[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about my future makes me feel unbearably trapped and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: StormKingsThunder_header.jpg (424KB, 1920x600px) Image search: [Google]
StormKingsThunder_header.jpg
424KB, 1920x600px
Thinking about my future makes me feel unbearably trapped and hopeless.
>21 years old
>Hate university
>Only a sophomore by credit hours due to withdrawing from school for a year long mental health crisis
>Working toward meme degree, but can't switch to anything useful at this point
>The reality of wageslaving for the rest of my life makes me want to walk into traffic
I don't think I can do this. I have to fight so hard every day not to drop out of life and move in with my parents to wallow in self-misery. I know I will hate that life too, I can't stand living with my parents and the fact that I'm financially dependent on them is a huge source of shame for me.

Where the fuck do I go from here? Am I just incompatible with modern society? What the fuck is a career
>>
>>18723371
I've decided that my goal in life is to meet animals. That's it. Just gotta find a job that meets that, and/or do some of that in my free time. And it's fucking great. I'm not going to ever make a lot of money, but that's okay. Personally, I'm the type of person that needs to enjoy their work. I've never been the type that just tolerates eight hours of torture so that I can have a salary that funds my free time. I graduated with a degree in ecology. I know organic chemistry. I'm never going to use it, because that would fucking suck the soul out of me. I'm not even going to do research permanently, possibly not even much longer. I'm currently in a wildlife rehab position, and it's amazing. I could see myself doing it every day. I'm never going to make money, especially if I want to live in an area with a high cost of living. But I'm going to die and turn into dirt, just like everyone else. I'd rather spend the time I do have doing shit that makes me happy than spending my time in a cubicle of a building
>>
Maybe go to a trade school instead? Shorter, not as much bull shit classes, cheaper, start earning money sooner than everyone else? If the problems s you don't want to do something you don't think is fun, I don't know what to tell you. But maybe working with your hands like you would in trade skills will give you some fulfillment.
>>
File: earthcouldnotanswer.jpg (158KB, 732x1064px) Image search: [Google]
earthcouldnotanswer.jpg
158KB, 732x1064px
>>18723384
I'm quite envious of you. You've found passion, and are willing to seek it. I wish I had a passion. I've tried so hard to find one, but I don't think I'm a passionate person. I don't feel like the world has a place for me in it, but I'm just too cowardly to leave it early
>>
>>18723386
>start earning money sooner than everyone else
I wouldn't be earning money sooner, since I'm already about two years behind my peers.
I've also heard that trade school is a bad choice. The trades are oversaturated with unreliable wages, lack of job stability, your body falls apart by your 30s, etc.
>>
>>18723371
Did you ever think about picking up a trade? If you can't fight your way through college then start working. Any level will do but you can find openings for apprenticeships on the side. It's what I'm doing and I never regret dropping from college.
>>
>>18723655
I address this here >>18723408
I am worried that trying at trade may end with me in a worse position than I am now. Do you feel satisfied with your work? What do you do
>>
>>18723706
I have been through a couple different apprenticeships: CNC machining, welding, auto mechanics. I'm wanting to try to go under a electrician some time as well. The point is that you have way more opportunities than you think, and they are all pretty easily found as long as you look in the right place. I've enjoyed all of these, some more than others but in the end, they are all fulfilling, probably more so than a desk job.

Plus it helps with being a well rounded individual, seeing how I fix other people's shit for quick cash jobs as well.
>>
>>18723746
Interesting. I'm not sure how many opportunities for that kind of stuff are in my part of the country, as I live in a bit of a backwater region. It's worth looking into, I guess
>>
File: Study.png (214KB, 560x300px) Image search: [Google]
Study.png
214KB, 560x300px
>>18723779
I live in a town where the univeristy is the only notable thing around so even I have a less impressive selection than most, but you could even look into some people at your University. I'm sure some engineering professors would have good contacts for you. Stuff like that you know?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.