[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not really enjoying my life right now, I'm stuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

I'm not really enjoying my life right now, I'm stuck in an Engineering Course but I don't really like it.
I've always have been intrested in Criminal Justice, mainly being a Homecide Detective.
I'm 20,is it still worth it to try and follow this "dream" or should I just stick to engeneering...
>>
Let's put it this way: if you continue on with engineering, you're going to be stuck working in the field for the rest of your working life. Are you okay with this, or would you rather work in criminal justice?

Oh, and being a homicide detective is a) not what it's like in the movies and b) not as 'fun' as you think it is.
>>
>>18722730
My dad's an inspector in a police force and he oversees major crime cases. He has loved the process of climbing the ladder, and the money is pretty good. If you want a family and want to work alot it's a good job I'd say. Just be prepared to charge alot of ppl for drunkenly killing their best friend or the like. Also the onslaught of media who oppose what you say because you're a branch of government.
>>
Dude, you are in your 20's. Why would you follow something that is not what you want to do? I mean, with the rest of your life. Cause, well... If you continue that path, you'll have to live with it. You are young, if you can, enjoy and take your time. It doesn't matter if you finish a career at your 20's or at your 30's, the thing is that, whatever you decide, you'll have to live with it. The time you may feel like you are wasting now it's gonna be worth if you end up doing what you actually like.
>>
Criminal Justice is a piss easy major, which means that a lot more people will be competing for the same job: which is a very competitive job.

The better jobs for investigators will be in state government (not local police departments) and more rarely federal, but the position of homicide detective is only one category of that and is a very rare category of that. You could also look up your state regulations to become a private investigator, but don't expect to be working on homicide cases: mostly you'd be doing civil investigations to present evidence in divorce courts or fraud investigation.

If you want to diversify your skills in a way that's marketable I'd recommend dual majoring in physical anthropology, biology, or psychology if you're into the nitty gritty of lab work or want to talk to people directly. Maybe public policy if you have any administrative or bureaucratic ambitions.

But pure, straight shot criminal justice is a joke of a degree. Most jobs in the field require other/extra training besides a degree or are even degree-optional.

Oh, and if you have any critical opinions of criminal justice or law enforcement, as most people do, you're going to have to learn to keep your yap shut if you're looking for or get a job in the field. That's going to be harder than you'd think.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.