[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TLDR; Good investments for about $20,000. What are some good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

TLDR; Good investments for about $20,000.

What are some good investments to get into? I'm going to be receiving a lump sum of money ($20k) and rather than waste it on something frivolous, I'd like to invest it into something w/ decent returns, and even become self employed from it. I'm pretty handy at building cars (pic related) and home improvement, but not a handyman. I was thinking of buying salvaged cars, rebuilding them to sell, and or buying homes and flipping them. I would be doing most of the work on my own, to cut the cost. I Just wanted to know if anyone else might have advice or other suggestions. I'm not looking for a get rich quick scheme. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>18718968
Bitcoin
>>
>>18718973
How much would you say is a good start?
I'd like to diversify my investments
>>
>>18718973
>>18718989
DO NOT invest in bitcoin.
It is literally a meme, and as people are finding out now, A Ponzie Scheme.
JP Morgan CEO released a statement recently saying that it's a good investment if you're a drug dealer already dealing with illegal currency, but it serves no purpose for regular people.
The crypto market is highly volatile and you will have trouble getting the Bitcoin back into cash even IF you make some returns.

I am not sure about the car industry, but I do know that they are hard to make money on, even if you're doing the work.
Flipping houses is difficult because of the competition with other buyers, and the best way to get into flipping is to buy foreclosures, which means you have to deal with the banks; the banks only want cash and aren't looking to finance a house if you only have 20k.

That being said, 20,000 dollars isn't a lot of money, it would be good to invest it into education or renovating your home that you currently have.

Times are tough. Good luck.
>>
not enough information beyond telling you to put it in a high interest savings account somewhere like ally
>>
>>18719162
More companies accept cryptocoins.
You can order food, buy hardware or books. It does very much serve purpose for regular people.
Prices are volatile though.
>>
>>18719162
Bit coin and other crypto currencies are a direct threat to centralized banking institutions like Jp morgan, of course that fraud is against it.

On one hand the fraud discredits bitcoin, on the other Jp morgan comes out with their own ethereum like block chain clone.

Fuck Jp morgan.

Bitcoin will be worth alot of money in the comming years
>>
>>18719162
>bitcoin went from $2k to $4k after that notice
>JP morgan is dumping money into it
>jp morgan is talking about "block chain" as the future of their technology

I'm sure there is no conflict of interest in them telling people to dump it.
>>
Silver
>>
beanie babies
>>
5k to blue chips
1+1+1+1+1k to pink sheets
5k to high yield company loans
5k to [thing of your choice]
>>
>>18718968
Go to your local bank they wont charge you any money and they'll give you a sweet stock account that is good for someone your age and they'll buy some bullshit for you and you can go talk their advisor every little bit about.

Do not "Actively" manage your money. It's all bullshit.

Your bank will passively manage it for free. Go to them tell them about what you want to do. Banks are great people im telling you man.
>>
>>18719958
same guy

This is how normal people save for their retirement other than 401ks through their company . Most the people on this forum are just telling you otherwise cause they didnt get the memo from their bank when they bought a house cause they're young, poor and stupid.

But like if you put 20gs in ur bank your bank will usually say to you. would you like to speak with a financial advisor about saving for your future

and u absolutely should Listen to your god damn bank and always hsop around banks so you know you're getting a good deal. Those people make money on money.
>>
$AAPL
>>
>>18718968
It is not enough to start a business on, but it's a good start.

The rule of thumb is to put enough to live on for 3 or 4 months in a bank. You won't get much interest, but it will be guaranteed safe and instantly available. Put all but about 10% of the whole (i.e. $2000) in the stock market, in a no-load index-linked mutual fund. There is always the possibility you'll lose some of it, but you are far more likely to gain.

Spend the $2000 on a luxury present for yourself.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.