[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am really bored I'm 18, a temporary NEET and all I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

I am really bored

I'm 18, a temporary NEET and all I have to keep myself entertained is my phone and occasionally my friends will come out and get drunk with me.

I don't know what else to do other than workout which doesn't fill up a significant amount of time at all.

I've been thinking of drinking everyday but I'm worried for my organs.

I'm so bored please help
>>
>>18725032
>work
>study
>read books
>write
>lift
>join a sports team
>start meeting girls or get a girlfriend
>get into investing
>learn a language
>learn to play an instrument
>start collecting something
>>
>>18725060
>work
I will be in the next few months
>study
Study what? I'm out of school
>read books
I find reading boring
>write
I find writing boring
>lift
Already do
>join a sports team
I'd only be able to join for a couple months cause I'll be moving away
>start meeting girls or get a girlfriend
Idk how to even do this nor can I commit to a long term relationship as I am moving away
>get into investing
Idk how
>learn a language
I was really bad at this school and hate it now
>learn to play an instrument
I did try but I didn't find it fun
>start collecting something
I'm broke
>>
Go to the damn gym more idiot. Literally a social situation. You say you life but i doubt it. Working out one day a week isnt enough anyway. Go find a small gym and get into a program. Go 4 days a week. Get pointers from others, try new lifts, break down barriers. Get swole while youre at it.
>>
>>18725071
Ah so all you wanted to do was throw excuses at us for your confirmation bias. Stay fucked or actually try to change it, time waits for no one and nothing will happen unless you make it.
>>
>>18725088
I go 4x a week and I squat, bench and deadlift and have been for literally years. On top of that I run almost every day of the week.

It doesn't consume my life, it doesn't take as much time out of the day as you think.

>>18725093
I'm literally saying what's either not possible or I don't don't find enjoyment out of so you can refine your suggestions.

A lot of this is common sense and I'm looking for suggestions that are a little more outside the box, ones I may not have considered myself already.

Don't take everything as a person attack anon, I'm having a two way conversation with you, nothing else.
>>
>>18725071
>I'm broke
>I've been thinking of drinking everyday

If you have the money to drink regularly, you have some money. Use that money to Do A Thing instead. What that thing is doesn't especially matter (given that you post on 4chan, maybe you'd like to save up to buy a computer, which will open up more entertainment options for you? even a relatively cheap and crappy machine will get you a lot better browsing experience than your phone), but just about any use of your money will do you better than cultivating an addiction to poison. Social drinking, on occasion, is acceptable, but you don't want to become the kind of person who drinks because he can't think of anything else to do.

Do you actually have a specific job lined up for "in the next few months", given your plans to move? If so, then you're in a natural transitional period, and your current state is sort of understandable. If not, you need to unfuck yourself, and figure out what you actually want to do... and then, ideally, either find a way to get a job that'll let you also do that, or make plans to get the education you need to get such a job.
>>
>>18725453
I'm going into the armed forces at the end of the year, so right now its just a whole lot of paperwork and a whole lot of waiting around.

I have £30 to my name lol, which I use to buy alcohol for when I hang out with my friends.
>>
>>18725459
Ah, that situation. Yeah, my brother drank a lot during that part of his life, too.

Hint: you have time to post on 4chan, so you should be training more. The more /fit/ you are when you do enter, the less you will regret everything. Bear in mind that you'll be doing the all-encompassing workout regime from hell shortly (aka boot camp), so the more your life resembles that now, the less suffering and torment you'll shortly be experiencing.
>>
>>18725071
>get into investing
>Idk how

Good thing you've got a bunch of fucking time and you're bored as fuck.

This is something you could use the next two or three months to get really good at before you move. If you have investments down well and you're consistently winning trades on the stock market you can make a really nice drip income out of it. Using the rest of your time with work and working out will allow you pass the time before you move and after you move there's tons of other suggestions that you can follow through on instead of saying "it's boring, idk how"
>>
>>18725501
OP doesn't actually have any money now; see >>18725459

That said... instead of trying for anything like the stock market (which requires up-front cash), it'd be sensible to talk to a financial advisor, and find AN investment to throw money at, under terms that'll let him do so easily. OP doesn't have money now... but he will shortly find himself with a LOT more money than free time. Most soldiers habitually binge spend in the very little free time that they have... but if most of that money is going into some kind of a fund that's earning interest, it'll be a substantial heap of money once OP's done with the military.
>>
>reading is boring writing is boring thinking is boring me drink and me lift heavy thing ugga bugga
you'll make excellent cannon fodder
>>
>>18725595
Does it upset you that I'm taking up an air force avionics engineering role with a university grant?
>>
>>18725601
It upsets me that our military is so awfully funded and packed full of idiot cavemen and automatons that they have to literally stand in jobcentres asking the dregs of society to join because nobody with half a brain would even consider it. It can't be long before they remove the restrictions on ex-cons
It upsets me that there are constant adverts on the radio ensuring potential recruits that physical fitness doesn't really matter and even if you can barely run a mile the PIs will bust a nut to make sure you pass.
With cannon fodder like you I can only pray we never get dragged into a real war
>>
>>18725607
nice projection
>>
>>18725611
Truth hurts kek
>>
>>18725616
I didn't even read your post lol
>>
>>18725623
>so assblasted you need the final word on the internet
Truth hurts lol
>>
>>18725626
Nice projection
>>
absolutely triggered cannon fodder lmao
>tfw u lose a limb fighting ragheads so businessmen back home can make profits on oil and security contracts
LMAO
>>
nice projection
>>
File: 1502527714884.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1502527714884.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>
Last word
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.