[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone I've brought into my life is toxic as fuck, I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0355.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0355.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
>be junior in college
>fall for fraternity meme first semester freshman year
>end up spending thousands just to spend time with probably the worst people i've ever met
>quit after two brothers beat the shit out of each other over a cocaine deal
>now isolated and lonely as none of my friends in the fraternity will even speak to me for quitting
>unsure of how to socialize with non fraternity types
>haven't spoken out loud to anyone who, for example, loves video games or nerdy shit like anime, general internet culture things
>always loved these but never had anyone to talk to about it

So the problem

>recently struck up a conversation with some guy who approached me while I was waiting between classes
>asks me about game on my laptop I'm playing, Hearts of Iron 4

"Oh it's cool, you control countries during WW2..."

> for some reason that is super difficult to say, flail desperately for a minute or two until he thinks I just don't want to talk and he leaves

>now thinking about how I've wasted 2 years of college not building any meaningful relationships

How do you talk to people if you only know how to talk to ChadBros, but fucking hate ChadBros?
>>
Man youll get over it. Just explain that shit when you meet someone. People will be understanding. Everything will seem more normal with time.
>>
>>18718545
>approached me
Jealous.
Can you elaborate a lil more on your interactions with others? With different types of people?

I'm a lot more starved, grateful for even a quick look on the train home.
>>
>>18718560
lol ^ this for social suicide
>>
>>18718545
>See which TCG's are popular in your region and where you can play them
>Pick up the TCG
>Go play, have fun, meet people with mutual interests.

I moved 3 times in the last 2 years and that literally how I met new people at the start
>>
>>18718568
>social suicide
>on adv trying to be less of a chad
He already committed social suicide by joining a frat. That is the 100% sure fire way to become a worthless manchild forever.
>>
>>18718575
No fucking kidding. For two years the majority of my social conversations focused around sports, pussy, and alcohol/weed. I feel fucking gross
>>
>>18718572
Never played a TCG before, and only know Magic vaguely. I've heard that's just about the polar opposite of what I'm describing? Very autist community
>>
>>18718575
I readily agree. But I don't think people are understanding.

Bottom line sob story not an effective social strat for op.
>>
>>18718565
What would you like to know? Generally my conversations with peers lately are just small talk about college and classes, usually ends with me getting weirded out trying desperately to think of something to say, get really quiet, conversation ends or I make up an excuse to leave to spare myself.
>>
>>18718593
And not having friends already knocked op down a peg with how others get to know him, with shittier superficial types at least. Not everyone is willing to be someone's first friend.
>>
>>18718587
Hmm, I've met some manchildren but considering you were a fratboy once, that shouldnt be a problem to you. It really depends on the locals you are going to. I've met a lot of people you'd consider normies or instagram fuckbois who came back for the nostalgia and stayed for the community. You can give it a try.
>>
>>18718602
And I wouldn't be considered an idiot for not knowing the game super well and showing up at one of these game shops for an event or something?
>>
>>18718597
Any of it feel fulfilling or real?

I've begun to keep to myself just because every interaction I have feels so pathetic.
>>
>>18718617
None at all. It's usually the same conversation on repeat.

>what's your major
>what do you want to do with major
>see you around anon nice to meet you

The end
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.