[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Minor issue with a buddy of mine. It's not that bad, so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: THICC.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
THICC.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
Minor issue with a buddy of mine. It's not that bad, so move along if you wanna help people with super-duper serious problems.

>Have a close friend since middle-school
>Always been a bit of a sperg, but he's a nice guy. He once rode his bike all the way across town so that I didn't have to walk home from work alone.
>We watch a lot of movies and anime together
>He has a really bad habit of reading the Wikipedia page or looking things up to gain insight about a show or topic, and then acts like he knew that all along
>We'll be watching a movie over skype and he'll say something like, "I bet this, this, and this are gonna happen"
>Or we'll talk about something and I'll see him on his phone, and he'll suddenly bring up a random fact trying to oppose me as if he knew that himself and knew that I was wrong
>He also watches TV shows and acts like he's never seen them before so that he can make "predictions" and act upset when I call him on it

The fuck is his problem? How do I make him stop? Should I fill a spray bottle with vinegar?
>>
Compulsive lying and trying way too hard to seem intelligent, even after the facade has faded. If he's older than 8, he should probably see a shrink about that.
>>
>>18723493

some people want to feel smart but dont have the actual knowledge to back it up. some do, as in they know when your wrong, but they arent sure on all the specific details. to put it simply, if a guy knows to check online to see if you're wrong, then he already knew you were wrong.

that being said he sounds pretentious and hard to deal with. best way to deal with it is probably to talk to him about it, and say he doesn't need to do that sorta thing with you.
>>
>>18723498
Probably wouldn't hurt. I'm sure he's got his share of problems going on. Oddly enough, this is the only time he acts like this or does this.

It's like he enjoys arguing or countering you, but he has some internal mechanism that knows when it's not something serious. If it's something that has any value or importance to it, he doesn't act this way.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.