[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TlDR: filling in for two people and one of the managers is giving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.jpg (340KB, 1306x735px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
340KB, 1306x735px
TlDR: filling in for two people and one of the managers is giving me a hard time.

>Be engineer at medium size foundry
>Maintenance Manager has 2 weeks off
>Maintenance 2ic calls in sick on the first day of Maintenance Managers Holiday
>Called in sick every day since
>Told me today he won’t be back till the Maintenance Manager is back
That put me in charge of 8 people with lots of admin and planning shit to do.
On top of that:
>Massive sand casting project on the go
>Production is well behind
>Sand mould failed and spilled metal everywhere so more paperwork to do
>Furnace breakdowns so debugging to do
>15hr days for the last week
Foundry Manager has been yelling at me about production being behind scheduled and machine break down. He was threatening me with court action over health and safety. He’s acting like a right cunt, to the point where I’m about to snap and walk off site or smack him in the mouth.
I don’t know what to do.

>Picture related.
>>
Phone in sick?
>>
>>18717704

2 things

You prioritize
You delegate

And then you need to be assertive towards the manager and tell him you are in wayyyy over your head and you need help

The administrative shit can be shelved for the time being, most comanies don't file stuff until the end of the month
The planning and executing shit is NOW and needs your attention.

Fuck the paperwork, you are acting boss now, you need to lead, not to read
>>
>>18717707
I've thought about it.
>>
>>18717710
>You prioritize
>You delegate
The basics of being a boss.
I guess I needed to rant as much as anything else.
>>
>>18717732

Yeah it's back to basics when you have leadership pushed upon you

It's obvious you fuzz about the paperwork, which is what most engineers and other educated people do when they are in such a situation

I'm just trying to say that you need to stop thinking like the rubberstamper you usually are, and think like a proper leader who needs to get shit done.

Imagine you are Donald fucking Trump, you don't give a fuck about paperwork, you give a fuck about getting the deal done and making money, paperwork is an unfortunate reaction to you moving and shaking the real world
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.