distance.

>Government jobs are easy as shit to get.
Sure.
>>
File: aXm3649xjU.jpg (107KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm3649xjU.jpg
107KB, 650x650px
>>18728951
This is a very witty picture
>>
>>18728942
I didn't say get an engineering internship. You can do that anywhere. Go into a coffeeshop and tell the owner you will work for free in exchange for references on your resume since you have none. I have a friend who did that exact thing.
>>
>>18728953
damn bruh

just go homeless lol
>>
>>18728957
>Just go to Starbucks and beg to work for free

End-stage capitalism
>>
>>18728953
Well if you can't afford the $4 to get on a bus then I guess the question is not so much how are you going to get a job as much as how are you going to stay alive for the next week.

Try prostitution since you automatically turn down all real answers.
>>
>>18728961
I said coffeeshop not some shitty chain place. The fact I said owner and not manager should have tipped that off.
>>
>>18728963
>Well if you can't afford the $4 to get on a bus
Any "job fair" is no doubt 50+ miles away from me. That's a lot more than a $4 bus ride

I probably wouldn't even get a job anyway, and if I did, how would I get there?

>>18728963
>Try prostitution
I'm a guy, also not gay, and female sex is something guys have to pay for, they're not gonna pay ME for it.

There's a reason over 99% of prostitutes are female, and the male prostitutes that do exist almost only serve male customers.
>>
>>18728957
>work for free to get a reference
>from starbucks

You are working for free for literally nothing anon. That reference will not get you a single thing.
>>
>>18728985
You have work experience and references. Can't complain you nobody will hire you because you have none if you have some.
>>
If you are so smart, why don't you have a degree or certs?
>>
>>18729005
Those cost money, you gonna pay for them?
>>
>>18728957
Haha, "work for free". This sucker might as well volunteer at the food bank or something else. Instead of asking for a job he won't get unless hes friends with the owner.
>>
>>18729007
Sure, give me your financial details and ill give you the money. Include your SSN, date of birth and mother's maiden name
>>
>>18728907
>have sub 130 IQ (unprofessional guesstimate)
>Competent understanding of mechanics, but no degree/certs
>Apply for at an oil company
>Only have 10 years of prior experience in food industry, apart from 1 year of construction
>Have plenty of work experience and references (at 26 years old, because been working since 16 and only had 3 jobs, which showed company loyalty and upward mobility)
>Make like $70k/year

Society obviously repaid me for all those years of working shit jobs, it told me I needed to get a better job.

lol muh high IQ.
>>
>>18728939
> In the real world, when looking for jobs, no one gives a flying motherfucking shit about what your IQ is.
That's not true. In my field (software dev) pretty much every company is going to make the applicants take an IQ-like test (Numeric reasoning, logic problems solving etc.). The "IQ is a meme" thing is a meme.

What kind of advice are you expecting, OP? There isn't a "how to make money" step-by-step guide. We can only give you ideas that may or may not work, ideas you probably already thought about.
>go to college/get certs
>apply for manual labor jpbs
>create a strong programming portfolio and use it when applying to entry level jobs in the field
>move to a different area
This kind of shit. It's very hard to give any kind of decent advice without knowing all your circumstances (where you live, exactly how much you know, what opportunities you have, what is your financial situation etc.) and even knowing these things it would be pretty hard to come up with a "good" solution. There is no solution that will make you happy and content tomorrow. Or next week. A lot of people struggle with this kind of issue for a reason. Resolving it takes time, effort and patience. For someone who supposedly has such a high IQ you sure are clueless.
>>
>>18728907

Build an online portfolio and then lie. I've been in the computer industry in the past and never had certs; lied a couple of times, people rarely check as long as you sound competent.

Also, do Kroger. They'll hire just about anyone. Or go to a staffing agency and just tell them you're looking for anything. If you can pass a drug test and a background check, you can get a job right now. Then if you're as smart as you say, work yourself up the ladder. That's what I did because I lacked work experience; if you work among 'tards, you'll shoot up quickly.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.