[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a problem and need your help I stay at home all day and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: The Hunt.jpg (75KB, 732x620px) Image search: [Google]
The Hunt.jpg
75KB, 732x620px
I have a problem and need your help

I stay at home all day and work from home, I rarely leave the house unless I'm mowing my lawn, taking out the trash or getting groceries.

I have a bothersome neighbor that always wants to chat with me, which I'm a quiet and private person. But I don't have issues for small chats, I'm not anti-social like that.

Yet this neighbor kept me for 20 minutes and then another neighbor, which was her friend came over and the last 10 minutes of the conversation became awkward, weird and uncomfortable, since it was about gossip of other neighbors and really trashy stuff.

So near the end, I tried to escape by randomly laughing during their conversation and now they likely think I'm some nutjob.

Anyway, this led me to think about this bad experience for 5 days, as it just keeps replaying in my head over, over and over...and I don't know how to stop it.
>>
Don't worry about it. I'm sure both of them have been stuck in conversations that they weren't sure how to exit.
I'd suggest that you practice ending conversations. Excuses might help you feel more warranted, but I personally like to be vague.

>Hey, well, I'd better get going. I hope you have a good rest of your day. Talk to you later!
At the second sentence, I start backing up a little bit, shifting away, glancing towards where I need to go. I'll make good eye contact with them, trying to look genuine about my wish. When I say, "Talk to you later!" I'll have turned my whole body towards my destination, look over my shoulder at them, and wave and smile.
>>
>>18721431
Oh and after "I hope you have a good rest of your day" I do pause to allow them to say, "Thanks, you too!"
>>
>>18721431
pretty much this

but what do you do when they say

"WOAH HOLD ON A SEC ANON"

lmao
>>
>>18721455
Then you become a broken record, talk over them, and start backing away.

Hold up a hand and say, "Haha, I'm sorry, Neighbor! I really have to go. I'll see you later, okay?" If Neighbor keeps babbling and following you as you're leaving: "Sorry! I don't have time. Good luck!"

If it's gotten to the point that the neighbor has followed you to the door so that you have to close the door in their face, then at that point the neighbor is the one who has crossed social boundaries. What could the neighbor be stopping you for that is so important to them but that you still don't want to get involved with?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.