[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /adv/, I'm having problems with my father. I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1505468443372.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1505468443372.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
Yo /adv/, I'm having problems with my father. I can't for the life of me keep a conversation with him. We both have an interest for electronics and tech but even tho he's an engineer, I have a hard time speaking to him. The biggest problem is that when I talk to him he tends to go of course and start to bore me with stuff like "You should exercise more" "You should stop wasting time on ur computer" etc...

What do? I dont want to lose him plez halp
>>
>>18725144
Now, I assume you're in your early 20s and thus, a couple of years past the point people generally move out and live their own lives. No matter how much you try to maintain a good relationship between you and your father, and vice versa, you'll eventually reach a point where disputes become increasingly common, and where every prolonged conversation with your father invariably leads to him criticizing your lifestyle choices. This is normal. You're no longer the child you once were, and you have your own set of beliefs and ideals that may differ from that of your father. In the meanwhile, your father becomes increasingly impatient and worried that when the time comes that you'll have to fend for yourself, you'll lack the ability to. From his point of view, you're making mistakes that'll cost you a couple of years down the road. He's stuck seeing a trainwreck waiting to happen for so long as you live under a same roof.

From where I stand, your options are pretty much limited. Either you strike it out on your own and lift the burden of raising you from your parents, or you take it upon yourself to meet your parents' needs and demonstrate your maturity by showing that you know what you're doing. To put it simply, take responsibility for your own well-being, and give your family a break from worrying how badly you'll fuck up without their constant guidance. Take it from someone who's been through the same thing as you.
>>
Did you try exercising more and spending less time on your computer?
>>
>>18725938
I did that and now they dislike how I make important choices by myself without telling them about it or asking for guidance.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.