[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello! Please don't laugh at me but I need some direction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

Hello!

Please don't laugh at me but I need some direction in achieving life goals that are important to me and I'm a bit lost on what I should choose to take in university.

>I'm skilled in organization and handling systems, I love to improve things and make things go as smoothly as possible. I'm introverted but I can lead if I have too and I know how to treat people well and instruct/mentor.
>I'm leaning towards business and technology.
>I need to be in a position one day where I make a lot of money, a lot.
>Ironically, I'm quite humble and don't plan on living life very extravagantly.
>I want to be able to one day invest all this extra money towards something that will impact the world, poorer countries, health, water, hospitals, schools, you get the idea.
>I want to support start-ups that resonate with me.
>I want to make as much of a positive change in as many peoples' lives. A lot of these big changes or support I would give requires money.
>I would love to support the people who volunteer all over the world to help people who need it.
>I'm asking for help on what degree specifically would aid me in this and also allow me to be challenged in the job and let me use my natural skills.

Bachlors of Finance? Commerce? Business Management? I'm really unsure. I just know that I want my career to be significant and not a meaningless 9-5 job that I feel isn't impacting much. I'm familiar in stocks and investments, just a bit.

I got depression in late high school where we were all asked to choose what we wanted to do in Uni, for our life. It really impacted me in the way that I had nothing that popped into my head. Money and prestige was a big motivator for my peers who would decide to go into Medicine, law, etc. along with family pressure. But I was never big on money or titles, since my depression has finally be dealt with, I feel like a new person and I've found my calling, I just need some direction.

Thanks!
>>
>>18722334
I'm a business guy. I been in business school for a while cause I wasn't that smart after school took me a bit.

They're going to tell you how good x program is and x program and how everyone in that program makes so much money. It's bullshit. I'm going to tell you how it is
Business is a liberal field so you will meet people with all types of jobs in all types of positions remember that, but barring that fact In business there is 3 classic degrees that you will find in any company. :

1. People with marketing degrees
These are kind of like your catch all business men, they know a little about everything. Marketing does NOT mean commercialss and sales and shit like that(this is what uneducated idiots think.) Marketing is a CATCH ALL BUSINESS DEGREE They don't come out of college specialized but htey specialize into other roles. They make great CEOS because of the position they get after college, very diverse.
They know a little of everytrhing. Most business men do but they are a little more extreme in that end. think an inch deep and a mile wide.

Then you have the 2 specialized degrees

2. Finance
These people handle the thing that fall under financial planning and work with the other units to come up with investments. They use math and other things to help decide about how money should be spent. General finace tasks im sure you know. They may also be spread out into other areas to be consulting in this manner. Again a smaller more specialized role. for every 1 finance for example theres usually at least 4 or 5 marketers

then you have

3. Accountants: These people keep the books, estimate costs so on you know what they do. They do the accounting shit.

ALl the other degrees you here about are bullshit. Any tech/business degree you hear about AVOID LIKE THE FUCKING PLAAAAAGUUEEEEE you can not be a tech guy and bus guy in 1 college span. It takes more than that.

Remember , finance, accounting, marketing safe bets from now till the end of time.
>>
>>18722374
If I went with accounting, how should I advance in that career later on? CPA exams, where I can specialize further if I wanted? Likewise with Finance, I would like to get into some kind of specialty and continue to push myself.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.