[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it beta to have you and your gf for a profile pic? Thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

Is it beta to have you and your gf for a profile pic?

Thinking about making my new profile pic one of me and my gf for our 1 month anniversary. Would it be creepy if i had one of us together and she didn't? She never goes on fb, probably logs in once every 2 or 3 weeks, so it wouldn't be that she didn't want people to see her with me. We went public with our relationship.

I don't care too much about social media, but i'd like to show her off a bit. However, I think it's pretty beta when i see a guy's profile and every single photo he uploaded is him with his gf. I'd just have one, maybe of us on one of our dates or one where she's kissing me on the cheek.
>>
>>18722369
>1 month anniversary
Get the fuck out of here
>>
>>18722369

>beta
>one month anniversary

You're already living that dream, faggot.
>>
>>18722377
>>18722381
>>
>>18722369
I don't have a strong opinion either way but I personally wouldn't unless she did first. I don't mind showing a girl off but I feel like if I put up a profile pic with us and she doesn't I'm into it more than she is.
>>
>>18722418
>I feel like if I put up a profile pic with us and she doesn't I'm into it more than she is.
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>18722369
dude you've been dating a month

you must be at least 18 to visit this site
>>
>>18722424
Well for one if she's not at the point where she's ready to show you off yet, or she's not that into it she might pull back. It's like a subtle shift in the power balance in the relationship.
>>
>>18722369
>She never goes on fb, probably logs in once every 2 or 3 weeks, so it wouldn't be that she didn't want people to see her with me

This is the classic excuse. "Oh, I don't go on Facebook much..."

Just wait until you break up. Watch when she updates her profile picture to one of her and her new boyfriend the same day they go official.
>>
>>18722442
>Watch when she updates her profile picture to one of her and her new boyfriend the same day they go official.
Nah, if she wouldn't "claim" OP publically she probably wouldn't claim anyone else either. Some women like that typically have a ton of orbiters that they don't really want knowing they have a relationships. The last girl I dealt with wouldn't post anything about me on her FB. She wouldn't even take a pic with or for me. Same thing with the next guy after me.
>>
She mogs the shit out of him.
>>
>>18722442

She has like 100 friends, mostly family. Her last post was from like 8 months ago. She DOESN'T care about social media.

And for those of you making fun of me for celebrating our 1-month, well go fap your little dicks some more. She's staying at my place for the whole weekend, we're going to fuck quite a bit, she bought me a gift for it, and is making me dinner and dessert.
>>
>using the word beta

How the fuck do you even have a girlfriend if you're that retarded?
>>
>>18722494
>gloating because you have a gf
We'll be here for your heartbreak thread OP.
>>
>>18722494
Dude now they're just gonna make fun of you for getting butthurt and defensive. Also "going to fuck quite a bit" is one of the most cringeworthy and least believable ways to phrase it
>>
>>18722369
OP this is a stupid and classless idea that will backfire on you when you break up

that's it. be a stoop if you like.
>muh 1 month anniversary
god this culture is going to shit. people can't even stay together and they're celebrating a month.

rise above the competition, OP. don't be stupid.
>>
>>18722369
Lol fb is stupid. Your caring too much about nothing
>>
>>18722369
don't do it if she doesn't ask you, seriously...
>>
File: 20840712.jpg (28KB, 368x357px) Image search: [Google]
20840712.jpg
28KB, 368x357px
>>18722494
>we're going to fuck quite a bit
>>
>>18722498
t. beta
>>
>>18722369
>>18722494
Nothing screams beta more than these posts.

Let us know when you finally decide to endulge in the thinking man's fetish OP.

We'll be here to laugh at you.
>>
>>18722369

>1 month anniversary

This board is 18+
>>
>>18722494

I'm making fun of you because you're celebrating 30 days together as some sort of major milestone or accomplishment.

I'm making fun of you because you think bragging about fucking some slutty skank with 100 friends means something in the grand scheme of things when she'll probably dump you around the 3 month anniversary when she's bored of your stupid ass and one of her 100 male friends decides to show her he has a bigger dick than you.

And then you'll come back here crying about how stupid it was, and you'll want advice, and we'll all tell you to suck it up.

And the circle repeats itself. More whining, cringe-inducing idiots on /adv/.
>>
>>18722520
so they'll fuck for three months and you think this is a bad thing

you're a bitter incel
>>
>>18722527

I don't care who he fucks. I think it's a waste of time, personally - both celebrating at 1 month, and getting with someone whose friend roster means more than the actual person herself.

It's hard to be bitter when I'm shaking my head at this kid who's going to come crying to us sooner or later.
>>
>>18722540
you can't actually expect him to do all of the following 1.) overlook a string of insults, and 2.) filter through the irrelevant incel bitterposting to find the actual relevant information sprinkled throughout, in order to 3.) change an idea in his head that he's really excited about.

you're not posting to help him. you're posting to satisfy your incel bitterness. doesn't matter much what your point is if you're screaming it like a baby
>>
>>18722540

You're misreading everything. She doesn't go on facebook. And people do celebrate this shit, 1 month, 6 months, then a year. It's called being sentimental, and no one really cares whether you're into that thing or not.
>>
>>18722369
>for our 1 month anniversary
it is already too late for you
>>
>>18722550

Did I say I was here to help him?

