[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I resigned from an accounting job I had for 3 years yesterda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: 1416853005238.jpg (79KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1416853005238.jpg
79KB, 1000x667px
I resigned from an accounting job I had for 3 years yesterday. I took a bunch of files with me on an external hard drive. The reason I did that is I was fishing for an independent contractor gig from them. They've done that for others. I have an ongoing thread about the situation here: https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/corporate-politics-job-outsourcing-might-get-fired-how-to-play-cards

Today, I got a cease and desist letter from their lawyer. They want that hard drive and they're threatening legal action if I don't respond by tomorrow. They contacted me via email.

Seems to me they're trying to scare me into giving them that back so they don't miss payments to clients. I was the sole person handling that. What are the chances they actually sue me? And for what? My net worth is nothing comparatively. I've gotten these for torrenting before and just ignored them. Is this different?
>>
>>18722785
>What are the chances they actually sue me?
Quite high, if these are valuable files

>And for what?
Whatever they're worth, plus some exemplary damages. And probably their legal fees too

>My net worth is nothing comparatively.
So they'll have you owing money until you pay it off.

>I've gotten these for torrenting before and just ignored them. Is this different?
Of course it is.

Oh, and if they find you using those files for your own personal gain, they'll sue you for that too.
>>
Dude, don't fucking ask /adv/. /adv/ is 700x more clueless than those monkeys. You should talk to a lawyer btw.
>>
File: 1382823957992.jpg (199KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1382823957992.jpg
199KB, 1920x1200px
A girl I worked with who has an HR manager aunt says I can collect unemployment for "constructive discharge". i.e. they made me quit. But from what I understand, getting unemployment isn't as easy as collecting a check these days. You have to send in job apps and go to workshops and shit, which I'm not willing to do. I think she's miscalculating the risk-reward on this one. I'm just gonna call the lawyer in the morning and say he can come borrow the drive. The contractor shit clearly isn't going to happen and I don't even want it at this point. Just want to wash my hands of this company and move on.
>>
They're going to fuck you over in court if you don't give it back. It's not a good idea to play games with high powered company lawyers, unless you want your life ruined.

Give them back their hard drive, but before you do, get in writing that they will leave you alone both civilly and criminally if you give them back their shit.
>>
>>18723457
Good call on the letter. Who should I have it signed by? Just the lawyer? Any particular wording it should include?
>>
File: 3391_0.png (342KB, 800x1422px) Image search: [Google]
3391_0.png
342KB, 800x1422px
>>
File: 3390_1.png (146KB, 800x1422px) Image search: [Google]
3390_1.png
146KB, 800x1422px
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.