[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is my dad autistic or just anal retentive? My dad has these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1502323731664.jpg (61KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502323731664.jpg
61KB, 427x640px
Is my dad autistic or just anal retentive?

My dad has these annoying habits whenever we go out to eat as a restaurant. If theres only one napkin on the table where the silverware rests on, he always asks for extra napkins or take them from the bathroom before were seated. He likes to put the napkin on his lap, or if he's using the napkin, he doesn't want the silverware to touch the table because he thinks the table isn't clean.

Whenever he gets a salad, he always asks if there's tomatoes or cucumbers in the salad because it's not a salad without them.

He'll also take your plate the moment your done, or ask if your finished so he can stack them and give it to the waiter and so there's "more space on the table"

But he has his issues with other things too. At home he only likes specfic type of bowl to use and microwave with, even though we yell at him not to use those bowls because they're melamine.

He speeds when he drives, he cuts people off and then curses at them for driving bad. He's also extremely stubborn, that if you use Waze to tell him to get him somewhere, he refuses to use it because he insists the way he uses to get someplace is the besr/fastest despite it being not.

He bitches and complains about everything, like freaking out if there's newspapers or magazines on the kitchen table when he wants to come up to eat.

His social skills suck too. Whenever we get together with the family to dinner someplace, he doesn't say goodbye. He just rushes to the car as soon as the bill is paid and if we don't leave the moment he does, he complains as to what's taking so long.

He doesn't pay attention to a conversation so he's always out of the loop, and so he doesn't follow instructions.
He says my mom's a hoarded and has too much stuff, yet hes constantly buying shit from garage sales, like old computer keyboards and screwdrivers.

What is wrong with my dad? Is he autistic? OCD, or just anal-retentive??
>>
>>18715998
Maybe not autism but he definitely has something.
>>
>>18716023
He's just becoming more and more difficult to deal with and the whole family notices this.

Now my dad happens to be a smart man, he used to be an FDNY captain, so he knows how to command people, and he's brilliant when it comes to math, money, the stock market, etc, but everything else he comes off as an imbecile.

Even his "friends" at his Elks Lodge think he's crazy. They call him both genius and stupid but they yell at him for having a shirt attention span.

He's extremely forgetful, and the fact that he's hard of hearing just makes it all more frustrating. He refuses to get a hearing aid, and he blasts the tv at volume 40 saying he doesn't keep it loud because he's hard of hearing, but that he just likes it loud.
>>
>>18716040
He could seriously have a degenerative disease. Get him checked out.
>>
>>18715998
sounds a big like ocpd (aka ocd-lite)
>>
His brain is literally dying. Take him to the doctor
>>
>>18715998
OP if he has acted this way for the past 10 years then its just him but if these attitudes have changed in the past 5 years he could be getting some sort of mental illness. OCD is already one i can identify and his attitude overall doesn't make sense. I dont know of his childhood. But if he is as stubborn as you say the most impossible thing to do is convince someone else they have a problem... especially if they wont listen to reason or understand their actions are affecting people around them.
>>
>>18716132
He's acted this way for as long as I can remember, but the past 10 years his flaws just keep getting worse.

He's also a diabetic, so Idk if that's anything. Speaking of which his perception of food size is always off. He complains that normal food portions are too small even though its the same size hes always had.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.