[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend died 3 months ago and i've been drinking heavily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 6534568345.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
6534568345.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
My girlfriend died 3 months ago and i've been drinking heavily since. I've had about half a litre of vodka and feel the best way to feel better is help others, so im here to offer advice and help on anything. I've got a lot of life experience so come at me with your problems. I'll try my best to give you advice.
>>
Others can feel free to chip in with their 2 cents too.
>>
>>18715524
Your a fucking mess dude. I wouldn't want advice from a weak bitch who can't deal with his emotions. Stop drinking. Have a good cry, talk to a professional or family and friends. Build new skills and move on. Don't be pathetic and put of the inevitability pain. Do you think she would want that?
>>
>>18715535
Bit aggressive there man, but I see your logic.
I'm not that drunk, having been drinking for a long while has built up my tolerence. Half a litre of vodka is like 2 beers to the average guy for me now. I do talk to people and I do break down and cry now and then, but I just wanna offer some help to others. I'm coherent and not gonna offer stupid or uninformed advice.
>>
>>18715535
This. It took alot for me to overcome alcoholism. Youre dealing with some serious shit and thats from a dude who fights HIV. Its normal to feel like shit right now man. Just dont kill yourself like that. If she cared about you then your shitting all over someone she once loved. You dont need to sacrifice yourself like this to commemorate her. Youre a grown ass man that needs to overcome these emotions.

In all likelihood she could have left you living and youd still be a wreck like this, the loss is exposing a layer of who you are that you need to work past. Your memory is all that lives on of her and you're drinking it away because it hurts.
>>
I'm 18, loved someone who didn't love me back, I cared for her wellbeing a lot cause she's had a rough time in her life, and it got me all anxious and caring for her cause I could relate in ways I never admitted to her.

I ended up hurting her trust and she doesn't really want anything to do with me anymore.

It's all fair enough but I have yet to learn how to ignore these feelings and grow up.

I just want to apologise and have her not hate me, but I don't know of any way to do it and appear genuine, nor does she literally want to ever speak to me again so I'd just be reopening a wound every time I try.

Feels bad man, I've been drinking a bit more, but not alone. I've just been finding more reasons to hang out with my friends so I can drink and be happy for a few hours.

But like I said, I wish I didn't still worry about her and I wish I could sincerely apologise, but I haven't managed to do either, despite trying.

TBh I am venting and feel slightly better for organizing my thoughts.
>>
>>18715590
How did you hurt her trust as you say? What happened?

It sounds like theres 2 choices you can take, either ask to sit with her and just talk and tell her how you related to her rough times. You'd also have to explain why you did whatever it is you did to break her trust, but I dont know what that is so i need a bit more info.

Or you'll just have to move on and do something else. You'll think about this person alot at times but the best thing you can do is hang with friends, try to drink less and go have fun and do things you and your friends like doing that doesnt involve drink.

DESU mate, if she never loved you back you're never going to be happy just being friends with her and always worrying and caring for her. You'll always want more and she wont, so it'll be torture. Although you may feel like you enjoyed just being around her and close to her in a friendship way because it was better than nothing, it'll never be enough. If theres absolutely no chance of reconciliation with her then it'll be much better to cut your losses and move on. Apologise if you feel you need to and explain why you did whatever it is you did and leave it at that. Move on and one day when you find someone who loves you back you'll look back on this time and this person and realise how insignificant your feelings were compared to being with someone who actually loves you back as much as you love them. It's not easy, but nothing good ever is. You need to cut your losses and better yourself and one day you'll find someone who makes you truly happy, and that is far far better and more rewarding than chasing someone who doesnt love you like you love them. You'll just keep getting hurt.
>>
>>18715655
I dont know why it says DESU mate in the third paragraph, I never typed desu lol.
>>
>>18715524
Talk to friends and family instead of drinking, please?
>>
>>18715559
FWIW, she died in my arms as I tried to save her. She had some sort of seizure. The paramedics tried reviving her for over an hour. It's really effected me alot and thats why I drink. I keep having horrible horrible nightmares about it. I know I need help but atm I'm just lost in my head. It's like reading a really good book that you so dearly love and then finding out someone ripped out the last 100 pages, but far far crueller.
>>
>>18715666
They cant really help me, this is way out of their depth.
>>
>>18715674
The longer you wait to recover the longer it will take you to get back on your feet and start liveing life. It won't be easy but it's necessary if you want a future. Choose to start today. Overcome this for her. She didn't deserve to die but it happened. Would she want to see you getting lost in yourself or fight and overcome? Anon take a deep breath put the alcohol down and fight goddamnit!
>>
>>18715524
I came here to ask for help on how to move on. This weekend marks one year somebody I loved very much died. I think of him every day. I just can't forget him. Everything seems to remind me of him. A year has gone by, and still, whenever something interesting happens, my first instinct is to wonder what he would think about it. I have started drinking heavily, usually at night until I fall asleep. I dream about him frequently. I am horribly lonely - absolutely MISERABLE. But, I just can't forget this guy. Nobody is attractive to me. I've started just not taking care of myself anymore. Eating junk, drinking too much, bathing only when I just can't stand myself anymore. I spend all of my free time when I am not working in bed. I don't go out or talk to people anymore.
>>
Bump im still here, up to a full litre of vodka now so ask me anything.
>>
>>18715878
Please don't die
>>
>>18715951
I doubt I will die but why do you care about me? Not being an ass just genuinely curious.
Still here if people need advice. OP here and >>18715655
Was me.
>>
>>18716069
What do you mean? Of course I fucking care.
In not that disconnected from my fellow man. I've felt the same pain you feel now. I do care dude wtf.
>>
>>18716129
That means a lot that a fellow anon cares, it really does. What did you have to endure that made you feel pain?

I'm gonna go to bed soon cause I'm drunk as fuck and tired and it's 22:10 here in the UK but it'd be nice to wake up to loads of questions to answer and give advice on so please don't let this thread die.
>>
>>18716177
Where abouts in the UK are you from lad?
>>
>>18716189
Medway in Kent.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.