[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>About a year ago, started a game project in my spare time,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1505138709963.jpg (122KB, 581x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1505138709963.jpg
122KB, 581x1100px
>About a year ago, started a game project in my spare time, just for fun
>Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to make my own game. Not as a professional, and not to make money, but just to have my name on something
>Watched tutorials and corresponded through emails with professionals fr advice
>Had a friend help me with sprite work and someone to help with music
>Worked diligently for a month, every day after work I'd putabout two hours of honest work into it
>Then I hit a wall. One of the scripts I was working on wouldn't work. I couldn't figure out why
>The only advice I could find was "Try again"
>I eventually get pissed off and lose interest
>Last night I'm browsing /v/
>See a screenshot from an Indy game some Anon is working on
>Can't stop thinking about the progress I would have made, had I not given up.

How do I jump back in the saddle? And if I do start working on this project again, how do I maintain momentum? I always procrastinate and feel like I can't do anything, but working on that project made me realize that isn't true. How do I turn that silly child's dream into a reality?
>>
>>18716502
True motivation comes from focused attention and ultra-desired outcomes. You have to WANT it, that end result, more than you reasonably should. That's how people keep motivated. Just staying focused, and dreaming of that sweet, sweet outcome.

As for getting back in, solve the problem that made you quit. Don't give up anymore, keep hitting that wall with your head until it cracks. Trust me, the euphoria you'll get from finally fixing that issue and knowing you can move on will be enough to push you farther.
>>
>>18716561
I basically just have to want it more than anything else in the world, right? I know I CAN do it. I have all the tools necessary to get it done. I let one stupid thing get in the way.

I think the most annoying aspect of this is that whenever I'm at work or doing something else, I'm motivated to work on it. But when I get in front of the computer, I get distracted and don't have motivation.

I think I'm gonna make a list of tasks and checkpoints and set a timer. I have to do one hour of work each work day. If I can work eight hours for someone else, I can surely put in an hour for myself.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.