[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1/3 i'm 26 years old, trans mtf, and have 3 roommates;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 9

File: 1384122211091.png (138KB, 500x457px) Image search: [Google]
1384122211091.png
138KB, 500x457px
1/3

i'm 26 years old, trans mtf, and have 3 roommates; two gay men (A and B) and their mother (c). i don't know what to do, i can't afford to rent my own apartment, and i don't know how to find roommates, my current friends are all struggling with money as well. my current roommates are arguing very loudly every single day from 7:00am until 10:00pm, minus a few hours in the mornings and evenings when "A" leaves to do care-taking. when "B" argues with "C" or "A", he turns his electric voice box machine up really loud and makes sure to keep the buzz running after he's finished talking; will kick the dinner table during dinner when arguing with"A" and slams things in general. "A" is constantly making very loud, sudden, and rude noises throughout all hours of the day, starting at 7am. i have to constantly have headphones in where i live, and when i get out of the shower i hear my roommate "A" burp really loud right when i open the door, or during dinner, or otherwise any other time when my headphones aren't in. i can hear his voice behind his burps, trying to project them louder or longer. he does this every 20 minutes or more frequently. i ignore him when i'm in the same room although over the course of 15 months, i've become increasingly irritated by this. the bathroom is always constantly getting drool and other disgusting things spilled on the floor and everywhere from "B". can't refrigerator, "B" threatens to contaminate the food in the fridge, has thrown away my food that i bought, has made false accusations and called the police multiple times including once where i just got out of the shower and officers with guns drawn came in the house.
>>
>>18726792
2/3

"B" has contaminated my dinner plate when it was on the table before dinner and got caught by my other roommate. "B" threatens to kill himself and he is addicted to opiods and will get really high, causing him to act irrational. i have to have a lock on my door when ever i go out of the house; "B" has stolen products from my room and gotten caught with them weeks later. the room i rent is crammed full of things that don't belong to me, including the small closet. i have to fold the majority of my clothes and stack them up, there's no room for furniture in this room. for the last year there has been rats and cockroaches running rampant throughout the house at night. when i left for a vacation, rats chewed their way in and left rat crap all over my floor, bed, and closet.
>>
File: 1384632845676.jpg (247KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1384632845676.jpg
247KB, 850x1133px
>>18726795
3/3

3/3 i don't know what to do, i'm going to college full-time and have about 3.300 in my savings account, and just got back from a trip in california and am looking for a part-time job asap.

i have my license but not car, and my bike tires just popped today. i don't even like the state that i live in.

honestly i try, i really do. i've been feeling really depressed lately though. i have no family to help me, but i'm 26 years old and have nothing to show for it. i try to stay positive
>>
If you're a full-time student at a university, check out dorms. They have roommate roommate compatibility forms with the application. Idk if you're on loans or what.

There would be RAs patrolling the dorms.

Apply for scholarships and/or student aid. You are a student, and you are just a number, and that number is your GPA plus work experience and secondly extra curricular.

Finally, if you don't have a major declared, computer science is good. Its really not that hard, it just has a learning curve.

As motivation, imagine your future after the bullshit.
>>
>>18726822
thank you, i'm going to a community college, because i just started school. they don't have dorms, and no roommate programs either. i would love to live in a dorm though. i've been looking on online roommate websites with no luck :( i'll check out scholarships and explore that option, thanks. you're right about the motivation, i want to be able to afford to take care of myself and maybe have a family one day.
>>
How about try being normal instead of being a snowflake seeking attention?
>>
File: 1479632703613.png (125KB, 801x722px) Image search: [Google]
1479632703613.png
125KB, 801x722px
>>18726846
actually i'm not seeking attention, i'm seeking advice lol. even irl i don't like attention unless it's from close friends
>>
File: 6saS7jH.jpg (53KB, 606x600px) Image search: [Google]
6saS7jH.jpg
53KB, 606x600px
Talk to your comm college counselor or seek out on campus resources.

>>18726846
Fuck you.
>>18726854
I've been in a fucked up roommate situation before. It makes life extremely hard.

Be on campus as much as possible (?).

Real talk, if you're a first generation college student (your parents didn't go) and you're a minority/sexual minority (in contrast to racial minority), include your challenges and how you overcame them on your university application. This coming from a cishet white guy. Schools will eat that shit up.

Construct a narrative for yourself, that is true but also presents you in a positive light.

All successful people have their narrative. Regardless of their background or affiliations.
>>
File: 1394073233727.png (43KB, 175x196px) Image search: [Google]
1394073233727.png
43KB, 175x196px
>>18726887
i am a first generation college student, and lgbt. i'll work on a narrative, thank you that's awesome advice :) i should apply to a university this early? i haven't even finished my first semester in cc yet. i'll work on a narrative, i've written a few already for my classes. thank you for your advice, i'll be sure to spend some extra time on campus to work research scholarships
>>
>>18726926
wow my grammar is terrible tonight, i'm tired =_=
>>
File: 220px-Captain_Picard_Chair.jpg (14KB, 220x182px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Captain_Picard_Chair.jpg
14KB, 220x182px
>>18726792
>i'm 26 years old, trans mtf

Why did I get a boner from this? I'm not gay?
>>
>>18726968
ayy
>>
File: 09Oc1if.gif (974KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
09Oc1if.gif
974KB, 500x318px
>>18726926
There are lots of non-research scholarships. Again, consult counselors. Do your own investigations, as they are often university specific.

Don't let it intimidate you.

Your narrative is your true life story. But I feel you get that. Read up on people you look up to and admire.

Finally, something we could all learn from Trump (even if I hate him), is there's nothing wrong with a little self-promotion. >>insert emoji
>>
>>18726981
Thank you. for a while i was just working full-time, paying bills, and drinking in my down time. working and drinking left me spinning my tires. since i've started college i've cut the drinking back.. college has been a change of pace for me, and it's really given me a new perspective. i'm exploring my options right now, and this has been a big help :)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.