[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How absolutely fucked would I be if I transferred schools and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 515.jpg (34KB, 480x377px) Image search: [Google]
515.jpg
34KB, 480x377px
How absolutely fucked would I be if I transferred schools and switched my major from environmental science to environmental studies? Right now my end goal is to graduate, work for 2-3 years, and then go back and get my master's in geology. Would I be ill-prepared to do that with an environmental studies degree? Would I be able to land the same type of job after college?

I'm a first year and I hate where I'm at right now so I'm going to transfer no matter what. I've been searching for colleges for 2 years and I'm so tired of this shit.

Every college is either:
A. doesn't offer environmental science / geology
B. In the absolute ghetto-est part of the city
C. In the middle of bumfuck nowhere
D. 1000 miles away from my family

What do? The college that offers environmental studies has everything else I want.
>>
>>18722429
Go for environmental studies.
Also, environments are a spook. An illusory product of boundaries arbitrarily drawn when a system is abstracted. Keep it in mind.
>>
>>18722429
well, your choice in degree is shit. both are a waste of time. considering the lack of rigor in your field, you can probably major in either and no one will bat an eyelash.

if you're gonna get a shit degree, then just go where ever makes you feel better and costs not too much
>>
>>18722429
Try earth system science instead
>>
>>18722430
Ty

>>18722431
You're going to have to elaborate more than >hur durr it's shit. Environmental science seems infinitely more useful than something like mathematics.

>Try earth system science instead
I'll look into it. Is there another name for it? The college search site I've been using doesn't recognize it. If not, it seems more limited availability-wise than what I'm looking into now.
>>
>>18722433
Last line meant to reply to >>18722432
>>
>>18722433
i did my Bachelor's in math and I work as an electrical engineer now. If by useful you mean employable, math beats many other degrees. i also worked as an accountant and a tutor before working as an engineer. never once has my employer asked me to justify my generalized math degree over whatever specifics my coworkers had.
>>
>>18722433
>Environmental science seems infinitely more useful than something like mathematics.
This is why you will end up applying ecology without understanding it. Corporations will use you as a way to fake sustainability, and you will be aware of this fact and nonetheless still have to take the job to survive.
>>
File: 1505104475996.png (280KB, 598x599px) Image search: [Google]
1505104475996.png
280KB, 598x599px
>>18722429
I just wanted to let you know that your picture hit way to close to home. I'm taking an online course with the group work online - somehow it's fucking worse then in person.
>>
Bump in hope that an environmentalist lurks /adv/.
>>
I know someone with an environmental studies degree and they work at a clothing store.

Don't do it. Go for a science degree.
>>
>>18724860
I know someone who majored in CS and works at Kohl's and a dude who majored in botany and ended up as a dentist. I don't think anecdotal evidence is all that helpful here, you could major in just about anything and still end up with a shitty job. I do think a science degree would be better, but from what I read employers seem to not care.

Can I ask what college they went to?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.