[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a 19 year old girl, who looks about 15 years old, about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1353652101003.jpg (576KB, 1240x930px) Image search: [Google]
1353652101003.jpg
576KB, 1240x930px
I'm a 19 year old girl, who looks about 15 years old, about to travel 800 miles alone on the greyhound. Please give me advice on how to stay safe during this trip. If I had enough money to fly, I would have, but saving money is vital for me right now, as I'm moving to live with my dad and am unsure when I'll be able to get a job next, and I'm not sure how much he'll provide for me, so I gotta keep my sweet green.

The bus route I'm taking will be making 2 stops, both in this state, before a single bus making a multi state trek to my destination. Any advice that's not "why the fuck would you take the greyhound you idiot" is welcomed.
>>
>>18720406
Dress down. Try to look like you are joining the military or something.
>>
>>18720406
I used to hitchhike a bit. It's the same u gotta be alpha, and look alpha af. You'll probably be safe bu tjust keep a knife in your pocket and if anyone threatens you stick it right into there thigh unless ure real scared stick into their throat and just walk away.
>better than getting raped
>>
Stay away from basketball Americans and in the main terminal, you should be fine
>>
>>18720406
What are you even worried about? It's not like you're going to get beaten and raped on a moving bus with dozens of people around. Just stay in public while you're waiting on your stops and you'll be fine.
>>
>>18720406
Make a friend(s). Preferably female, less risk that way. Don't go anywhere alone like the toilet and make sure you're in well lit areas. Get on the phone if you need to walk somewhere and you're alone, make the conversation like you've got a friend nearby and you're debating seeing them, something like that. That way people will know that help is just around the corner and near instantaneous. Act confident but not naive.
>>
wear baggy/unflattering clothing, don't wear makeup, frown at people, don't listen to music/look at your phone until you've embarked
>>
>>18720406

Stay on the bus. Duh.

Also why the hell are you 19 and afraid of a bus? Little kids take the bus all the time. Just don't be stupid and stop listening to crazy liberal news about 'fart rape' and shit
>>
Thanks all.

>>18720424
>>18720506
I have psychosis, I'm gonna be a paranoid little bitch, especially when people around me keep telling me it's not safe.
>>
>>18720406
No one is going to rape you. Your biggest danger is some lonely guy trying to start a conversation. If you don't want it, just say "I've been up all night and I want to get some sleep now" and turn away from him.
>>
>>18720406
Greyhounds aren't as sketchy as you're imagining. The drivers keep control of any situations. Sit next to someone who looks ok. Don't freak out when it breaks down.
>>
Is this an America thing? Where it's considered dangerous to take public transport from one city to another?
>>
>>18720587
Nope. Read the thread, the girl admits to being psychotic.
>>
>>18720520

Nose down, eyes up, don't get involved in shit and stay in the open and well-lit areas. If you have to be alone, be alert and have something dangerous in reach (pref on your person). Easy conversation disengages are excuses like "sorry, I have a headache, I need to rest" or "I got no sleep, I'm trying to catch up." Commit to nothing and make yourself unassuming.

Everyone's right, you're pretty much fine. Don't make a scene yourself and nothing will likely happening.
>>
Wtf is this? Do you actually ask how to be safe during a bus trip from one city to another? Holy fuck really?
>>
>>18720406
Carry a large, loaded shotgun on you at all times.
>>
.380 Automatic Colt Pistol

Otherwise buy a baton. Batons are usually pretty good.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.