[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when you admit that people dont really like you,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: tobioo.jpg (21KB, 229x253px) Image search: [Google]
tobioo.jpg
21KB, 229x253px
What do you do when you admit that people dont really like you, and make fun of you when youre not there? I was avoiding it for a while
>>
>>18727075
Make new friends?
>>
Stop being an annoying retard is what I'd do

You remind me of a guy who is nice and means well but has zero social skills, zero tact, and has offended everyone in the department by constantly asking unrelated questions, asking people if they want chocolate, and not taking the hint that people aren't in the mood to talk
>>
>>18727080
i just dont understand. anything.
>>
>>18727075
>makes fun of
>doesn't like
pick one
>>
>>18727090
I think I secretly hoped that my quirks would only help others see that I was a misunderstood genius.
>>
>>18727075
This is the moment you realize you think you've been playing someone but realize they were just playing along because they were bored.

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>18727097
*hugs*
>>
>>18727107
please, dont do that. i dont try to play anyone, ive just been fooling myself into interpreting their responses in an overly positive manner because i was running from how average i really am.

>>18727137
thank you, anon.
>>
>>18727144
>positive responses have a positive effect

Who would have thunk it
>>
>>18727157
I meant they were basically tolerating me.
>>
>>18727097
You can get away with doing weird shit if you are actually a genius and have authored research papers. There were really fuckin weird folks in my physics department but it was fine because they were thinking of quarks and shit and couldnt think of normal things, sleep, or of how to shower. But you are not actually a genius, and people can sense that, so dont try to pretend to be what you are not.
>>
>>18727080
I got agree with this anon, this kind of people is utterly annoying, and they don't even realise this, look at yourself and how you behave, see if you can relate to anything said by this anon, and work on it.
>>
>>18727166
You don't really mean that. You guys felt hurt from that one post and this was your way to get back at me. Come on, it doesn't take a genius to realize this. I know you guys more than you know me.
>>
>>18727097
did you tip your fedora at them? that part is crucial
>>
>>18727186
What? I am lost
>>
>>18727213
Same
>>
File: babybat_zpsfzwfhskf.png (126KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
babybat_zpsfzwfhskf.png
126KB, 480x360px
>>18727186
>>
>>18727077
This.
>>
>>18727080
So should I just avoiding talking to people? Since I don't know how to "behave" properly.
>>
I am similar to you in a way, but I watch people and when I catch any hint of back talk and disrespect its time to limit my already weak communication to the barest minimum. Watch yourself, and focus on your own growth, and do not extend your compassion too much, except to those truly in need. And be a genius too instead of thinking you're one, like the other anon said. That's very important.
>>
>>18727783
Read up on the Five Geek Social Fallacies. Especially one.

Geek Social Fallacy 1: Ostracizers Are Evil

>The idea here is that those who exclude others are evil. Given that many geeks and nerds were the unpopular kids in grade school, this mentality is understandable: those who excluded us, hurt us, and so exclusion is evil. This isn’t entirely bad; taking an inclusive approach to people and groups can be helpful to everyone. The danger comes from when you are so inclusive that you are unwilling to exclude those who hurt the group. There’s always that jerk or creeper friend that you have who you like to hang out with on occasion but don’t want them around all the time. GSF1 prevents you from actively preventing them from being around, so you start planning events in secret, hoping they won’t notice, or your events just get awkward real fast. Or you just stop doing things altogether.

http://www.plausiblydeniable.com/opinion/gsf.html
>>
>>18727806
Well, normal people really don't feel guilt over ostracizing someone. One ex-friend of mine kinda said I was doing gsf1, trying to be befriend everyone and "it wasn't necessary". But now I'm the one people don't like and don't even tolerate, I don't know what to do.
>>
>>18727806
op here. thanks for this.
>>
>>18727799
thanks man. i do think i need to work on making clean retreats... and yeah at one point in my life i was seen as a genius, even in uni. but i think i cling to it because i was bullied badly too. highs and lows.
>>
Don't speak more than you need to, and try to get their patterns and jokes.
The more time you spend silent & listening, the more time you spend understanding how to socialize with said people. Later on, when you're confident (or when they address you actively because they will sense you're being too silent) you'll be able to talk to them as if you're one of them. Or at least close to that.

That's what I do in every new place. I listen, I understand the themes and the kind of people, and then I'm able to blend in. If I don't follow these rules, I'm always fucked.
>>
>>18728349
I'm confused. Who's POV is this written from? This can be viewed from mine and yours t b h
>>
>>18728349
this is really, really helpful.
>>
>>18727821
Wrong... "normal" people don't ostracize others. The funny this is, the people who think they're better than others, clique types lol they're the real messed up, insecure ones. I pity them but normally I don't give them even that much thought.
>>
>>18727806
I read through this one. This pertains more to my 'comfy' friend group. We go through all 5, but we have stuck around since middle school, so we've already gone through all the dramas. However, I do think staying with them prevents me from thriving in any other social situation. My usual plan of action is to sense what kind of person I am expected to be by any one person, and leap to the occasion. However, I was unaware that people were aware of this, that I was fake. More than a few, in retrospect, have taken offense. Not just to my fakeness, but to how little I offered despite my initial enthusiasm. It still confuses me greatly, so I apologize for inconsistencies. But in any case, those 5 things allowed me to see that some quirks we consider normal do not have to be that way.

>>18728349
In new situations I feel pressure to say certain things. I am new to the idea of being concise.

>>18727077
They have no fault. I want to improve myself to be more adaptable.
>>
>>18728446
It's funny you take offense and immediately aliken it to clique-y people, because that is a sign you 'have' gsf1. We are talking about normal people who value their friend group and dynamics, and not being afraid to tell off someone who tries to ruin things. Ever have a friend try to bang your friends sister?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.