[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I need help with getting psychiatric care in the usa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Planet-crusader-concept3.jpg (3MB, 6420x3552px) Image search: [Google]
Planet-crusader-concept3.jpg
3MB, 6420x3552px
Hey guys I need help with getting psychiatric care in the usa without benefits, or at the most get some form of help.

Long story short, I've always had problems with paying attention and remembering things. It's so bad to the point that if someone talks to me, anything and EVERYTHING can distract me, it's so bad I can't deal with it anymore. On top of that I can't remember anything for shit, the minute I put something down (like car keys, or phone) I IMMEDIATELY forget it. I also have issues with words not being what they are at first glance before I have to make multiple double takes ( I may have dyslexia).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>>
Depending on where you live, there might be some non-profits that offer services for free or on a sliding scale. If you live in area where there are colleges or universities, some offer free counseling or mental/behavioral health services that are administered by supervised interns (usually students who are about to earn graduate or doctoral degrees) in that field.
>>
>>18717773
If you're in school/uni or under some age cut-off, you may still be covered by your parents' insurance.

If you're in school/uni your health service probably provides some free therapy/counselling.

If you work for a big corporation or belong to a union, they may offer free services.
>>
>>18717868
I will try my nearest college and see if they can offer any help

>>18717986
unfortunately I don't meet any of those requirements
>>
i wouldn't expect an easy fix. too much money involved in prescribing drugs that barely do anything but have massive often unstated side effects. you'll likely just roll in to a doctor, get prescribed an ssri, and become dissassociated with your own capacity for empathy or something.

doctors don't know shit, just meeting their drug prescription quotas. and the colleges are limited in their ability to teach because they're owned by the establishment that wants everyone stupid and easy to rule.

anyways, healthy food and exercise is probably about as helpful as anythign else you could do. you're likely fucked for life and just have to deal with it. but do keep an eye out for other symptoms, sometimes psychological problems are the first symptoms to an emerging physical condition.
>>
File: Tiger-Woods-001.jpg (30KB, 396x276px) Image search: [Google]
Tiger-Woods-001.jpg
30KB, 396x276px
>>18718886
>healthy food and exercise is probably about as helpful as anything else you could do

this is what i'm currently doing, but it's good to know that can help

>you're likely fucked for life and just have to deal with it.

I had a feeling this was the case, but i'll keep looking, thanks for the help man
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.