[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just got denied by my 3rd potential job offer this month.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1504388272144.jpg (75KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1504388272144.jpg
75KB, 640x960px
So I just got denied by my 3rd potential job offer this month. I keep getting called into interviews but never make it any further than that. I think my interview skills are passable but is there something I'm doing wrong that I don't notice? How many interviews will I have to go through before I land one?
>>
>I think my interview skills are passable
'Passable' isn't enough if the other candidates are better.
>>
>>18726028
So is there anything I can do to improve my job interview skills? It seems each employer wants something different and I can never tell what the interviewer is thinking so even if I feel I'm doing well I'm probably not
>>
>>18726147
Well have you asked for feedback from your failed interviews? Because if you don't know what you're doing wrong, how the fuck are we supposed to know?
>>
The job market is fucked kid. Don't beat yourself up for not getting past the interview stage; it happens to everyone. You just have to keep at it, even if it takes like 15 job interviews and 50 applications.
>>
>>18726162
Blaming the job market and encouraging complacency isn't going to help him land a job.
>>
>>18726149
To be honest this never occurred to me since the jobs that rejected me weren't even polite enough to tell me I had been denied (two of them ignored my follow up emails, the third I had to call a day after they said they'd call me.) I guess the first thing that comes to mind is that I don't leave a very strong impact and come across as a guy with little experience in work and in life but there ain't much I can do about that since it's true
>>
>>18726211
Well when you get the opportunity, ask for feedback. You can't improve if you don't know what you're doing wrong.

>I guess the first thing that comes to mind is that I don't leave a very strong impact
What makes you say this?

>come across as a guy with little experience in work and in life but there ain't much I can do about that since it's true
If you're getting interviews, they know you can do the job. They don't give interviews to someone they think lacks experience or expertise. At that point, it's up to you to show them that you're the best person for the job.
>>
I can tell you op, job interviews are about charisma. Try to find something in common with the interviewer. Try to find something you both like together, or something about the job that appeals to you and make it apparent.

t. Someone who always gets the job after interview.
>>
>>18726216
I say that because when I look at all my interviews no particular flaw or shining moment sticks out, I usually say the same stuff for all of them except maybe I'll tailor how I want to work for that employer to that interview. In other words my interviews all go good, but not great.
>>
>>18726222
I did that with one of my more recent interviews, the guy was interested in collegiate sports and I did cheerleading in college so I knew a fair bit about them and we chatted about that a little. Still no callback
>>
Try Uber while looking for jobs.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.