[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Just be yourself" How do you deal with this when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 6SLzBEY.jpg (273KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
6SLzBEY.jpg
273KB, 2560x1600px
"Just be yourself"

How do you deal with this when you're rapidly improving your life and the people closest to you are uncomfortable with it or assume you're being inauthentic? It seems like outwardly they want me to succeed but they don't like the more self-assured powerful version of me.
>>
>>18721117
Are you sure its not because you are getting cocky and they dont like your new personality?
Your dnd friends arent going to want to hear about your work outs and diet plans but once you start improving yourself then you are going to want to talk about it with someone to validate yourself.
You could be turning into that vegan faggot of the group.
Alternatively some people dont like to compared to people who might be better than them. They clump around other shitty people so they can feel better. So when one person steps out of line they want to encourage them but they will start to resent them.
>>
>>18721126
(not OP here) nope, this is a phenomenon. People get unfomfy when people change for the good. Shows them others can do it while they're being lazy.
>>
>>18721141
This is just what frog posters want you to think.
I work out and have friends who are twice as big as me and while there are people who hate they arent the people who you normally already know.
The people you think are jealous are usually mad because you no longer do the things they enjoyed doing with you. Its impossible to keep major changes in your life from effecting your personality.
>>
"Just be yourself" is a meme

most advice is about changing yourself to suit the preferences of others.
>>
>>18721487
It is not meme. If a person tries to be something else, it is putting him under certain stress. High amount of stress can actually cause faulty behavior that the person wanted to avoid in the first place.
>>
>>18721503
but if he doesn't change he will never get anywhere relationship-wise (unless what they were was already good).

so the risk is worth it
>>
>>18721117
make sure you're properly examining what you're doing, it's very easy to get caught up in yourself when you're trying to change yourself. my buddy started working out really hard and we warned him for nearly a month that he needed to slow it down, but he ended up injuring himself anyway.

what kind of changes are you making? personality? these can be difficult for people to deal with, since if they liked you it was for the personality you already had. that doesn't mean you shouldn't change, but i also wouldn't blame them too hard for grasping at what you used to be. just normal human selfishness and complacency.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.