[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody here have positive stories of overcoming depression and/or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1504366034445.jpg (92KB, 450x666px) Image search: [Google]
1504366034445.jpg
92KB, 450x666px
Anybody here have positive stories of overcoming depression and/or anxiety? Please share if so, and what you did to overcome it. I'm not doing very well and would like some inspiration/positivity. I want to do better.
>>
>>18713085
Honestly, DXM got me through my depression. It's weird because if drugs help people's depression, it's almost always psychedelics, and it seems like a dissociative drug like DXM would just make shit worse. Started off as something I took to feel weird and cool for hours on end. Over time, that turned into using it for a good time to think about the universe and how crazy and complicated it all is. I started going outside around my college campus while on it, slowly enjoying watching the bugs and birds and stray cats more and more. It was so gradual that I couldn't tell you when I officially got over it. One day I just kind of woke up and realized how different I felt from how I used to be. I'm not encouraging trying drugs to fix your depression, cuz drugs can often just make things worse. But that's what helped me
>>
>>18713085
Back while I was in high school I used to get really depressed and had thoughts of suicide pretty frequently.

One of the things I would do pretty regularly is to go for a walk around my neighborhood in the evenings when twilight had just begun or sometimes just super late around 2 AM when everything was still and quiet. The calm would help me feel better and the physical exertion of walking up and down all the big hills near my house always left me feeling pretty good.

I would recommend something like this, especially with a friend if you've got the luxury of it! An old friend of mine used to join me on walks to a gas station around 2 miles away from our houses and we would walk in silence or sometimes shoot the breeze. Every once in a while we would talk about super serious stuff too.

This is a guy who would whip his dick out in public and get thrown in detention around once every two weeks because he was a maniac, but in one on one he would calm down and be reasonable and both of us benefited greatly from it.

Hope this helps anon! Keep at it! You can overcome this!
>>
>>18713085
Currently noticing Facebook china
>>
Get outside and really admire some nature, even if you aren't an outdoor person. /out/ can probably help getting you started in the right direction.
>>
>>18713096
Do you still take it?
>>
>>18713085

I was suicidal a few years ago. I was seeing a therapist and being heavily medicated. PTSD was being a real bitch to me and I wanted escape from the immense pain. All it really took was time and a special person supporting me and I got over it for the most part. I've come to terms with the reality that it may never go fully away, but it's bearable now and I haven't been suicidal in years now. The coping techniques and occasional vodka help me get through the panic attacks and depression. I also have my video game hobby and go for walks outside.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.