[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm starting to really despise my little brother. He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: benz.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
benz.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
So I'm starting to really despise my little brother. He dreads driving our older family car. So much so that he will have the rest of his family work around his distaste for the car. Explanation below.

I commute far away and I take one of my family's newer cars to work, because the older car is used to transport my dog to the dog park (he loves playing there) and because the newer car gets better mileage. This leaves only the older car at home and as mentioned above, he hates driving it.

I'm working full time and he basically sits around at home all day, only leaving to get food, or hang out with friends.

He claims he doesn't like driving the car because it's "embarrassing" or something to that effect. We are not in an extremely wealthy family and we all live quite frugally except my brother who is extremely materialistic and always needs to have the newest phone, be up to date with whatever fashion trend there is, and drive a new, flashy car. Note, he doesn't have a job, nor is he searching out for one, to support such proclivities.

Pic related is what he's so horrified to drive.

>inb4 just move

It's complicated and although I'm making enough money to do so, it wouldn't make financial sense.

Sorry if my post seems jumbled, just a bit upset right now
>>
>>
>>18723106

Oh yea, this was an advice thread. Here's what I'm asking:

Help me understand my brother. Why does he make the rest of his family go out of their way to support such a nonsensical, narcissistic, desire?
>>
>>18723106
>having these problems

is that really what its like to grow up in a rich family? must be nice.
>>
>>18723106
tell him if he doesnt like driving it so much, he should get a job and save up enough money to buy a used car. Until then he has to deal with driving with what he 's left with.
>>
>>18723116

We're not a rich family. We just have multiple family cars (which I'm sure is not a rare thing). Both my parents live within their means and I do so as well; I'm just curious why this ideal didn't transmit to my younger brother.

And yea, this is a first world problem, but so is the 1000th "how do I get Stacy's attention?????" thread on this board.
>>
>>18723106
That looks like a nice car to drive around, unless its missing a bumper or fender and is rusted all around. Just sounds like Generation Z First World Problems to me, due to all the brainwashing the media does. How old is he btw.
>>
>>18723130
He's 20 years old. The car barely has 100k miles on it. There is no rust on the car; it looks new.

I actually enjoy driving it, but because of the things I mentioned above, I take a different car.
>>
He's a selfish brat and nothing's humbled him in life. He's never been in danger, nobody's made him feel insignificant, and nobody's ever gone out of their way to make him see himself for what he really is.

Frankly, I don't get this. If I couldn't buy fancy shit my parents would tell me to grow up. In fact, if I had no job and lived with them they would tell me to get a job first off.

Unfortunately, your brother is just a brat. I'd recommend a solid asskicking but he's probably too old for that. I'd just tell him straight up he's fucking garbage and deserves nothing, and until he works for himself he won't get a damn thing from you.

Do your parents spoil him?
>>
>>18723106
>live quite frugally
>Mercedes Benz as the old car
U wot mVIII
>>
>>18723139
Yes, yes, and yes.

I thought I was just looking for validation on this board and that maybe things weren't so black and white. But the majority of the posts seems to resonate exactly what I've been thinking.

I'm fine with him not having a job and so are my parents. (I think they spoil him since he's the youngest child and he's still a baby to them). But he doesn't help at all. I do the chores even though I'm working full time and help my parents whenever I can. Things are not so "extreme" so I'm not just going to move out at this point, but I would like to reach him if anyone can. He's a brat, but I also understand that he's my brother and he's reaching an age where both me and my parents envisioned him casting off his immature and bratty attitudes.
>>
>>18723149

It was fine when I was 16 and unemployed. At 20, it was less fine. Getting a job and holding it is a life skill required of people and if he wants to sit here like that, maybe it's time you talked with your parents about teaching him how to be an adult.

A brat is really just a child who doesn't know their place, and that man is no longer a child; it's long time he stopped being a brat. You don't have to haze the poor fucker, but you and your parents should intervene and tell him he has to change his life, or it's going to start changing around him. He can do chores, cook and clean; if he doesn't, you guys will clean your spaces and leave him to rot in his.

If he were 14, 15, or even not NEET I'd almost readily argue for him. But the fact that this man refuses to drive a car because he's too much of a nancy to do so is a bit extreme.

Nobody's asking you to kick him out tonight, but you guys can't foster the attitude. Let him know you're on his side-- but only if he's working and pushing for something. Even if that's just working retail, earning and maintaining your own keep is a life skill that should be unalienable and he's currently alienating it. Enabling it might seem like the 'gentle reply' but it's setting him up for failure. Men like that don't score (with men OR women), and men like that don't keep good social circles. They end up in dark directions. Like being 26, and posting on 4chan about suicide because they're almost a wizard (30 yo virgin). You care about him, and don't want that.

So sit down with your parents and ask what you can do to intervene. Surely, they know as well as you something has to be done.
>>
>>18723175
Very solid advice. Thank you. Unfortunately, my little brother is not amenable to such advice and would just walk away from the conversation if it hinted at an ultimatum and my parents just favor him too much.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.