[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 18 and never had a job. What should I say/do when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1499638074188.jpg (75KB, 640x734px) Image search: [Google]
1499638074188.jpg
75KB, 640x734px
I'm 18 and never had a job. What should I say/do when applying for one?
>>
>>18717634
what are some traits that really define you?
>>
>>18717634
Are you a people person anon?
>>
>>18717635
I'm really ambitious to work, I'm good at controlling my emotions and I can work under pressure
>18717643
Honestly, no. IMy only problem is trouble with starting conversations. That's it. Doesn't help that I naturally look irked. a couple guys in high school said I had the profile of a serial killer. Fucked me up a bit more. Since then, they said I'm good.
>>
>>18717675
Wow, PS4 internet fucked that up. My bad.
>>
Did you do any sort of volunteer things in school for a program or something? Any clubs?
>>
>>18717634
lmao I'm 25 and in the same boat, why are you even worrying?
>>
>>18717760
no
>>
>>18717774
Tell me your story
>>
What jobs are you applying for?
>>
>>18717790

>>18717790
Honestly if you don't have any experience just put your skills on your resume. Most entry level jobs barely require exp. anyway so just try applying
>>
>>18717793
>European
>Studying until 23-24 is normal here
>Also almost entirely free
>I'm a slacker so I take until 25 to finish my MA
>Inherited enough money to not have to worry for a while.

My cv will be shit because I have never felt the need to work, I admit I'm a little worried about that sometimes. My free time has just always been worth more to me than a new computer or expensive trips or whatever.
>>
>>18717904
You're going to learn the hard way that having a job while studying isn't just about money. Why should any employer take a risk with you when they can find someone with the same qualifications who can demonstrate that they're a good employee?
>>
>>18717634
Unless you know someone good luck, you're going to need it
>>
>>18717909
With this mentality you as well might take 2nd job. Also if you study something useful, they will hire you just because people with your education are rare.

Btw
>good employee
is RARE AS FUCK. Everybody lie on they CV and one month into job almost all of them turn into incopentent lazy slob. Also good luck making bussiness without employees. You can be neet easily for few months. The bussiness cant allow to stop even for a day cause competition and customers dont like waiting.
>>
>>18717909
I know man, but I never really cared about any of that.

I have a highly sought after degree, and going by my internship experience I think I am a good worker at heart. I do what I'm told, I respect hierarchy and I'm very punctual. Those seem like ideal wage-slave qualities.

Here's the kicker: I'm gonna go for an extra degree because I have absolutely no interest in getting a job in my current degree's field.

Also got some good money coming my way and I never really planned on living past 50 anyway.
>>
>>18717904
>>Studying until 23-24 is normal here

its also normal to have a part-time job here while studying. Especially during your masters..
>>
>>18717634
Be honest and say you want one!
>>
>>18717938
For poorfags maybe, yes.
>>
>>18717634
Use Google to find models for skills-based resumes and CVs. On the entry level you may not need a printed CV but the models will give you ideas of how to present your skills as selling points.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.