[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become more detail-oriented and aware? I seem to always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 2ga60qda108z.png (480KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2ga60qda108z.png
480KB, 800x600px
How do I become more detail-oriented and aware?

I seem to always miss things that are in sentences that other people can easily pick up on.

Like, in the middle of a test, I miss one word that was an easy indicator for an answer. Or I completely butcher an argument because I didn't pay attention to a single word.

Is there any way to fix this and be more mindful?
>>
Best advice I can give you: slow down. Mistakes like that happen when you're too confident so you go too fast. In that test situation, read the sentence word by word, following along with a pen or your finger and use a highlighter to mark the important terms.
>>
Pretty much already been said, but slow the fuck down.
In your specific example you are focusing on the proposition, that is to say the cognitive meaning of the sentence, rather than the sentence's structure and word choice. This is a technique we naturally develop as readers to increase speed, but it can be very harmful when dealing with new material that may hold unexpected logical operators such as an and instead of an or, or a not before a phrase or term. You need to restrain these sanic speed instincts. You don't simply "become" more detail oriented or aware, you must constantly strive to pay attention to detail and remain ever vigilant. Think about what happens when you have to remember a person's name. You don't try to become better at remembering names, you try to remember that specific peraon's name. The majority of our actions are from a set of habits though, so by doing these things you do train yourself to do them in the future, but there is no golden process to hasten this conditioning.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.