Also, don't project your own desires on me anon, I have no idea what you're talking about with "bitter incel" nonsense. I'm not you, I'm not here to cause fights and arguments between groups of people for no purpose, I'm also not here to champion a cause of beta or alpha or MGTOW or feminism or whatever other popular bullshit is flying around these days.

I'm here to tell a 19 year old kid that he's being a dumbfuck for celebrating 30 days of not cheating on each other which is what any normal couple should aspire to without treating it like it's a miracle worth celebrating. I'm also not trying to get him to change or understand his ways, I'm pointing out the utter nonsense and hoping he might see the light, even though I know he won't since this is probably his first girlfriend, or at the very least the first girl who's actually let him fuck her. So he's going to do what he's going to do, and I can call him whatever I want since it really doesn't have any bearing on either of our situations.

Neither do you, trying to tell me what I can and cannot do. Thanks for playing though!

>>18722552

Half a year, maybe. 1 year, of course. 1 month, you're a fucking lunatic and that's the sign of the people in said relationship being too immature to last more than 30 days.
>>
>>18722581

Who hurt you anon? The thought of 'celebrating 30 days without cheating on each other' never once crossed my mind. We're just going to spend the day with each other. I didn't book a trip to Paris or buy her a fucking car. We're just going to hang out, fuck, and make dinner. Jesus.

Your reason for our celebrating speaks volumes about your bitter ass.
>>
File: 1394673417865.gif (448KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1394673417865.gif
448KB, 200x183px
>>18722552

A 1 month celebration is what you do when you're like, 14. Lets not get so caught up in your all encompassing "different strokes for different folks" colloquialism that we gloss over the fact that OP is either still a child or an adult who behaves childishly. Its not really meant to be a scathing indictment of OP as it is just a statement of fact.

Additionally, the fact that he is either still a child or behaves childishly negates much of our ability to give advice. We can't tell him that a 1 month anniversary is, in the larger picture, an empty milestone nor can we tell him that his hand wringing over advertising his relationship on social media is meaningless. Its a lesson he's just going to have to figure out himself. He can hear us say it and even understand the concept but he lacks the wisdom and perspective to internalize it.

Its obvious that he's young and insecure (obviously, or he wouldn't be so preoccupied with being viewed as a "beta") and no amount of even keeled perspective or plain insult is going to educate him. Unfortunately, he'll have to do what the rest of us do; look back at himself in 10 years and cringe at how silly he was.
>>
You look like you have downs syndrome.
>>
>>18722594
well for what it's worth I'm very happy for you and I still think that the whole facebook posting and celebrating one month anniversaries is one of those stupid-things-everyone-is-doing aka degeneracy

you can be that guy who doesn't keep a girl for a very long time and has a string of profile pictures involving his sexual achievements...I just would never be that guy

>>18722581
>did I say I was here to help him?
>I'm just better than everyone who is here
alright pal
>>
>>18722594

If you're not OP, it doesn't matter if it crosses your mind or not.

After looking at the problems people have faced over social media, texts, etc over the course of YEARS that I have been here on /adv/ and have lived my life, my statements about cheating have little to do with myself, and a lot to do with the way that society has pushed relationships these days.

Disposable playthings where you can always trade up and get a new one if this one doesn't work out, where all you need to do is swipe on a phone and you'll get someone who's down to fuck, even if they're with someone else and lying about it.

I use cheating as an example of a thing a relationship should intrinsically not do, one of the biggest key points in fact, and that the 1 month milestone is an accomplishment of not fucking up that basic fact. I could simplify it to "not treat each other like shit" for 30 days and it would have the same effect.

That you are still worshiping and making a grand deal out of something that should be extremely commonplace. The fact that spending a month together requires its own milestone and party, which if you did that for every month would devalue the whole point of the party. Rarity is what should be celebrated. The fact that she's a girl worth staying with for over a year should be worth celebrating, not that you befriended her and slipped her your dick for a couple of weeks.

Even some people would laud that as an achievement, except for how many people I've seen on here who are bitter and miserable complaining about not having anyone worth staying with. They cheated on the ones they should, and the ones that stayed weren't worth their time. So it's more of a cautionary "don't do this you idiot" than it is bitterness, or me being "better" than other people. I'm not, never claimed to be.
>>
>>18722626
>using real reasoning to argue now
there you go. I knew you could do it.

he's right, OP
>>
>>18722626

I see your point, but you seem to think we are doing something grandiose, when we aren't.
>>
>>18722638

Even giving 1 month an anniversary at all is still larger than it should be. It doesn't need to be celebrated. Go ahead if you want, but again it screams of insecurity and immaturity. Much like your original post.
>>
>>18722638
every serial monogamous says this bullshit. "oh it's not intimacy it's just sexual intercourse." "oh we're not being grandiose we're just celebrating an anniversary."

you're kidding yourself. like the guy said, the message is aim higher.

celebrating one month is for trendy lames. marrying the average woman means becoming a divorce statistic.
>>
>>18722638

I've seen guys in their mid twenties make really stupid grand gestures on girls they knew for a week, asking them to be their gf in a way akin to an 11th grader asking his crush to prom with a big plush bear.

