[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not cut out for this world, lads. Everything frightens.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1504966630831.png (838KB, 3240x2752px) Image search: [Google]
1504966630831.png
838KB, 3240x2752px
I'm not cut out for this world, lads. Everything frightens. All the shit I see in the news. The thought of suffering a loss in my lifetime. I don't want any of this. This is my thought process right now and for the last 3 months. Any advice?
>>
can't control what happens. can control your actions and your reactions. loss is a part of life, appreciate what you care about and make the most of it
>>
File: tumblr_nhowzhGGaO1u4auwto1_500.gif (2MB, 480x256px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhowzhGGaO1u4auwto1_500.gif
2MB, 480x256px
>>18727851
>>
>>18727851
We live in scary times right now to be sure. The only way we can change this world is one day and one person at a time. Try avoiding the news for a while amd try to find the joy in your own life and share it with others. Love everyone and judge no one. We all have to share this planet together so we might as well try to do it as friends.

Loss unfortunately is just part of life. We all experience it at some point. It's never easy but you can always cherish and look back fondly at the time you had together.

I believe I'll see them all again one day in heaven.
>>
>>18727851
Get a decent therapist and start treating yoirself for anxiety. Literally all the advice is gonna be either this, or some variation of
>just calm down, what the fuck is wrong with you
so go for professional help.
>>
>>18727851
Read meditations by marcus aurelius. It's a pretty good book with some easy advice on everyday situations. It's also cheap.
Seriously, buy it now. Today. Worst case scenario you have a book on your shelves that makes people think you're smart.
>>
File: 173890624.jpg (116KB, 489x612px) Image search: [Google]
173890624.jpg
116KB, 489x612px
>>18727851
Go see your doctor. If you're offered SSRI's- take them! If you're offered therapy or CBT - take it!!

>SSRI medication helps improve your natural serotonin levels in the brain
>Therapy will help unload any negativity you have or explore any traumas you had.
>CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) helps you 're-wire' your thought patterns.

Also
>Eat healthier (a balanced diet is good for serotonin - your brains feel good chemcial)
>Workout! Or if you don't like gyms- find a sport like basketball/football... Again this helps release endorphins and serotonin in the brain
>Educate yourself on religion and science . Find God or even just something to believe in

All of the above helped me through severe depression and crippling anxiety. I'm basically a new man! I now realise how my past lifestyle of laziness and reclusiveness had a massive effect on my mental health issues.

>oh and ban yourself from news websites and /pol/... that shit will eat you up!! I've been off /pol/ for nearly 2 years.. I browse /fit/, /x/, /sci/ mostly but have been trying other boards too.

Good luck Bro.

I'll leave you with the following quote from pic related:
"He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr Samuel Johnson
>>
>>18727851

all I can say is your mind is testing your patience and you need to learn to put it in check
>>
>>18729119

by focusing on your hobbies
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.