[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me /adv/ have a sore throat, feel like shit throat lozanges

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: coldhell.jpg (167KB, 853x1200px) Image search: [Google]
coldhell.jpg
167KB, 853x1200px
help me /adv/
have a sore throat, feel like shit
throat lozanges aren't helping, how do I escape this hell
>>
Depends on what's causing it, but boil some water very hot, just hot enough for you to bear drinking it, then add salt and honey if you have it, and gargle that deep in the back of your throats and even swallow it if you have trouble gargling. If the pain fades a little, gargle the whole glass. Then drink some fresh water and lay down
>>
>>18713815
hot toddy
whiskey, honey, and lemon juice in a pot. heat that shit up, sip that shit down
>>
>>18713815
What happened, get dicked in the throat too hard?
>>
>>18713871
well it's a cold
and how long will that relief last?
so far everything i've tried only works for no more than 5 minutes

>>18713882
i don't do alcohol mate
never knew it helped a sore throat
>>
>>18713909
>never knew it helped a sore throat
well idk if it actually does, might just be the placebo effect, but sore throats always fuck me over. i've lost my voice more than a few times just from being sick. but my voice is noticeably better the day after sipping some hot toddy the night before
>>
>>18713915
i think it's something like honey helping to coat your throat, and honey is anti-bacterial. and then lemon juice also helps keep bacteria out. and then shit idk about the alcohol, maybe it's just there to make you feel good or relax your throat muscles while you sleep?
>>
>>18713909
The salt helps to clear the mucus (which is full of bacteria and crap) off the back of your throat. Salt is very good for getting rid of the nasty stuff causing the pain. It can work completely. Unless you have something like strep. Take a flashlight and see if you have red bumps with white spots on them. If you don't you'll probably be fine after some rest, hopefully
>>
>>18713922
ok, ill make a cup
how much salt should i add?
>>
>>18713942
Enough so that it tastes salty.
>>
>>18713946
i tried it mate, shit nearly made me throw up, it was too salty
and then when i drank the fresh water, all relieving effects dissipated and i was left back with my shitty sore throat
maybe i put too much salt
RIP me
>>
>>18714025
Bro... how much fucking salt did you put in lmao I meant like tablespoon or something
>>
>>18714031
it was less than a tablespoon
i put honey too
>>
>>18714033
Did you straight up drink it before gargling it? Only drink it if you need the salt....
>>
>>18714039
i gargled and drank at first
then afterwards i just gargled and spit, but that's when i started gagging on the saltiness
>>
>>18713815
Popsicles. There's a reason they're "prescribed" to children after a tonsil surgery.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.