[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

23 years old and working at a restaurant making less than minimum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 600px-Office_10.jpg (38KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Office_10.jpg
38KB, 600x338px
23 years old and working at a restaurant making less than minimum wage. What's a job I can get with 1-2 years of training where I can make a living?
>>
>>18716926
Construction but thats hard work and you can have real shortages of work sometimes.
>>
If you are not a felon, or have any mental or health issues you can join the Army. I went in when I was 21.
>>
Look into the rules for becoming a process server in your state. Often times, it only takes a few months (and no experience/college education) at the most to get into that profession, but be prepared to have a reliable vehicle and run around town a bit if you want to make some real money. Also, becoming a notary public is cheap and quick, as well as a nice addition to your process server certification/license.

t. Notary/Server making 60-70 grand per year
>>
>>18716926
Either get a chef qualification and a better job, or start talking to the reps who sell kitchen equipment or stock to the business and try and get an in for a sales job
>>
>>18716926
what part of the restaurant are you working in? have you tried the kitchen or waitressing? i think admin is a good way to make a living
>>
Electrician
>>
File: 1504791267469.gif (1MB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
1504791267469.gif
1MB, 300x166px
>>18716926
Try moving to a fancier restaurant. Steak houses are a good step up. The tips are better and you can rake in more dough.

Or you can do warehouse work for a retail distribution center. Those places usually pay 12-15 an hour.
>>
>>18716926
If you don't mind working a ton of hours and you live in the right area, oilfield work is good for quickly saving up a good chunk of money. If you live in an area where the industry is stable, you can make a career of it. Also, not all oilfield work is hard. I did water transfer for 9 months, made a lot of money, and in those 9 months, put in about as much actual work as I put in in couple weeks at my old job doing overnight stocking. And I was brought on with zero experience.
>>
>>18716926
HVAC
CNC/Advanced Manufacturing

Or just apply to the plumber's union.
>>
>>18716926
Get a catastrophic insurance license

Don't need a degree, and my literally autistic brother does it and makes $25/hr. Which is plenty more than he needs

Google it
>>
>>18718596
Also this, HVAC is always in demand because people always need AC/heat

And I've met some reeeeal dumb fucks who do it for a living
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.