[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal to compare my other relationships to my first true

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: yuri lowell.jpg (88KB, 590x770px) Image search: [Google]
yuri lowell.jpg
88KB, 590x770px
Is it normal to compare my other relationships to my first true love (the best relationship of my life so far) or am I mentally beyond repair? It's been 5 years since we officially broke up and she's always on my mind. I guess she won. I've been with plenty of other girls since then but I'm starting to believe either she WAS that great or I have a problem.
>>
It's a sign you haven't gotten over her, which is an issue because it was so long ago now.
>>
>>18714639
Well what can I do? The only time she's not on my mind is if I'm in a relationship and it goes on for a while. I don't think about her as "hard" as I did (I used to be really cut up about it, now it's like a constant reminder of what I had).

I don't know I just want to be freed
>>
>>18714645
Accept that you will never have what you had with her. I'm in your current position as we speak. But it's only been 4 months. I've looked through tinder and just looking at any of them i just keep reminding myself thtlat they don't hold a candle to her.

You cannot replicate what you had with your true love. But it simply wasn't meant to be
What you need to do is focus on just yourself. Once you're ready. Strive to not compare, but to find that one person that goes beyond what you once had. Tall order i know. But there will be that one person that just sets the fire going and only then will you realise what a blessing it was that you found this person and that you finally have something BETTER than what you had.

TL:DR
Come to terms that you cannot replicate what you once had.
Focus on yourself and your own personal happiness.
Stop comparing and focus on what you want from a lover.

It's not easy. My god it really fucking isn't. But if there's one thing i've learnt since coming to /adv/ is that you will always have people on your side.

Good luck.
>>
>>18714747
thanks, anon. i need to start focusing on myself and the next.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.