I really don't see how going on a little date on our 1 month is so extreme. Maybe it's a bit immature, but i'd rather be a bit immature than act like an old married couple already. We like going on dates, and we like having sex.
>>
>>18722648
>>18722638
so if this woman is exceptional then try to achieve something real with her.

don't post on social media for your one month anniversary.

take her on a vacation for your one year anniversary.

that's how I'd treat someone who was special to me
>>
>>18722655

If i can when the time comes, and we're still together, i will.

I work a job that sends me all over the place and i could be out of town for awhile. I may be going to Florida to clean up after the hurricane, so we try to see each other as much as we can.
>>
>>18722377
>>18722381
>>18722426
>>18722558
Not OP, but is a one year anniversary also immature faggotry?
>>
>>18722673
Nah.
>>
>>18722667
that sounds nice. good luck you two. I guess, in the grand scheme, what you do with your facebook is not important.

I guess you could just upload a photo of the two fo you in your timeline or to your instagram
>>
File: 1372144885807.jpg (11KB, 339x351px) Image search: [Google]
1372144885807.jpg
11KB, 339x351px
>>18722650

>I've seen guys in their mid twenties make really stupid grand gestures on girls they knew for a week, asking them to be their gf in a way akin to an 11th grader asking his crush to prom with a big plush bear.

Seeing other people do stupid shit is not justification for doing stupid shit.

>I really don't see how going on a little date on our 1 month is so extreme.

The longer we talk about how immature your actions are in this relationship is the more you minimize your previous statements to try to brush it off as not a big deal.

Here is the nugget; you're a child celebrating a child's achievement. We're all glad that you're glad but on the other hand when you come and try to talk to a bunch of adults about one month anniversaries and profile pics you really can't be surprised when we don't take any of it seriously. The general consensus is that the entirety of your post is meaningless; you're worrying about things that only a child would worry about. This is not meant as an insult but your problem isn't actually a problem therefore we're not taking it seriously. It has nothing to do with how "extreme" you're being. We just don't really have any insight or helpful advice about navigating your intricately pointless adolescent minutia.
>>
>>18722716

Alright, you got me. The whole profile pic thing is incredibly dumb to worry about. But what am i supposed to do now? She was the one who wanted to do something for the 'anniversary'. If i call it off and tell her it's too childish, she won't be very happy. She's pretty excited about it.
>>
>>18722740
isn't she coming over to fuck your dick a million times? take her to a nice dinner beforehand. tell her to dress up. both of you dress up.
>>
>>18722747

She is, and she's making me dinner. We were planning on a small outing, like a walk around a forest preserve or the drive-in movie theatre.
>>
File: 1393807683249.png (214KB, 404x411px) Image search: [Google]
1393807683249.png
214KB, 404x411px
>>18722740

>But what am i supposed to do now? She was the one who wanted to do something for the 'anniversary'. If i call it off and tell her it's too childish, she won't be very happy. She's pretty excited about it.

Dude, just go on the date and have fun and live your life. No one is arguing for you to not have a good time with your girlfriend. We're just encouraging you, in various levels of sincerity and tact, to not get caught up in these small milestones and just have fun. Don't get all stressed out about anniversaries or profile pictures. Just have dinner and fuck your girlfriend and stop worrying. You don't have to adorn this relationship with social media decoration and anniversaries for it to mean something. Being present and invested in your relationship makes it mean something.

In summary; just chill, dude.
>>
if you were to show your girlfriend this thread she would leave you instantly lol
>>
>>18722369
Stop giving a shit about what other people think. Whether something is Beta or not means absolutely nothing. If you're worried about your friends making fun of you for having a girlfriend in your profile pic, then that's your fault for surrounding yourselves with shallow friends. Then again, you seem pretty fucking shallow yourself, especially since you want to show off a girl you've only been with a month.

You're either barely 18 or you've been single well into your late 20s and this is your first girlfriend. The fact that you're excited over your 1st months anniversary isn't a bad thing, it's the fact that you're making such a huge fucking deal about what other people will think about it that sets off the autism alarms.
>>
>>18722581
You assumed she's a skank, without a good reason.

He doesn't need to see any light. If he wants to be sentimental about a month together it's his right to be. It's not being a dumbfuck. Better to be sentimental than a cynical asshole who doesn't do anything to show his feelings otherwise he gets scared his balls will fall off.

Stop that beta bullshit. If they break up, it won't make any difference whether he posted on fb for their 30 days anniversary or not.
It only matters to those idiots who care more about how others perceive them, aka narcissists, than about living their own life.
>>
>>18722369
the most beta thing is you asking for other people's opinions on a Vietnamese Spaghettiweaving board
right after that comes celebrating the one month
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.