[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you say to people who say they want to die because they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1440370154373.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1440370154373.gif
1MB, 500x280px
What do you say to people who say they want to die because they feel like worthless failures and that they're just a pest to everyone and a burden to society?
>>
>>18728616
As somebody who wanted to die because they felt like a worthless failure and that I was a just a pest to everyone and a burden to society:

I don't know.

I'm feeling better now that I've made some improvements on myself, but there's nothing anybody could've said to me that would've made me feel better. The problem was that, objectively speaking, that self-criticism wasn't far off the mark.
>>
''Walk the talk''
either kill yourself or dont but dont go around screaming your head off that you want to die
>>
>>18728892
>I'm feeling better now that I've made some improvements on myself, but there's nothing anybody could've said to me that would've made me feel better.

What if someone told you to improve and offered to help you do it?
>>
>>18728616
Tell them to cut the bullshit and start working towards being a useful member of society. Crying and killing themselves wont get them anywhere.
>>
>>18728903
For me, money was the issue. So if somebody offered to help, I probably would've turned them down just so I could avoid actively being a burden. I understand that technically, accepting help that somebody offers isn't being a burden, but I'd have perceived it as such.

Depression hijacks your brain and fucks up your line of thinking.

The only thing that really kept me going instead of just offing myself was when the "call of the void" got really strong, I'd eventually get to the point where I'd start counting down important things on my fingers.

My best friend's wedding.
My younger sister.
My mother.

The wedding thing in particular might seem a little strange, but when somebody tells you that they want you to be their best man, it means the world.

Looking at it like that, it sounds like you're here on behalf of somebody else. I guess offering to help them is one thing, but if you really want to drive that home, you should communicate to them in a very potent way that you give a shit. I can give advice to you on that but I just want to double check before I go too deep on that topic.
>>
File: jung.jpg (71KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
jung.jpg
71KB, 850x400px
>>18728616
DON'T.
That feeling you have, it's only temporary. Not only that but the pain you feel, you may alleviate it by killing yourself but you're going to spread it to those that you love.
I want to kill myself, right now, but i won't because i will spread that to numerous other people. I don't want to be responsible for that. I know my feeling is temporary, that I will feel better maybe not soon but eventually and that feeling of no longer wanting to die? That's an achievement, proof that i not am only here to exist but to achieve.
>>
>>18728616
You post it on 4chan in hopes that they see it :^)
>>
Sometimes things suck. For some more than for others. And that's completely fine. If you're under the impression that things shouldn't suck or that there's something wrong with your or the world if things suck then you are naive. There's nothing wrong with it, that's just how the world works.

When things suck you have 3 options:
1. Try to make things better. For many issues that can work. If you're poor, lonely, bored etc. there are usually things you can do to make your situation better. But there are limitations and you can't "solve" every problem. So because of this the better alternative is usually to
2. Take responsibility for your feelings and try to change them without changing your objective situation. The thing that's responsible for your sadness, depression, anxiety, etc. is your own mind, not the external world. Sure, that influences it, but your mind is what ultimately decides how an event or a set of circumstances are going to affect you. So you can try to shift your ideology, beliefs and values in a way that your current issues don't affect you as much. This is not a simple task, but it usually works better than self improvement if all you care about is being happy.
3. Kill yourself. I'm not trying to be edgy or insult you. This is a legitimate course of action. If you want to die then, by all means, die. Of course, most people don't really mean it when they say they want to die, otherwise they would be too busy killing themselves instead of whining about how bad their lives are. But if things suck so much and you're so bothered by it that you're miserable all the time then suicide is an actual solution.
>>
>>18728616
You probably aren't worthless, there is a reason why you were born, and the reason why things went this way, reason why you feel like failure is because you fell, many people fall, but fewer get up, everyone deals differently, but one thing is certain. When we fall we shouldn't be alone. We should have friends and family supporting us through our darkest moment. Through this you can see who really cares about you. Second thing is you are not a pest to society, society is a leech on you, which gives you scraps from the table to be in this state, what you need to do is work and fix your life one by one, not easy, you will fall, but most important is not to give up. You are only burden to society if you don't try to improve yourself in any way. Smallest thing matter, quitting smoking, There are moments when everyone is a burden to society, key is to rise again and try again. Unepmloyed salaryman is burden to society, but he might find another job, is he still a burden?
>>
The real trick is to realize that no humans have any worth beyond that which they have for each individual.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.